Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

11 hours ago, CarloOos said:

Just playing Hitman 2 at a solid 60 on the Series X already feels next-gen to me, as the levels themselves have always looked great and featured ambitious numbers of NPCs. Fantastic HDR and lighting, too. 

Has the game got a proper X/S upgrade? 

I'm wondering how it'll work on my Series S, or if it's just going to be the same as the One S version. 

Got the first two on PS4, but tempted to rebuy them, and the third one, on my Series S if load times, visuals and frame rates will be improved. Everything I've read focuses only on the Series improvements. 

53 minutes ago, Parksey said:

Importing Hitman 2 into Hitman 3 and playing it in the Hitman 3 engine *is the upgrade*. 

Otherwise it benefits from the usual BC advantages on the Series.

Yep, Hitman 2, along with Monster Hunter World, is the biggest BC improvement I've seen on the Series X - it runs at full 4K at pretty much 60fps (only a couple of areas in Santa Fortuna and Whittleton Creek where there's lots of vegetation slow it down a bit) or 1440p where it never drops a frame. Loading times are super-snappy and it looks glorious.

Importing it into the Hitman 3 engine should give it an additional visual boost and possibly improve performance still further, I guess we will find out later today.

There's apparently a ray-tracing patch due later in the year but I don't know if that's PC only or whether it's intended to hit the next-gen consoles.

23 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

There's apparently a ray-tracing patch due later in the year but I don't know if that's PC only or whether it's intended to hit the next-gen consoles.

Pretty sure I heard them say it's also consoles.

7 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Pretty sure I heard them say it's also consoles.

With the amount of effort IO always seems to put in, I would have been very surprised if it wasn't also in consoles. Won't be as pretty as on PC obviously, but hopefully still nice.

WHO'S EXCITED TO RE-ENTER THE WORLD OF ASSASSINATION

LET'S GO KILL SOME FOOLS :omg:

6 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Yeah same here. Would it be mad to skip Hitman 1+2 and go straight to 3?

There's apparently a story recap (and the story isn't why anyone plays these things anyway) so I don't think you'd miss out on too much. If you just wanted to see if you actually liked the series then one of the earlier games would likely be a cheaper starting point though.

6 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

https://profile.hitman.com/

Thats the progression carryover web page.  As predicted it’s getting hammered at the moment. Who could have predicted that one?!

It was honestly so predictable it would crash with everyone trying to access it at the same time. They should have at least let the website go live earlier to stagger the demand. Now the game is out and I don't want to play it yet because I'll lose my progress later :doh:

5 minutes ago, Majora said:

It was honestly so predictable it would crash with everyone trying to access it at the same time. They should have at least let the website go live earlier to stagger the demand. Now the game is out and I don't want to play it yet because I'll lose my progress later :doh:

Yeah, this is a bit stupid.

On the plus side, I literally didn't need to do a thing to get the access packs for 1 and 2 on xbox, they're all ticked in the in-game store already and I just booted up Paris no problem. Don't know if having 2's client installed was actually necessary in the end.

Same here even though I checked my IOI account yesterday and it showed that I'd purchased Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2!

These accounts are connected to your IOI Account and are eligible for progression carryover. Don't see the account that you want? You'll need to logout of your IOI Account and then choose to "sign in with" the account that you want to link and then refresh this page.

No eligible HITMAN 2 accounts found.

Make sure that you select the account that has the HITMAN 2 progression that you want to carryover into HITMAN 3.

6 hours ago, Parksey said:

I'm wondering how it'll work on my Series S, or if it's just going to be the same as the One S version. 

Got the first two on PS4, but tempted to rebuy them, and the third one, on my Series S if load times, visuals and frame rates will be improved. Everything I've read focuses only on the Series improvements. 

Hitman 2 doesn’t have a next-gen update but does have an unlocked frame-rate, so already looks and runs a lot better on the Series X (and presumably would do on the S as well). Obviously soon we’ll all be playing those levels from Hitman 3, which is a native next-gen game, so I’d expect good performance across the board.

There still doesn't seem to be a way to update the PS4 disc version of Hitman 3 to PS5. Starting to think I shouldn't have been such a cheapskate and just paid for the PS5 version, but I wanted to make sure I had VR damnit!

50 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

...and here I am at work just about to start a 9 hours shift

You’re in luck if you were going to carry progress over as it’s fucked :)

Might be sorted when you’re done.

4 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

There still doesn't seem to be a way to update the PS4 disc version of Hitman 3 to PS5. Starting to think I shouldn't have been such a cheapskate and just paid for the PS5 version, but I wanted to make sure I had VR damnit!

If you'd bought the PS5 version they would have given you the PS4 version also, the entitlement works both ways because of the VR mode. Sorry, that probably isn't helpful now haha.

Anyway, fuck it I'm just gonna explore Dubai until IO sort the carryover out. I make such painfully slow progress anyway I doubt I'll lose much that won't be sorted on replays.

Some load time comparisons for older levels:

Paris
H2 PS4 - 43 seconds
H2 PS5 - 25 seconds
H3 PS5 - 9 seconds

Miami
H2 PS4 - 1 minute 2 seconds
H2 PS5 - 24 seconds
H3 PS5 - 11 seconds

Only a couple of months into this gen I already can't believe I used to sit there for a minute waiting for a level to load. God bless SSDs.

I couldn't get the progress carry-over to carry over, and I thought man then I would have to play it all again.

And then I thought oh boy I'm going to play it all again!

Fantastic opening for the first level of H3 btw

54 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Any word yet on how the old levels look in the new engine on new consoles? Does it feel next gen or is it just a minor facelift?

I don’t think it’s even that at all. It’ll all be about resolution. 4k 60 HDR 

I saw a video that said the Xbox one x and s versions didn’t have HDR but the series X does.

they must have patched it?