rllmuk
Mr Do 71

X019 | Google Stadia RIP

@Revival That looks and sounds jolly nice doesn’t it :). Can’t say I’m 100% happy with the perspective (TTTP would be better imo) and is there a reason why the person playing it seems to largely avoid combat? Oh and lastly at 1:49. Pots. Two rows of pots, and what do we do when we see pots in a video game. Smash em to bits! But here, nope, just walks on by, same again a bit later on too?? 

Anyway, enough of being a grumpy bugger who’s only awake at this time because he can’t sleep. Any idea when’s it out (all I could fine was July ‘19) and is it coming to Gamepass? 

• Upvote 1

It's been in development for four years and was supposed to be released towards the end of this year but has been put back to 2020. I think they completely changed the world lighting model this year and wanted to add more content. It's an Xbox console exclusive but I'm not 100% sure if it's been confirmed for Game Pass yet.

10 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Not being an Xbox owner this gen, I've not kept up with this event. Why doesn't the thread title say 'Google Stadia RIP'? Are MS offering something to compete with it?

Project Xcloud. Currently there's over 50 titles streaming in the beta. Some of them are very new releases too. It goes to your android phone, will go to windows 10 and  iPhone devices soon. You can use most bluetooth pads, and in full release it will be included in your gamepass sub.

Google Stadia is launching with 12 games. 3 of them are Tomb Raiders, the headline is Destiny 2. Most features have been cut for launch. You can only play it on the included Chromecast or a Pixel Phone. It's a glorified paid beta test.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

Project Xcloud. Currently there's over 50 titles streaming in the beta. Some of them are very new releases too. It goes to your android phone, will go to windows 10 and  iPhone devices soon. You can use most bluetooth pads, and in full release it will be included in your gamepass sub.

I see, thanks. Sounds interesting, as long as it's playable without lag, of course.

I take it you can stream the games directly to your Xbox as well?

28 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I see, thanks. Sounds interesting, as long as it's playable without lag, of course.

I take it you can stream the games directly to your Xbox as well?

There's a small amount of input lag, hopefully it will get better, but I think it's just the nature of these streaming services that we haveto expect.

Not yet, but I would assume they will eventually. I think it's how they will acheive their comments over the years that "there are no generations" and that it doesn't matter if you are on the original Xbox One, there will be no Scarlette exclusives. If you're on an old console, then Xcloud will stream the games to you.

1 hour ago, Revival said:

It's been in development for four years and was supposed to be released towards the end of this year but has been put back to 2020.

I've had it on my Steam wishlist since December of last year :lol: 

:( 

2 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Haven’t had a chance to watch this but did they announce a release date for Reach? 

Dec 3rd on both Xbox and PC :)

Can't wait!

Edit: Unless you like car crash TV, then I probably wouldn't bother watching the whole show.

• Upvote 1

Is xCloud like Stadia where you can stream to a browser (Edge?) or do you need to install a client? Specifically thinking if Mac will be supported.