rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Festoon

Last Christmas

We need to get in on this jukebox nostalgia racket. There's gold in them there hills.

Anyone fancy co-writing a screenplay based around Agadoo with me?

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Rudderless said:

I'll be very surprised if it's NOT what appears to be blindingly obvious from both the trailer and a cursory recall of the song lyrics. 

My wife went to see it tonight with her workmates. She came in and I asked her if I could guess how it panned out. Yep. 

11 hours ago, Harsin said:

We need to get in on this jukebox nostalgia racket. There's gold in them there hills.

Anyone fancy co-writing a screenplay based around Agadoo with me?

Only if ‘pushing pineapple’ is a euphemism for selling massive cannabis buds.

12 hours ago, Rudderless said:

My wife went to see it tonight with her workmates. She came in and I asked her if I could guess how it panned out. Yep. 

The fact that everyone keeps banging on about it based on the damned song is more of a giveaway than the trailer is. This is nowhere near I see dead people levels

I looked this up on Wikipedia For some reason and the entry gives away the plot spoiler in the summary section and let’s just say the twist is of epic cringeworthyness, literally taking a line from a George Michael song and making it the twist. Unfortunately the twist isn’t that it turns out in Club Tropicana drinks are not free and the main protagonist ends up with a hefty bar bill after a hen weekend in Ibiza. 

(I mentioned the real twist to a few friends and every one of them said they would have felt cheated if they’d paid to watch it, seeing as it’s so crap). 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

There is a hushed silence in the court as the judge raises his gavel... INNOCENT! The benches erupt in cheers, Emilia Clark leaps into the arms of a blandly handsome unthreatening man. 'I can finally dance again, my feet now have rhythm!' 

Haha!  Very good!

Actually, it’s a shame that this has flopped because it could have stemmed so much more from the “George Michael song line Cinematic Universe”.

I’ll redo my one.

Club Tropicana. Written by Dame Emma Thompson (Bridget Jones’ Baby) and directed by Paul Feig (Ghostbusters: Answer The Call), Emilia Clark (Terminator Genisys) stars in this female led equivalent of The Hangover, where after a particularly raucous hen weekend at the Club Tropicana, the main protagonist ends up in a series of japes in order to raise enough money for her perceived financially crippling bar bill.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gone fishin' said:

I looked this up on Wikipedia For some reason and the entry gives away the plot spoiler in the summary section and let’s just say the twist is of epic cringeworthyness, literally taking a line from a George Michael song and making it the twist. Unfortunately the twist isn’t that it turns out in Club Tropicana drinks are not free and the main protagonist ends up with a hefty bar bill after a hen weekend in Ibiza. 

(I mentioned the real twist to a few friends and every one of them said they would have felt cheated if they’d paid to watch it, seeing as it’s so crap). 

That's what I meant in the original OP. Isn't it really, really obvious from the trailer that that is the case?

Weirdly, Jesus To A Child would've worked too.

It looks terrible and the reviews are awful but if I watched this on Christmas Eve after I’d eaten a ton of twiglets and half a bottle of gin I’d probably really love it.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, gone fishin' said:

I saw a hospital scene in the trailer... oh, he doesn’t literally do the thing in the song’s chorus, does he?

EDIT: looked it up... fucking hell, it’s even worse than I thought... :lol:

4 hours ago, gone fishin' said:

Club Tropicana. Written by Dame Emma Thompson (Bridget Jones’ Baby) and directed by Paul Feig (Ghostbusters: Answer The Call), Emilia Clark (Terminator Genisys) stars in this female led equivalent of The Hangover, where after a particularly raucous hen weekend at the Club Tropicana, the main protagonist ends up in a series of japes in order to raise enough money for her perceived financially crippling bar bill.

Sounds about as awful as Rough Night actually was!

Wot! Written by Richard Curtis (Love Actually) and directed by Werner Herzog (Aguirre, the Wrath of God). Straight laced US Army Ranger, Captain Raymond Sensible (Chris Pine, Star Trek Into Darkness), is trying to enjoy some well earned leave after returning from Afghanistan. However he keeps being woken up by the sound of a nearby free spirited construction worker (Jennifer Lawrence, X-Men First Class). After an initial confrontation, an unlikely romance blossoms between the mismatched pair. Also starring Nicolas Cage (Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance) as Adam Ant.

• Upvote 2

On 17/11/2019 at 08:35, gone fishin' said:

I looked this up on Wikipedia For some reason and the entry gives away the plot spoiler in the summary section and let’s just say the twist is of epic cringeworthyness, literally taking a line from a George Michael song and making it the twist.

Yeah, be careful of this. Wikipedia plot summaries are literally that - they tell you the whole plot, beginning to end. Entirely understandable as it is a reference, but if you are looking up Wiki to see if a film is worth watching you can accidentally render it not worth watching by reading the ending!

(Luckily in this case, no harm done!)