rllmuk
mansizerooster

Resident Evil 3 remake (no spoilers please!)

2 hours ago, Popo said:

Did anyone solve the puzzle to open the safe?

I thought those paintings were conspicuous but my thought process didn’t get much farther. 

Spoiler

There's a note next to the safe referring to "the secret being safe with My Aqua Queen" (or something like that), and if you go downstairs into the pharmacy there's an Aqua Queen ad on the wall that has certain digits of the phone number circled.

• Upvote 5

Thanks, better play for a third time just to check that out!

• Upvote 1

This demo is absolute dynamite.

Am I right in thinking that they've taken quite a large departure in terms of level design from the original, though? Like, much more-so than they did with Resi2 remake?

• Upvote 2

Fantastic demo. I think I prefer it to 2 mechanically, love the dodge. Level design seems nice as well, lots of buildings you can enter and stuff you can find.

I've played 2 Remake on the PS4 Pro and this on PC with every setting whacked to max and damn, it's an incredible looking game. The contrast between the inky blacks and the bright colours of the neon signs is superb. It's a huge step up but I haven't played 2 Remake on PC so I can't compare it to that.

RE Engine really is a marvel. Capcom's games will look incredible on Series X and PS5.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

Also, is anyone getting Natalie Portman vibes from Jill's character model?

No question in my mind that she was the basis for the art direction of the character (even if they may have cast a lookalike in the end for photogrammetry purposes, idk).

7 hours ago, Vemsie said:

The contrast between the inky blacks and the bright colours of the neon signs is superb.

Yeah I think they've sorted out the overly bright look of dark spaces as appeared in RE2. Taken on the feedback nicely.

11 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

Also, is anyone getting Natalie Portman vibes from Jill's character model?

She looks more like Ronan Farrow.

1ED6409C-EB6F-463B-9180-7F64D22135B4.jpeg

Digital Foundry have run tests on the different machines performance of the demo with some surprising results.

One X pushes more pixels but PS4Pro is by far the smoothest, with the Pro hitting 60fps to the high 50’s and One X dropping to the forties during gameplay, and even 30’s in cut-scenes. The cause serms to be the increased pixels and gubbins they’re making the One X do.

Thinking to cancel my Xbox copy and get it on Pro instead now.  Except now all the prices have gone up. :angry:

• Upvote 1

This is why I'll always struggle to go fully digital - I'd be at the mercies of the PS store pricing, and never be able to take advantage of cheap retailers like shopTo.

I just finished a very quick play-through of PS1 Resi 3. It'll be fresh in my mind for when this hits.

• Upvote 1

I pre ordered this from Smyths to pick up in-store to get a fiver off. It'll probably still be shut so I'll cancel and go with ShopTo. Thanks for the heads up!

The demo of this is brilliant. The aiming seems rather sensitive though. Maybe that’s the point. Either way Big Nemmy wasn’t the most nimble of cats in the original, this time he’s like Sonic the bastard Hedgehog! I love it, and I dread meeting the huge swine at every turn. 

Just like the RE2 remake I imagine I will love playing the game and hate playing it (due to constant nervousness) in equal measure. 

• Upvote 2

Played the demo on X and while good the performance is really bad and jarring. 

RE2 was sublime for performance so wondering why this is so bad.

Won't be buying it for some time anyway but I hope they sort out these frame rate issues in the future. 

In light of all that’s going on in the world I’ve decided to take the week off once this is release; escape from the world of isolation horror and immerse myself in the world of survival horror. 

• Upvote 2

Ordered through thegamecollectionoutlet on ebay and it's been dispatched today? Maybe they are sending early in case royal mail limit services? 

21 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

I pre ordered this from Smyths to pick up in-store to get a fiver off. It'll probably still be shut so I'll cancel and go with ShopTo. Thanks for the heads up!

I decided to spend the extra and go digital on the One X. I had £36 on my account anyway. That way I'm guaranteed to have it at midnight on the third.

Well I downloaded the Resistance beta (Xbox) and couldn’t get a game at all. It wouldn’t load anything other than an error message. The intro vid was good though. It seems you play either a trapped teen or Dr Claw from Inspector Gadget. 

I may try again later tonight if any one fancies giving it a go. (jimmbob)

On 25/03/2020 at 19:43, Down by Law said:

Ordered through thegamecollectionoutlet on ebay and it's been dispatched today? Maybe they are sending early in case royal mail limit services? 

Did the same yesterday and just had an email saying that the game has been posted. Hoping for delivery tomorrow.

@Down by Law has yours arrived yet?

5 hours ago, jimmbob said:

Well I downloaded the Resistance beta (Xbox) and couldn’t get a game at all. It wouldn’t load anything other than an error message. The intro vid was good though. It seems you play either a trapped teen or Dr Claw from Inspector Gadget. 

I may try again later tonight if any one fancies giving it a go. (jimmbob)

I managed to get through the tutorials a few hours ago, but when it came to actually getting a game the matchmaking couldn't find anyone. Hopefully it just wasn't busy yet, as opposed to a technical fault.

• Upvote 1

I think the servers were in no way prepared for Corona virus levels of players and just keeled over. America didn’t last long either, from all accounts on Reddit. All I could get was a ‘not available’ message on repeated tries last night. 

ShopTo have it for £38 but only on PS4. Xbox version is sold out.

• Empathy 1

37 minutes ago, pledge said:

Isn't that the expected price, if you are talking download?

The disc on Amazon is £50 too. I’m sure I got Resi 2 from Argos for £37 on release.

edit - checked my email and I did