Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

11 hours ago, Simmy said:

Yep I'm so annoyed to the point I kinda want a refund!

I know it's a bit reactionary but I bought it at the start of 10 days off and the last 3-4 days I've given up cause it's running at what feels 25fps at times.

I'm so frustrated by it! This was meant to be my lockdown saviour (nothing is really open in Berlin) and I spunked €75 on this game but it's unplayable at the moment.

So disappointed!

What i don’t get is the first time I played the campaign it was silky smooth 60fps with RT and I did a few missions fine until the first crash, last time I tried the campaign it felt like it was struggling to hit 30fps and after a few quits it was better but not as good as the first time I played!

MP seems fine with RT off so I’ve been playing lots of Nuketown but I would like to actually play the campaign as it seems very good and I generally don’t bother with them so typical the time I do it’s flaky as fuck :( 

3 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

What i don’t get is the first time I played the campaign it was silky smooth 60fps with RT and I did a few missions fine until the first crash, last time I tried the campaign it felt like it was struggling to hit 30fps and after a few quits it was better but not as good as the first time I played!

MP seems fine with RT off so I’ve been playing lots of Nuketown but I would like to actually play the campaign as it seems very good and I generally don’t bother with them so typical the time I do it’s flaky as fuck :( 

Same here! First few days was impressive! Silky smooth as you say.

It seems to have been that 14gb patch that's caused it for me.

2 hours ago, Marlew said:

Dunno if I'm missing a gag but 120fps currently working on PS5. 

Just jesting, but for the last few gens they promised 60fps and it hardly happened. This new gen is making some bold claims about 120fps, in which probably 99% of games won't actually get there with any quality.

22 hours ago, Alshie said:

Just tried to have another go of the campaign just now.

Got about 5 minutes in, screen freezes, makes a horrendous buzzing noise and the Xbox shut down completely.

I had that on a Cuba mission. Turned off ray tracing from the front menu before loading the save and then it worked fine, although the frame rate was pretty bad.

I hope whoever designed the Final Countdown mission has spent the weeks after release thinking hard about what they've done. Although going by the state of the rest of the game it's probably just broken or bugged.

Shit/ten.

It’s unfortunate that more haven’t experienced the ‘other’ ending where you

Spoiler

kill the main cast one by one and then nuke Western Europe.

I’m still recovering.

As for the MP, it might sound like hyperbole and contrary to everything we know about the development of the game, not to mention excusing various bugs I’ve encountered, but it’s kind of the most fun I’ve had since the MW2 glory days. I love the fact that snipers are constantly calling me a ‘fucking cunt’ in the death chat in this. Music to my ears. All hail the AUG.

Not enough maps? It has Nuketown. It has enough maps.

23 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

It’s unfortunate that more haven’t experienced the ‘other’ ending where you

Reveal hidden contents

kill the main cast one by one and then nuke Western Europe.

I’m still recovering.

I read this and had to see it for myself. It's a much more interesting ending and I hope this is the one they choose to continue with going forward. So much more satisfying than the lame "good" ending that doesn't really move anything anywhere.

On 01/12/2020 at 10:41, SweatyTravolta said:

I had that on a Cuba mission. Turned off ray tracing from the front menu before loading the save and then it worked fine, although the frame rate was pretty bad.

I hope whoever designed the Final Countdown mission has spent the weeks after release thinking hard about what they've done. Although going by the state of the rest of the game it's probably just broken or bugged.

Shit/ten.

This worked for me today!

Turned off ray tracing and it's working perfectly, frame rate is fine also.

Bit pissed I need to disable the next gen feature to get it to work but just want to finish the campaign now.

I starten getting UI errors yesterday. Popped up a message on screen every 2 minutes or so. Seemed to always appear when I died. Super annoying and I have never seen that before.

This and the low fps bugg.. Never had a CoD this buggy on a console before.

9 hours ago, Pug said:

Do I still need Warzone installed if I have Cold War or is the Warzone menu option on Cold War just a shortcut to the separate game?

On series x it’s a separate install and just a shortcut in Cold War, I found out the idiots way having deleted war zone....