Paris
H2 PS4 - 43 seconds
H2 PS5 - 25 seconds
H3 PS5 - 9 seconds

Miami
H2 PS4 - 1 minute 2 seconds
H2 PS5 - 24 seconds
H3 PS5 - 11 seconds

Only a couple of months into this gen I already can't believe I used to sit there for a minute waiting for a level to load. God bless SSDs.

It’s a big improvement but only shows that unless you use the kraken compression which this game is not then your not taking full advantage of what’s on offer.

Does this game use the card system help on PS5 with videos? Or is it just “go play this level”

Does it have PS5 user interface score board like Astro bots? So when a friend beats your score you get a system level pop up.

6 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

I don’t think it’s even that at all. It’ll all be about resolution. 4k 60 HDR 

I saw a video that said the Xbox one x and s versions didn’t have HDR but the series X does.

they must have patched it?

The Xbox One version of Hitman 2 definitely had HDR. I can't believe the Xbox One version of Hitman 3 wouldn't have it too (there's no impact on performance and it would be nonsensical to remove it).

1 minute ago, Garwoofoo said:

The Xbox One version of Hitman 2 definitely had HDR. I can't believe the Xbox One version of Hitman 3 wouldn't have it too (there's no impact on performance and it would be nonsensical to remove it).

Well someone here posted a video comparing the different versions. They were a couple of noobs at the digital foundry thing but they said there was no option which was really strange. I noticed my ps5 version isn’t v 1.000 but it has had a patch at some point so maybe the disc version didnt

2 hours ago, CarloOos said:

Hitman 2 doesn’t have a next-gen update but does have an unlocked frame-rate, so already looks and runs a lot better on the Series X (and presumably would do on the S as well). Obviously soon we’ll all be playing those levels from Hitman 3, which is a native next-gen game, so I’d expect good performance across the board.

It is a native next-gen game but very much last generation technology. It uses some next-gen features but that mostly shows in the loading times. Ray tracing and I suspect true next-gen graphic updates are coming later this year. 

Mirror/window reflections are improved and it has some nice shiny floors too but for the most part it looks like the old games running at 60fps and higher res. Which is fine, they were good looking games and punched above their weight when it came to lighting anyway.

Yeah, and it's probably worth noting that the originals pushed the consoles a bit too hard - the frame rate wasn't perfect above 30fps, which is a large part of why I switched to PC for Hitman 2, so I'd hope at least that'll be a notable improvement on the new gen consoles!

37 minutes ago, Majora said:

Mirror/window reflections are improved and it has some nice shiny floors too but for the most part it looks like the old games running at 60fps and higher res. Which is fine, they were good looking games and punched above their weight when it came to lighting anyway.

That would make sense to realeaee a super duper trilogy pack at the end of the year for next gen consoles with ray tracing.

I was hoping the animation would take a leap Forward but I’ll settle for pipe climbing being faster ...

Climbing being slow is a deliberate balancing thing surely? It would be a piece of piss if you could parkour around the place, AC style. I think the majority of the canned animations are timed to increase the risk/reward effect.

Got everything installed and the relevant legacy packs downloaded on PS5, but predictably I'm now at the mercy of IOI's progress transfer process working.

Hopefully it'll all be working by the weekend.

I've just decided to play through the whole campaign once before doing the carry forward thing, I assume/hope by then it should be fixed. I'm not gonna replay levels or actively go out of my way to do any challenges until then, just focus on a story mission and move on. Did Dubai and there's still a ton of stuff left to do on replays naturally. Redoing one story mission per level once I've carried forward my progress doesn't really bother me.

This transfer balls up has certainly soured my enthusiasm on DAY ONE. Hopefully when I come to have a go later on it’ll be fine but I guess it’s not the end of the world.

I see on Twitter one person saying it’s like the cyberpunk situation and they should’ve learnt. I don’t think it’s quite that bad mind

Yeah, I'm going to say "underestimated game popularity/server capacity meaning players couldn't carry over progress on day one" isn't quite on the same level as Cyberpunk's litany of launch issues ;)

Is anyone else having issues with the legacy content?

Hitman 1 and 2 show fine. I don’t have access to Patient Zero or other bonus missions. 

I only own the original Hitman, not the GOTY edition but I can play these missions if I boot Hitman 2 - think I got them as some sort of gold edition of 2?

it’s very confusing. 

33 minutes ago, Alshie said:

Is anyone else having issues with the legacy content?

Hitman 1 and 2 show fine. I don’t have access to Patient Zero or other bonus missions. 

I only own the original Hitman, not the GOTY edition but I can play these missions if I boot Hitman 2 - think I got them as some sort of gold edition of 2?

it’s very confusing. 

Patient Zero was a Hitman 1 GOTY edition bonus mission so if you can play it in Hitman 2 it means you must own Hitman 1 GOTY in some form.

It shouldn't matter though because even people who only owned standard version of Hitman 1 are being 'upgraded' to the GOTY version in Hitman 3 so I can think of absolutely no reason why you would be able to play Hitman 1 levels in 3 but not Patient Zero. What does it tell you when you select Patient Zero from the menu?

32 minutes ago, Majora said:

Patient Zero was a Hitman 1 GOTY edition bonus mission so if you can play it in Hitman 2 it means you must own Hitman 1 GOTY in some form.

It shouldn't matter though because even people who only owned standard version of Hitman 1 are being 'upgraded' to the GOTY version in Hitman 3 so I can think of absolutely no reason why you would be able to play Hitman 1 levels in 3 but not Patient Zero. What does it tell you when you select Patient Zero from the menu?

Just says “access patient zero” which is a link to the store. 

On the IO website it doesn’t show me as having played Hitman 1 at all - I’m not sure I’ve ever played Hitman on my Xbox account - I played it on PS4 but picked it up cheap at some point so I could import into Hitman 2. 

Will try downloading the actual Hitman 1 and booting then trying again. 

It’s not the end of the world but it would be nice to have everything in three!

Native 4K/60fps on Series X. One of the cleanest games they've seen.

1800p/60fps on PS5

1080p/60fps on Series S.

Series X has Ultra Textures and High Shadows.

PS5 has Ultra Textures and Medium Shadows.

Series S has High Textures and Low Shadows.

Framerate is close to perfect on all platforms, with a few exceptions.

I never signed up an account before. So I did it today at my desktop, took a while but got there in the end.

But, do I now need to register H2 with that account, before I try and do the progress carry over?

Annoyingly, it's all in the save file on my ps5 and all the story missions have carried over from 1 & 2 with me doing very little, but because of the network issues they are having I can't get my progress.

Real first world problems for sure! 

4 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Anyone played it yet? Iv found it for 28 quid and loved hitman 2

Mines installing,but it's probably gonna be tomorrow night before I can play it. :hmm:

DSC_0317.JPG

5 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Anyone played it yet? Iv found it for 28 quid and loved hitman 2

Played the first level, following one of the missions. It looks amazing and seems pretty much more of the same, can't wait to get properly stuck in.

Progress transfer site seems to be working now, mine is showing as in progress after going through all the steps. Will only lose one story mission completion from Dubai so it's not too bad, can get that one done again in about 15 minutes I reckon.