Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Omizzay

Can't seem to find an answer for this elsewhere - I have a Series X but my son still has an Xbone in his room. He wants Cold War, so i was thinking of getting a physical disc version as i game share with my youngest son for digital games.

So if i buy the standard edition of the game will i get the Series X optimised version when it releases? Or if there is a Series X verison will it sill load on the Xbox one... Hope that makes sense. Promised i'd get a copy as he has to isolate for 14 days due to me testing positive for Covid

1 hour ago, zoo said:

Found it - looks like a need the cross gen version, cheeky to have to pay extra for the Xseries version. 

Just how much of a step-up will this version be over the "last-gen" version though. I've not seen anyone crow about the next gen version of this. Slightly more waxy and shiny faces?

I only play MP, never Campaign, so you might see some differences there, but I doubt much in MP

Just now, elmo said:

Am i right in thinking that the version out tomorrow hasn’t got all the next gen stuff in it and that shit is coming later this year?

There are 2 different versions. There's no smart delivery/free upgrade because Activision. AFAIK the next gen version is out tomorrow.

I'm really struggling to decide what format to get it on. Sony has a bunch of exclusive stuff in the PS5 version, but I really don't want to reward them for those shitty practices. I thought XBX version might run marginally better as it’s the most powerful console. But now there's all this gushing about haptic feedback on various games across the web.

I wish there were some comparisons out today to help me decide whether to be playing it tomorrow or wait a week.

40 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I'm really struggling to decide what format to get it on. Sony has a bunch of exclusive stuff in the PS5 version, but I really don't want to reward them for those shitty practices. I thought XBX version might run marginally better as it’s the most powerful console. But now there's all this gushing about haptic feedback on various games across the web.

I wish there were some comparisons out today to help me decide whether to be playing it tomorrow or wait a week.

apparently each gun feels totally unique on the ps5 pad meant to be pretty amazing in use.

3 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

:lol: Amazon aren't even selling it, the games a shitshow, Treyarch got dragged in last minute to salvage what they could after raven and sledgehammer delivered a steaming turd.

Got a link for that? Interested to know more!

10 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Got a link for that? Interested to know more!

I didn't have much time to go hunting but

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/08/12/the-math-doesnt-add-up-for-a-complete-call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-launch-this-fall/?sh=3ce0c9025719

Essentially this years COD wasn't supposed to be Treyarch's game, the COD community are saying this isn't even the game Treyarch started to make going from 3 years to 2, it's literally that they had to save what Sledgehammer had turned out.

33 minutes ago, Dave White said:

This was a pretty good explanation of why it’s terrible. 

Personally (playing the Alpha and Beta on PS4 Pro) I didn't see any players sliding around like in this video. I don't recall issues playing at all.

It's true the sound is very poor though, something I commented on before. As for not hearing footsteps, every little twat is going to be running around like a ninja eventually in complete silence, so what's new? (for me the dumbest perk invented, running around at blistering speed without a sound).

From an investment point of view, it will update with new content for free over the next 12 months, while I blissfully unaware of what a Battle Pack actually is, never mind all those tiers and purple gun bullets.

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

In the video Dave shared he tries to jump behind the counter for cover and can't, and after MW that just seems really weird.

Yeah! I'm often trying to lean in cover too and obviously that's out too.

Really feels weird coming after Modern Warfare which brought me back in to cod after years away.