IGNORED

Guilty Gear -Strive-. Out now!

Kayin Amoh

1 hour ago, Rsdio said:

Currently at 31k players on Steam and rising. The highest Street Fighter V has ever been was 14k and Tekken 7 18k. Xrd was never above 2k.

Still a ways to go to get to DBFZ's 44k but considering it's not Dragon Ball, I reckon it's safe for them to call that a win.

I may have to go PC for this one then... Will see you all on there eventually!

So, the game's been out for a few days of early access now, and I've been having a real blast with it.

Been maining Sol, who is just as nuts as he's been during the last two beta tests. His space control is incredibly strong and everything is plus as heck. His strategy is pretty linear, but it hardly matters when he hits like an absolute truck, making his combos incredibly satisfying to land.

I was planning on spending an equal amount of time with Ram, but I'm just more comfortable with Sol because of ACR, so I'm kinda lost when things aren't going exactly to plan. She's crazy strong though, I probably just need to watch some high level play and steal some tech eventually.

I'm comfortable fighting most of the cast now, most noticeably May, who seemed just WILD the first couple of days. I'm kinda getting the hang of fighting Ram as well. Millia still absolutely wrecks me though, no idea what's happening there. And I haven't played any Zatos while using Sol yet, so who knows how that will go.

Also, just bumped into popular youtube video essayist Leon Massey in euro park 2. I'm pretty sure he was learning Nago as a new character, as he was pretty low level, but I dickishly won the set 5-0, using Sol, which is probably now the zenith of my fighting game career achievement, lol.

1 hour ago, imp said:

Also, just bumped into popular youtube video essayist Leon Massey in euro park 2. I'm pretty sure he was learning Nago as a new character, as he was pretty low level, but I dickishly won the set 5-0, using Sol, which is probably now the zenith of my fighting game career achievement, lol.

He was streaming at the time, might watch that at some point.

12 minutes ago, Jonster said:

He was streaming at the time, might watch that at some point.

Gulp, found it!

That's 1:12 into the video. I think he's just messing about with characters for some reason, as he's expecting to play badly with Nago and Pot.

PC servers seem to be shaky at the minute (I wonder if a pre-release beta might have helped 🙃) but I'm sure that'll get fixed soon enough. Meanwhile if you play on PS5, not only can you be punched by my Sol, but also get trapped in the corner by Jonster's Ram! F O R E V E R.

6 hours ago, Jonster said:

I've got both, and I've had no problem using my PS4 stick on the PS5 version. Razer Panthers in case that helps. Imp's Sol punches harder than my Ram :lol:

@imp Came across something you may like: https://twitter.com/furai127/status/1403975546506158081?s=20

You're not wrong, I definitely like that! I forget CH 6H pops up now, I should definitely work that into my corner pressure. I've been hit by players using it midscreen after a wall-break a couple of times too, but that seems wild to me!

Looks like Blue Roman Cancel's shift is invulnerable and can be used to phase through projectiles/normals etc for strong punishes?

Not had a chance to play this over the weekend so hopefully can make time for a long set with folk tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm gonna fall behind!

I would very happily play long sets with you either night, Joffo! And that tech is mad, I love it!

Also I labbed a couple of possibly quite awful set ups with Sol yesterday and am desperate to see how they fare in real games but completely fluffed them at every opportunity!

On 08/06/2021 at 03:09, joffocakes said:

Stayed up until 3am and didnt even play any matches, just got stuck into the tutorials. Really wanted to clear the lot before bed but I've a fair few from the last page still to do, mostly having issues with the Sol down down roman cancel cancel one. Landed it two outta five a few times but never the crucial third. Might switch to stick for it tomorrow.

Had fun pressing buttons though.

So I had an epiphany about this combo - I thought it might be burst safe!

Went into training mode and set it so the dummy bursts after the first hit of BR. Did the cancel into NRV expecting a fat counter hit, but nope, got hit by the burst!

Oh well!

I absolutely love the training mode in this game though - it’s so good being able to set the hit the opponent bursts on to lab burst safe combos!

16 hours ago, donpeartree said:

I'd love to get into some online games on ps4 but I'm still at a fairly low level. Are there rllmuk ps4 lobbies going? What times do people play?

No forum lobbies so far (😭) but Jonster and I are about most evenings at some point between 8 and 11.

Yer boy is doing OK with Sol...

This is entirely down to a Zato player yesterday who let me play 40 matches. I'd not played against any Zato at all since the last beta, so I wanted to learn as much as I could last night. Before this my best streak was a measly 27. IKR!

2 hours ago, imp said:

No forum lobbies so far (😭) but Jonster and I are about most evenings at some point between 8 and 11.

Also @donpeartree we mess around with the whole cast to varying degrees of success, so don't be put off by imp's 57 win streak :lol:

If there's interest in it I'll set up a PS group, might be easier for organising.

Probably down to the servers being bobbins, Strive is currently £20 on CDKeys, £35 for the Deluxe with the season pass.

I wouldn't know as I've just bought it and I'm trying to not be shit in the Arcade mode after swerving the series since... Isuka? Christ.

I like Nago, I think. He has big normals that might make me think about using them instead of mashing out specials and losing my health to the rage mechanic. Maybe. I still got half the roster to fuck around and find out.

Jeez, I pre-ordered the deluxe at £47 from CDKeys and was miffed enough it had dropped to £40 already. I then compounded that my not being at home, having to buy the PS4 version then unexpectedly returning home to the PC version two days later :lol:

I pretty much decided I was playing Nagoriyuki as soon as he was shown, I don't really care if he's probably a bit 'hard mode' at beginner levels due to the mobility and all that. Half my problem in learning fighting games is being in eternal character crisis so I'm happy I'm in there with resolve right off the bat for a change. I think in some ways he might work for me since a lot of his tools being risky helps with what to discard whilst trying to focus on the absolute basics, I feel like I've got enough to get used to here with the universal mechanics that I'm happy to take a chunk of his moveset out of my mental stack aside from maybe in a simple BnB or two. I'm gonna get ruined anyway so focusing on defence and his safer stuff seems a good enough way to start. Adding the other stuff later after (hopefully) getting a bit of a foundation will be something to look forward to.

I've had no issues with the PC version although the player rooms currently have a little issue if you want a private one. If you search via a code it returns a whole list of rooms instead of the specific one with that ID. Was still happening after maintenance when I last tried, but meeting in a park is easier for now.