Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

4 minutes ago, Pockets said:

I don’t even really like CoD games but I’ve spent the last three years in an East German Len Deighton and Stasi based German crime novel rabbit hole so, you know, I was the demographic. 

If you’ve not seen it, track down the Counterpart tv show. 

2 hours ago, Vespa Alex said:

If you’ve not seen it, track down the Counterpart tv show. 

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that but it was on that weird Starz channel so I don’t think I got round to it. Will have another look, cheers. 

Just watched a trailer. I did watch it. Dunno if I saw both seasons though. Can’t remember much. 

11 hours ago, JamesTW said:

They add more guns right? theres only 3 LMGs....I play Heavy Support in BFV and they have about 12!

Don't bother with the LMGs in this would be my suggestion. You will be so slow and outgunned in every situation and at every range. Did some games yesterday using the M60 but the recoil compared to a Assault rifle or an SMG is just bonkers. The ADS speed is also like 3 times any gun in those classes.

Weapon balance, lack of maps and the spawns are probably my top three issues right now. The gunplay is good, but unless you run like one of three guns you are putting yourself in such a disadvantaged that the game just becomes frustrating. In most other CoDs I could get most guns to work by adapting the play style but not in this one.

No, unless it says it's the more expensive cross-gen bundle version then you'll be buying the last gen version. It'll work via backwards compatibility but won't have ray tracing and whatnot. It's the same on Xbox because Activision are money grubbing bastards and didn't sign up to smart delivery.

10 minutes ago, Harsin said:

No, unless it says it's the more expensive cross-gen bundle version then you'll be buying the last gen version. It'll work via backwards compatibility but won't have ray tracing and whatnot. It's the same on Xbox because Activision are money grubbing bastards and didn't sign up to smart delivery.

oh right the box says series x 

does buying the cross gen give you two copies ? So I could sell or give my mate the PS4 version ?

57 minutes ago, denisb said:

oh right the box says series x 

does buying the cross gen give you two copies ? So I could sell or give my mate the PS4 version ?

Looking at Activision's website, it seems only the big standard version is available physically. If you want the 'cross gen bundle' you have to buy it digitally or pay an upgrade fee if you already have it on disc.

When I bought it digitally it downloaded both versions - PS4 and PS5. Thanks for making me download an unneeded 100gb Activision!

30 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Looking at Activision's website, it seems only the big standard version is available physically. If you want the 'cross gen bundle' you have to buy it digitally or pay an upgrade fee if you already have it on disc.

When I bought it digitally it downloaded both versions - PS4 and PS5. Thanks for making me download an unneeded 100gb Activision!

Sony desperately need to fix this shit.

I must be playing a completely different game @IainGamer

In my experience, Cold War is way less campy than Modern Warfare.  FFA is my game of choice and for MW, I mainly found that people used to basically camp in one room or area with usually a shotgun and two claymores protecting them.  People in Cold War are definitely running around a lot more as the footsteps are way lower and Ninja/Dead Silence is an actual perk.

My biggest problem with this game is Skill Based Matchmaking to be honest.  The better you do, the worse you end up doing as the game starts pitting you against the biggest sweats possible.  It's like the developers don't want you to go above a 1-1.5 K/D. 

Even pros like Scump are struggling.

Um... Is anyone else having really bad issues in this? Like flickering textures, micro-freezes, textures flipping between low quality and HD?

It wasn't like this on day 1 but I'm actually struggling to play this now because of it.

Series X if that helps. Anyone else having serious issues?

18 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Um... Is anyone else having really bad issues in this? Like flickering textures, micro-freezes, textures flipping between low quality and HD?

It wasn't like this on day 1 but I'm actually struggling to play this now because of it.

Yes the same exact problems. I have had a few freezes that shut my Series x down too. Has yours shut down at all when playing? 

8 minutes ago, Jonnycash said:

Yes the same exact problems. I have had a few freezes that shut my Series x down too. Has yours shut down at all when playing? 

Crashed to the Xbox home screen. It's so weird.

I'm also getting sub 30fps for entire multiplayer matches to the point I'm getting motion sickness.

Was smooth as hell on day one but I'm genuinely struggling to play it at the moment and dunno what's up - if it's just me getting this or if it's a known problem.

9 hours ago, Simmy said:

Yep, repeated crashes in campaign since the patch on Series X. It’s got to the point where it’s completely unplayable now; I get jerky graphics then the whole system either locks up or forces a power off. 

I bought this today so it’s guaranteed to be on offer on Friday....

Anyone having weird issues when it’s running, I haven’t even started the campaign yet but was moving the war zone from external to internal and checking it was loading ok still when it just seemed to stop inputs working on the Xbox menus - had to power off the machine in the end!?

35 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I bought this today so it’s guaranteed to be on offer on Friday....

Anyone having weird issues when it’s running, I haven’t even started the campaign yet but was moving the war zone from external to internal and checking it was loading ok still when it just seemed to stop inputs working on the Xbox menus - had to power off the machine in the end!?

Yes it's unplayable at the moment :(