A Quiet Place Part 2

Enjoyed the first film, but still struggling to find a reason for this to exist. Did it’s predecessor have an ending where you were like ‘wow, I wish I knew what happens next!’? No. All seemed pretty well tied up from what I could see. They say it’s going to go more into the origins of the creatures, but those were already established with a slow crawl over newspaper articles in the first film. 

In short, who is this film for? 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m just glad the trailer had the obligatory ‘ssssh’ gesture. Take a shot whenever someone does it in the original and you’ll be face down by the credits.

Trailer looks good though, the flashback to day 1 is ace.

Looks better than I expected. Hopefully they don’t bounce around in the timelines too much. Also nice to see Cillian Murphy again. Feels like it’s been a while. 

I liked how he regards the baby with incomprehension, mirroring the thoughts of 99% of people who watched the first film. :lol:

• Upvote 1

I'll probably end up liking this more than the first. Sometimes it goes that way where you don't know the ceiling of its quality then you accept that's all it is. Then the sequel appears, you're not bothered but it's just there so you think; may as well. There's less to establish so has more room to manoeuvre and the original has already set the bar low so there's more opportunity to impress. 

But then critics go all revisionist and start pretending the original was some kind of minor classic* and this unnecessary sequel has only shat on its legacy. 

Zombieland Double Tap, Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes, Anchorman 2, Ted 2, Deadpool 2, The Inbetweeners 2, Cars 3, there's quite a few recent sequels I've preferred. 

*i know Anchorman is a classic, i still preferred 2 though. 

That bit where the bus just keeps coming at her as she puts the car into reverse is brilliant.I love those scenes of the initial chaos in apocalypse films. I wonder if this will rival the one in the Dawn of the Dead remake.

• Upvote 1

I'm with you! I really enjoyed the first movie, I was a little skeptical about it getting a sequel, but even if its just 5 minutes of the movie, to see the initial invasion has got me hyped. :omg:

The initial chaos scene in 'World War Z' was also awesome. Oh and 'Train to Busan'! I need more.

47 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Deadpool and Zombieland are absolute classics.

What, really? Deadpool had a lot i liked about it, Ryan Reynolds' quick talking, the physical comedy was almost subversive and entering Family Guy territory. It poked fun at itself and superhero films and like Family Guy it didn't matter if it sometimes fell flat. The opening action sequence is very good. It's violent and fun. But it also looks cheap, the villain is terrible, the plot rubbish, the second half goes downhill. 

Zombieland too with its rules and Zombie Kill Of The Week stuff. That addition over what Shaun of The Dead had i loved, as well as seeming to be grander in terms of traversing over more ground. But that never really comes true; they meet the sisters, drive a bit, reach a mansion, then go to a funfair. It's anticlimactic i think. 

I think classic has to apply to films that not only brought something fresh but executed every element near perfectly. The Matrix is an absolute classic because it can't be faulted, there isn't a weak area. Put another way, in terms of what The Matrix was attempting to do there is no better film to be made there. I don't think Deadpool was the absolute best Deadpool film we could have got, nor Zombieland for it. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
17 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

I'd heard a few week's back that this was due to be released this month, but according to IMDB it's been moved back to April 2021 now.

Yeah, in April they stated it was pushed back to September, then they announced in July it was going to be pushed back to next April :)

It was so close to being released, had its previews just before the lockdown started.