rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Gambit

Crisis on infinite Earths - We're in the Endgame now..

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I'd say there's a good chance of it being self-contained enough to get by. And The Flash is probably the one with the most tie-in in the run up and you've seen that already. The others have little or nothing by comparison.

Huh, id go a different way and say that arrow s8 has been entirely build up to this.

Dunno how its starting with supergirl and batwoman, when they have had the least connection to it...but there ya go...

Dates (US) for it are -

Part 1: Supergirl December 8, 2019

Part 2: Batwoman December 9, 2019

Part 3: The Flash December 10, 2019

Part 4: Arrow January 14, 2020

Part 5: Legends of Tomorrow January 14, 2020

So, monday watching then!

Yeah I'd watch this season of Arrow to be honest. It's a shorter season than the usual 22 episode arc and the entire story is built around The Monitor getting Oliver ready for the coming Crisis. 

It's actually been really good this season too which is a bonus. 

They've said that there are still cameos that haven't been announced yet.

I'm going to guess we're going to see Justin Hartleys Smallville version of the Green Arrow.

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

They've said that there are still cameos that haven't been announced yet.

I'm going to guess we're going to see Justin Hartleys Smallville version of the Green Arrow.

I actually prefer Hartley 

1 hour ago, McCoy said:

I would put it past them to have Cain make an appearance as his Superman. 

That would be very confusing for Supergirl.  "You look like my foster dad but you're my cousin and Superman?" :huh:

3 hours ago, McCoy said:

I would put it past them to have Cain make an appearance as his Superman. 

He's a board member of the NRA terrorist organisation so if that happens I'll be officially done with all these shows. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, monkeydog said:

That would be very confusing for Supergirl.  "You look like my foster dad but you're my cousin and Superman?" :huh:

True but didn't Durance appear as someone on Supergirl? She's in this with Welling. 

15 minutes ago, Gambit said:

He's a board member of the NRA terrorist organisation so if that happens I'll be officially done with all these shows. 

Well, as above, he has already appeared on these shows... 

Part 1 was great. Exactly what was expected and you can see them pushing right up against a CW budget.

Danny Elfman's theme

:wub: 

Didn't see Ollie's death coming so soon.

The detour to pick up a Jon from Old Man Ollie seemed superfluous so might come into play?

Lena's "are you fucking kidding me" after being begged to help save the populations was great

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Part 1 was great. Exactly what was expected and you can see them pushing right up against a CW budget.

Hide contents

Danny Elfman's theme

:wub: 

Didn't see Ollie's death coming so soon.

The detour to pick up a Jon from Old Man Ollie seemed superfluous so might come into play?

Lena's "are you fucking kidding me" after being begged to help save the populations was great

Agreed, it was a good start to the crossover event.

Agree that Old Man Ollie seems to be too convenient a set up not to pay off later, particularly with the death of our Ollie. 

Do we really think that this is the end of our Ollie?  4 episodes left of the crossover and 2 more Arrow eps left? I think the penultimate Arrow episode deals with a spin off set up so whilst I can't see us not getting 'our' Ollie back in some form, the real question is will it happen during the crossover or during the Arrow season finale? 

9 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Get a trial of a VPN and watch them all on cwtv.com it's free, uBlock Origin blocks the ads and the quality is good.

Can this be done on an android phone or do I need a laptop? 

11 minutes ago, McCoy said:

Agreed, it was a good start to the crossover event.

Hide contents

Agree that Old Man Ollie seems to be too convenient a set up not to pay off later, particularly with the death of our Ollie. 

Do we really think that this is the end of our Ollie?  4 episodes left of the crossover and 2 more Arrow eps left? I think the penultimate Arrow episode deals with a spin off set up so I can't see us not getting 'our' Ollie back in some form, the real question is will it happen during the crossover or during the Arrow season finale? 

They've got to undo a fair bit of stuff. I can't see the Earth-38 destruction and population relocation staying. 

MAYBE they'll fold everything back into an "Earth Prime" but the current situation won't be the new status quo. So maybe then?

I don't think we'll see "our" Ollie before next year, if at all.

40 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Reveal hidden contents

They've got to undo a fair bit of stuff. I can't see the Earth-38 destruction and population relocation staying. 

MAYBE they'll fold everything back into an "Earth Prime" but the current situation won't be the new status quo. So maybe then?

I don't think we'll see "our" Ollie before next year, if at all.

With the Arrow part of the crossover due next year I think you're likely to be right re timings. 

I do expect to see our Ollie back though, they built up the death so much that the only way to subvert expectations would be for it not to happen in some form. 

Burt Wards voice is exactly the same and honestly it freaked me out.

:lol: Who was the guy sitting down during Batman 89 bit? It's been ages since I've seen the movie so thought it might be a character from the film..

2 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Hide contents

:lol: Who was the guy sitting down during Batman 89 bit? It's been ages since I've seen the movie so thought it might be a character from the film..

Robert Wuhl - the male reporter from Batman 89

5 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Alexander Knox, reporter for Gotham Globe. Maybe not the most famous character from the movie.

q1hG0h5.png

His first scene in the film is aggressively sexually harassing a new female member of staff, played for laughs.

Some elements of that film have not aged well.

I nearly choked on my tea when Oliver said to Barry ‘You are the best of us.’ Ollie, mate, I know you’re probably finding it difficult to think clearly, but the bloke’s a gormless disaster. 

• Upvote 2

Episode 2 was alright, enjoyable but didn't really progress the Crisis storyline very much. Very much a filler episode but with enough enjoyable filler to make it worthwhile.

Was surprised we got a version of our Ollie back so soon.  I thought they would rest that character for a while, at least until next year.  Although clearly the resurrection has got some kinks in it. Still they kept Amell's appearances to a minimum so it did not totally overshadow episode 1.  I saw his name pop up in the opening credits and quickly put my thumb over that section to avoid any more surprises big revealed. 

Welling was back! Not really what I expected although I never thought he would have a big role to play or that we would see him in the suit. Not sure how I feel about the decision to essentially depower and retire him - in some ways I can see it is true to his Smallville character but in other ways I really don't think that this is the ending his Smallville arc was leading up to. I'm on the fence but his two scenes were enjoyable and it is nice that if this is the last we see of him he was given a happy ending. I don't really think we will see Welling again but it is always possible he might pop up as a surprise at the climax of Crisis. 

Great fun with the Waverider, Snart as the AI and alternative writer Rory. What is going on with the Monitor/Anti Monitor?  Still not sure there is not another shoe to drop regarding that character(s). Thought we would see more of Wells/Pariah, popped up at the end of last episode and then disappeared again. Roath as Superman was good, not sure that version of the costume was very flattering though! Batman was fine, I've never watched Batwoman so not sure I was that invested. Was a nice twist to have him crazy and murdery though. Lex was fine, as with a lot of the episode it is hard to judge without seeing how it all plays out.  Seemed like a lot of ideas were thrown into the episode and not sure how many of them are important or will be intricate to other episodes. 

Other than that, not much really happened and we're effectively back where we were at the end of episode 1, albeit with an extra crazy Oliver. If Sky really do not show the Batwoman episode at least UK viewers will not be missing too much in terms of story. 

Crisis Part 2 - not quite a good as everyone's doing their own things so feels a little disjointed. Excellent guest stars though and glad it tied into BW's ongoing story a bit.

Non-Yahhh UK viewers are absolutely fucked.

54 minutes ago, McCoy said:

Hide contents

Was surprised we got a version of our Ollie back so soon.  I thought they would rest that character for a while, at least until next year.  Although clearly the resurrection has got some kinks in it. Still they kept Amell's appearances to a minimum so it did not totally overshadow episode 1.  I saw his name pop up in the opening credits and quickly put my thumb over that section to avoid any more surprises big revealed. 

Welling was back! Not really what I expected although I never thought he would have a big role to play or that we would see him in the suit. Not sure how I feel about the decision to essentially depower and retire him - in some ways I can see it is true to his Smallville character but in other ways I really don't think that this is the ending his Smallville arc was leading up to. I'm on the fence but his two scenes were enjoyable and it is nice that if this is the last we see of him he was given a happy ending. I don't really think we will see Welling again but it is always possible he might pop up as a surprise at the climax of Crisis. 

Great fun with the Waverider, Snart as the AI and alternative writer Rory. What is going on with the Monitor/Anti Monitor?  Still not sure there is not another shoe to drop regarding that character(s). Thought we would see more of Wells/Pariah, popped up at the end of last episode and then disappeared again. Roath as Superman was good, not sure that version of the costume was very flattering though! Batman was fine, I've never watched Batwoman so not sure I was that invested. Was a nice twist to have him crazy and murdery though. Lex was fine, as with a lot of the episode it is hard to judge without seeing how it all plays out.  Seemed like a lot of ideas were thrown into the episode and not sure how many of them are important or will be intricate to other episodes. 

Other than that, not much really happened and we're effectively back where we were at the end of episode 1, albeit with an extra crazy Oliver. If Sky really do not show the Batwoman episode at least UK viewers will not be missing too much in terms of story. 

Kara thought it was flattering

;)

I didn't mind the Welling depower. It kinda fits as a lot of Smallville was about wanting a normal life, and he'd beaten Lex, Darkside, Zod etc...and set up a league. A "retirement" isn't unreasonable. And I liked his bored/brush off responses to petty Lex.

I liked the Waverider from another Earth as Sara had promised hers "no more crossovers" :D

As you say there's pay off to come - Kara wanting to use the book and Kate having Kryptonite has to pay off somewhere.

Given Wells was the star of the hook scene that appears in all the episodes before Crisis it's amazing how little he's appeared

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Crisis Part 2 - not quite a good as everyone's doing their own things so feels a little disjointed. Excellent guest stars though and glad it tied into BW's ongoing story a bit.

Non-Yahhh UK viewers are absolutely fucked.

Hide contents

Kara thought it was flattering

;)

I didn't mind the Welling depower. It kinda fits as a lot of Smallville was about wanting a normal life, and he'd beaten Lex, Darkside, Zod etc...and set up a league. A "retirement" isn't unreasonable. And I liked his bored/brush off responses to petty Lex.

I liked the Waverider from another Earth as Sara had promised hers "no more crossovers" :D

As you say there's pay off to come - Kara wanting to use the book and Kate having Kryptonite has to pay off somewhere.

Given Wells was the star of the hook scene that appears in all the episodes before Crisis it's amazing how little he's appeared

Is the month break going to help or hinder Crisis?  I've been enjoying watching the story on my way into work, you fear that by stopping with episode 3 that it might lose the momentum that have carried the previous crossovers.  I'm expecting something fairly big to end episode 3 and then 4 and 5 are being shown as a double bill on the same night. 

Yeah, whilst episode 2 does at the moment seem a bit of filler, it will still be very jarring if Sky show the other 4 episodes and not this one. As a subscriber to Sky it is a pity they are not making any efforts to put the episodes they do own up as legit downloads for UK viewers before they officially air them in January. 

I think it'll be "cliffhanger" territory. (Probably the heroes lose.) And then the 2 hour finale will be the Endgame/fixing it.

I think episode 2 is more important than you

It introduced the concept of Paragons. It identified 2 of them and the some more. Quite big