rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Napole0n

Sad news about Boutros

Unfortunately I'm here to share the sad news that Tom, better known as @Boutros around these parts, has passed away last Thursday. He fought a long battle against alcoholism which he unfortunately lost before even reaching his mid-40s. As he used to be an active member on these boards in the past and played online multiplayer with some of you, I thought I should inform you. The funeral will be held on Thursday in Heerhugowaard, Netherlands.

I've posted this in discussion, as this was the part of the forum he posted in most and where I figured most people knew him. If this is not the right place, please feel free to move the topic to a more appropriate area of the forum.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 132

That fucking sucks.

I'm fairly certain I played some old Xbox 360 games with him as I used to play a lot with the forum back then, they were great times.

That's no age to go, my sincere condolences. :(

I am quite new to this forum and I don't think I ever interacted with the chap but thank you for posting that. Good to see a nice sense of community and compassion here.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fused gamer said:

This makes me very sad as I'm fighting my own battle against alcoholism. 

It's a shit disease.

It is. Please take care.

• Upvote 1

Horrible news. As someone who has fought alcoholism for 20 years and seen it take too many people it’s terrible to hear about someone on here passing away because of it. My thoughts are with his family and friends

• Empathy 1

@Napole0n I’m very sorry to hear this. I remember many fun nights playing PGR with him & yourself way back. Keep strong and my sincerest sympathy & condolences to his family & loved ones.

• Upvote 4