Jump to content
rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Gambit

Crisis on infinite Earths - We're in the Endgame now..

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Hexx said:

I think it'll be "cliffhanger" territory. (Probably the heroes lose.) And then the 2 hour finale will be the Endgame/fixing it.

 

I think episode 2 is more important than you

 

 

  Hide contents

It introduced the concept of Paragons. It identified 2 of them and the some more. Quite big

 

 

Yeah, that whole concept felt like filler to me.  We shall see.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welling turns up on Earth 167.  is 167 a reference to something?  At first I thought it was the number of Smallville episodes but it actually produced way more than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something’s missing. There’s not enough playful banter and quizzical looks. I guess it’s all there, but I’m just not feeling it as much as in previous crossovers. I know tonally this year is inherently darker than most, but I can’t shake the feeling that I was still having loads of fun watching a Nazi invasion.

 

Hopefully we’ll get plenty of Kara and Barry bouncing off one another at some point in the remaining episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, makkuwata said:

Something’s missing. There’s not enough playful banter and quizzical looks. I guess it’s all there, but I’m just not feeling it as much as in previous crossovers. I know tonally this year is inherently darker than most, but I can’t shake the feeling that I was still having loads of fun watching a Nazi invasion.

 

Hopefully we’ll get plenty of Kara and Barry bouncing off one another at some point in the remaining episodes.

 

Have you seen episode 2? There was more in there - but yeah Episode 1 was pretty straight faced. Even Sara's not been a flirt machine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out this weeks Black Lightning ties directly into this too. I knew the character was going to be brought over to Crisis, but it didn't look like the show itself was going to be involved. But it got it's own multiverse story and red sky this week thanks to the events of Crisis, but not a full-blown crossover of other shows characters into Black Ligntning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody love me Kevin Conroys voice! Not enough Welling though for my liking. I did enjoy the limited banter we got between Kate and Kara, makes me think the problem I have with her character and acting in Batwoman is mainly down to the writing.

 

The only guest star I think we've been made aware of yet to come is, aside from Black Lightning, is Birds of Preys huntress right? I wonder if there's more in the last two parts next year because it would be a shame if they've toploaded the first few episodes with all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gambit said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Bloody love me Kevin Conroys voice! Not enough Welling though for my liking. I did enjoy the limited banter we got between Kate and Kara, makes me think the problem I have with her character and acting in Batwoman is mainly down to the writing.

 

 

The only guest star I think we've been made aware of yet to come is, aside from Black Lightning, is Birds of Preys huntress right? I wonder if there's more in the last two parts next year because it would be a shame if they've toploaded the first few episodes with all of them.

 

Yeah - but they've dropped hints there's some they've kept secret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gambit said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Bloody love me Kevin Conroys voice! Not enough Welling though for my liking. I did enjoy the limited banter we got between Kate and Kara, makes me think the problem I have with her character and acting in Batwoman is mainly down to the writing.

 

 

The only guest star I think we've been made aware of yet to come is, aside from Black Lightning, is Birds of Preys huntress right? I wonder if there's more in the last two parts next year because it would be a shame if they've toploaded the first few episodes with all of them.

 

I actually liked

Spoiler

Evil Batman. Straight up lost his way Batman is surprisingly rare, and Conroy is so intwined with the character it really helped pull it off. 

 

Shame Conroy wasn't a Batman Beyond style adviser though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit, I thought the third part was a bit of a damp squib. 

 

This crossover started off very strongly in hour 1 and seems to be losing focus and becoming increasingly fragmented as the episodes go on. In episode three we had, I think 5 or 6 plots all happening throughout the episode and none of them were really given much time to breathe. It doesn't help that everyone is off doing their own thing so the plots feel very disconnected from each other. 

 

The end is far from a fantastic cliffhanger (it is serviceable) and as such maybe the month long gap is a hindrance rather than a help.  I don't know if the wrote it in mind with the scheduling or if this was decided afterwards, at the moment it does not feel like it has built up to a climax worthy of a big gap. It rather feels just like standard episode 3 of 5, not the concluding entry of the first bulk of episodes.  

 

So far this crossover has got worse with each episode. As with the Supergirl instalment (although that made sense in the context of the events kicking off on Earth 38), you can also tell that this is the 'Flash' episode since suddenly the Flash crew appear for no real reason. Batwoman's hour did it well by feeling like a legit mini event and not 'guest stars visit Catwoman's show for an hour this week'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hilariously nonsensical ending..

 

Lex putting a cross through a paragon symbol and writing his name in black marker, like he was correcting a mistake on a form. Doesn’t make him look like an evil genius, just makes their universe look like it has no fucking logic whatsoever.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Or something.

 

My feelings haven't changed with the third episode. It's technically ticking most of the boxes and providing heaps of fan service, but there's no pov character to be excited for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

They should have left Ollie properly dead for the time being. It has been a unnecessary subplot for these past two episodes, it has taken away something from his pretty good death in episode 1 and whatever way he is going to be involved going forwards I sure could have been achieved without the nonsense we've had for the past two episodes.  

 

I guess we will see. 

 

What is S/M/C?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gambit said:

 

  Hide contents

Thanks for turning up Ashley Judd!

:lol:

 

 

Spoiler

They even got Dina Meyer vocally reprising her role as Oracle.. For all of two lines.. 

 

Your have thought they'd have included BoP's Black Canary too.. especially considering she's now 'Alice' on Batgirl.. 

 

I'm also totally onboard for a future Constantine and Lucifer episode!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The loophole in the prophecy then -

 

The Flash must die, but it's not specified which one. But, haven't an infinite number of Flashes already died in the antimatter wave? So how is that one any different to all the others? What's the big deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I watched this today, despite never having seen an episode of Arrow, or any of the other shows that this is a tie in to, except I think the first few episodes of Supergirl. I thought it might be confusing, but there was so much exposition that there was no danger of that. I watched the three available episodes, which were alright I guess. Batwoman was super cool, but the CGI monsters were rubbish. I mainly watched it for Welling’s bit, which was pleasantly nostalgic, and I enjoyed Routh as well. It could’ve used a cameo or two from some notable movie people, but I get why that’s not possible. 
 

Do we have any guesses or clues as to who else might show up? I see that Dean Cain is possible because he’s been in them before, but is an NRA nutjob so maybe not a great choice. I’m trying to think of more DC actors who might feasibly show up, I guess maybe Linda Carter? Maybe Michael Keaton? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure Michael Keaton is realistic on the budget. Lynda Carter could be possible. She already had a few appearances in Supergirl as the US President, now forced from the job.

 

They got a billboard for the HBO Watchmen in there too

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what’s really interesting is seeing a DC multiverse with the most obvious characters largely absent. The idea of a DC multiverse crossover that isn’t stuffed with Batmans, Wonder Womans, Green Lanterns and Aquamans is quite weird in comparison to the comics, but TV budgets mean that we have a really weird, sidekick and superman heavy multiverse. I assume there’s a Batman in Titans world? I don’t think I’ve ever read a DC team up story where Batman isn’t present. There’s some great characters who have clearly been allowed to take center stage in these shows which is super cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Broker said:

 I assume there’s a Batman in Titans world?

 

 

Mentioned during S1  (and seen but not cast in glimps)


Iain Glenn plays a recurring older Bruce Wayne in season 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2019 at 09:56, Broker said:

I think what’s really interesting is seeing a DC multiverse with the most obvious characters largely absent. The idea of a DC multiverse crossover that isn’t stuffed with Batmans, Wonder Womans, Green Lanterns and Aquamans is quite weird in comparison to the comics, but TV budgets mean that we have a really weird, sidekick and superman heavy multiverse. I assume there’s a Batman in Titans world? I don’t think I’ve ever read a DC team up story where Batman isn’t present. There’s some great characters who have clearly been allowed to take center stage in these shows which is super cool.

 

Well, technically Batman wasn't in Blackest Night. But then, that was the whole point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the break wasn't so much "Infinity War"/"Endgame" as it was - momentum killing

 

But tomorrow the final two parts. Here's a terrible trailer

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hexx said:

Yeah the break wasn't so much "Infinity War"/"Endgame" as it was - momentum killing

 

I think the problem was, the crossover got worse with each of the episodes.

 

And by wiping out literally everything you know there is going to be some form of reversal.  Had a few earths been kept going then you might have wondered if they really were intending to reduce the Arrowverse to a single Earth. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, McCoy said:

 

I think the problem was, the crossover got worse with each of the episodes.

 

 

  Hide contents

And by wiping out literally everything you know there is going to be some form of reversal.  Had a few earths been kept going then you might have wondered if they really were intending to reduce the Arrowverse to a single Earth. 

 

 

 

True - I also think they mucked up by not having Oliver "Dead and Done" and the attempts at his resurrection (and likely new role) detracted from story/ongoing threat

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.