rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Liamness

Kilner jars screwed onto blender base - good idea, bad idea?

Just come across this apparently well-known phenonmenon, American-style mason jars / mayonaise jars can apparently screw fairly securely to some blenders, meaning you can make smoothies etc in the same vessel you will use for storing / consuming. Although in all the videos I've seen, the demonstrators seem to hold on quite tight to the resulting assembly:

I'm wondering if any of you have tried something similar with Kilner jars (which I have loads of) and any blender that is sold in the UK. Particularly interested to know if you haven't maimed yourself. I think I might end up dissapointed, as most of the blenders I can see use a bayonet mount instead of a screw thread.

can't reply to the question (but please film it when you do it just in case, and don't do beetroot would be my advice) but when did drinking out of a weird shaped jam jar, with a horrible lip and clunky handle become preferable to using the a superior glass/tumbler/cup etc ?

• Upvote 1

Oh I agree with you, I hate getting served a drink in something like that at a restaurant. There's no valid reason for a preserve jar to come with an attached handle. If it saved me from washing another vessel, I would drink out of one though. I could even screw the lid on tight and bring it to work in the morning as my breakfast.

Can see the appeal of one less thing to wash up - I have a Ninja thing that does exactly this in the kit it came with, you get several different cups that go upside down on the blade bit, then you just remove the blade and put a drinking lid on that comes with it.

Mine is a lot more basic than this but the pic shows the idea with the cups

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Ninja-BL682UK2-1500W-Processor-Auto-iQ/dp/B01M74JVHE/ref=sr_1_20?keywords=ninja+blender&qid=1575126071&sr=8-20