rllmuk

Played Devil’s Crush (TG16 via Wii VC) and Jaki Crush (Snes Mini) for a few hours last night, both great games with awesome graphics and music. I also have Alien Crush on Wii VC so will play that next time. 

Does anybody know of any articles about their development? 

MD version of Devil's Crush is the best. That game never gets old. Also, there was also a weird remake of Alien Crush on Wiiware. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah I have Alien Crush Returns too. Never got into it but I should give it another try I suppose. I don’t remember enjoying the original Alien Crush as much as the sequels. I had the MD version of Devil’s Crush back when I had a Mega Drive, don’t think there’s much between the two versions gameplay wise. Having seen some comparison shots on HG101, I think I slightly prefer the graphics of the PCE version. Jaki Crush is my favourite because it seems a bit easier to keep the ball out of the gutters, plus nostalgia. 

Some of the bonus levels differ and I prefer the ball movement of the MD version. They're both excellent though.

I love wacky unrealistic pinball games. Battle Pinball is another  winner. 

4 hours ago, Camel said:

MD version of Devil's Crush is the best. That game never gets old. Also, there was also a weird remake of Alien Crush on Wiiware. 

Oh yeah.

Weirdly enough I recently tried them for the first time in ages. Been since Dragon's Fury was released on the MD that I played any of the Crush games. But with the announcement of the PC Engine mini, I decided to get a handful of games for it on the WiiU VC, incl. Alien Crush and Devil's Crush. They're both good, but the second game is clearly the better of the two, and imo the MD version trumps them both.

Took a gander at the SNES game on my mini, but I figured I like the aesthetic of the second game more.