Guilty Gear -Strive-, delayed to 2021.

1 minute ago, Benny said:

I'm resigned to being a punching bag now I think.

Don’t worry about it dude, everyone you played today is a pretty die hard fighting game player.

If you’re on later or Monday or Tuesday night, I’ll be happy to learn another character. Just wanted to get Ram’s combos better dialled in by focusing on her alone today!

@imp I'm having a short break to play a bit of Huntdown. Then I might go on for another half hour or be back Monday. So far I'm reeeeeally digging Giovanna. Otherwise the new Faust is definitely my man. Sorry Sol, you're too predictable.

5 hours ago, imp said:

This bloody lobby system though! Love it when your spot gets stolen by a random and you have to go chasing each other round the park as it teleports the battle ready player all over!

When you're readied-up with your weapon and some random comes along...

Willie.gif

Everyone's gone home now?

4 minutes ago, Escape said:

When you're readied-up with your weapon and some random comes along...

Willie.gif

Everyone's gone home now?

I’ll come back for a little bit! Be on in 10 or so. Which park are you in?

56 minutes ago, Escape said:

Gio's rainbow roll seems to get blown out by standard AAs. Simple character, but maybe not so easy to use...

Yeah, I think she’s fairly pick up and play but might find it hard to hang with the top tiers as she is now, due to her left-right mixes not leading to extended combos. IDK, probably too early to call!

46 minutes ago, Escape said:

Heh, I just randomly RC'd in neutral at the end! Fingers aren't used to the buttons at the minute.

Yellow RC defensively is legit and something I need to incorporate into my game!

Ah, GGs! Couldn't get Leo's burst out. Just started mashing at the end when I should've waited for a gap. The round before was slightly better when I was patient enough for some mild footsies.

Yeah, Nago seems amazing, but pretty tricky to master from the looks of things. Very hard for Ram in general as he outmatches her in her favoured range, making it very hard to get in!

And GGs indeed!

The thing that trips me up with Nago, apart from my DualSense, is that he's a slow character but his cancels are quite fast. It'll take a while to get used to the visual disconnect for me.

I'm at that stage of constantly trying to land the one combo I know! Raggo command dashes are my mixup, like. And I'm blocking high way too much, coming back to 2D after years with Namco. I'm used to ducking on reaction rather than anticipation and my eyes aren't seeing most of the lows.

On 21/02/2021 at 08:18, Jonster said:

I-No announced as final character for the roster.

So now the base roster has been revealed, who do you all think are gonna be in the first season of DLC characters?

Jonny and Venom are two pretty iconic characters that are missing that I think are solid bets. Baiken is really popular too, so might get a spot, although I don't think she's quite on their level. Sin was pretty popular in Xrd, and I'm sure he'll be returning, likely sooner than later. People have been talking about Testament or Zappa returning because of the surge in ACR popularity but IDK, that's probably too recent a thing unless either were in development already. Plus, if you want to attract new players, maybe don't have loads of screen filling Oki hell bullshit characters right from the off (though I think if any of those style of characters were to return, the first would likely be Dizzy).

So I reckon we'll get: Jonny, Venom, either Sin or Baiken, one new character and maybe one off-kilter past character like Haehyun or ABA. No Raven until S2, if ever, I reckon.

Also I just had a cheeky "lunch break" session in the park and played my first ever players who had achieved celestial status! (You can tell because their wanted poster is gold - btw for that to happen you have to reach the celestial floor, then win 5 matches before you lose 2 up there). I was playing some Ram (I think she's gonna be my main chicken) and I played against a Ky and a Nagoriyuki. Both were scary matchups already as I've been struggling with them both, but I actually managed to get both wins as both players seemed way calmer than your average GG gorilla, and I was able to really play a good game of space control instead of barely hanging on trying to block or intercept the usual barrage! It definitely underlined how I need to learn some tech to get people off of me so I can get a bit more breathing room in matches. Agh. I really like this game.