Resident Evil 3 remake (no spoilers please!)

I'd love a remake if code: veronica far more than nemesis, it's properly silly and the daft twist was actually quite good at the time. 

Also had that first incarnation I'd played of the mercenaries type thing, finishing that with wesker using only the knife is still up there on lifetime game achievements so I'd be interested to see if my old man reactions would just collapse if I tried now. 

3 is important for a number of reasons, it introduced Mercenaries for a start. The absence of any similar score attack mode in the Resi 2 remake meant I was done with it pretty quickly. In contrast Resi Revelations 2 is my most played game of this generation simply because of my addiction to Raid Mode. 3 was also he first one way more gun fetish focussed, a trait which would be raped up with each subsequent episode until 7.

3 also tried out a rather nifty dodge move that I think also made an appearance in Code Veronica only to disappear without trace.

• 2 weeks later...

Cover art has leaked then! It's definitely coming.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-12-03-resident-evil-3-remake-cover-art-leaks-ahead-of-official-announcement

I only played it once and my overriding memory was I enjoyed it but felt anxious the whole time about the arrival of Nemesis. With how that was handled using Mr. X in the recent 2 remake this is going to be incredibly tense.

The angle on that last one makes Nemesis look like a startled rabbit.

I'm well up for this, and it's reminded me I need to play my DC copy of RE3. I was binging on the series a few months ago, playing through Deadly Silence (an astonishing remake, btw) multiple times before moving onto RE2 (PS1) and doing the same. I was a bit too burnt out to leap straight into RE3 and CV at the time, but I really want to do it soon, since they're the two main-series entries I haven't played through. My memory is terrible - most of Leon B felt new to me - so it's been really nice to (re-)discover that the writing in these games is surprisingly good, or at least better than I would have expected, and that they're genuinely really effective at doing horror. 

4 hours ago, df0 said:

How does he smell?

Throughout those immense teeth? :P

Anyway I do not remember the nose, it humanizes the Nemesis and I do not think it is an appropriate way of depicting the Terror himself.

Mind you, we won’t have that much time to keep staring at its nose btw...

I can't remember much about the original...but did you get some kind of weird noise/signal that Mr Handsome was about to jump out of nowhere and absolutey scare actual shit out of your anus? Or was it a complete surprise?

Asking for a friend.

I'm currently balls-deep into my first play-through of ReMake, and just got Re2Make on sale with a view to tanning it right after. So this coming out soon would be cracking.

BTW the original PS1 versions are still great and the remakes don't render them obsolete in the slightest. They have an atmosphere that quite simply can't be touched.

59 minutes ago, Das said:

I can't remember much about the original...but did you get some kind of weird noise/signal that Mr Handsome was about to jump out of nowhere and absolutey scare actual shit out of your anus? Or was it a complete surprise?

Asking for a friend.

Generally you’d hear a door and he’d growl ‘Starrrrrzzz’

By my calculation it was about three and a half years between announcement and release of Resident Evil 2 (2019). We haven’t quite had the announcement, since this is a leak, but the engine and much of the map and assets are already built, so I’d guess a year and a half from now, plus slippage, so September 2021? Sounds reasonable. 

Amazing news, RE2 remake was immense - and this is going to rock!

I'll quite happily play continuous remakes of RE 1,2,3 and 4 till i die (and also even 5, 6 and 7 when they happen in 10 years time). :)

In fact yet ANOTHER remake of RE1 using RE2 engine? Yes please, just hook it to my veins...

21 hours ago, vladtepess said:

But why the nose on the Nemesis?

I like what they've done with the Nemesis in this sense. The design seems to be aiming for something a bit less straightforwardly 'badass', and really communicates the excruciating distortions involved in its creation. It feels familiar and wrong in a way that's potentially even more frightening.