rllmuk
Flub

PacMan 40th anniversary next year

Never liked the original game even at the time, but the Championship Edition on 360/PS4 was amazing and something should be available on current consoles.

Apart from that pretty much every PacMan game and spinoff has been shit, hasn't it

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Apart from that pretty much every PacMan game and spinoff has been shit, hasn't it

Pacman < Ms. Pacman < Jr. Pacman

1 hour ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Never liked the original game even at the time, but the Championship Edition on 360/PS4 was amazing and something should be available on current consoles.

Pac-Man Arrange from Namco Classics Vol 2 (arcade board, not the PSP ver) is pretty great. Appreciate it’s mildly obscure. Give it a go though if you can. 

Agree that CE is amazing. Deffo preferred it to CE2. 

2 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

The original game is still amazing and no, Pac-Land is brilliant as is DX. Heathen.

• Upvote 4

DX took everything that was great about CE and coated it in dog mess, though. Only ever spent one 10p on Pac-Land. Why spend any more when there was always a Gyruss or Mr Do! next to it?

2 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

DX took everything that was great about CE and coated it in dog mess, though. Only ever spent one 10p on Pac-Land. Why spend any more when there was always a Gyruss or Mr Do! next to it?

If you're foregoing Pac-Land to play Gyruss then you're doing it all wrong.

I really liked DX. For different reasons than CE and I can see it's not for everyone.

I could never get on with Pac-Mania. Any fans of that here?

Jawbreaker was a really good Pac-Man variant on the 2600, although the C64 conversion was a bit pants.

Pac-Man :wub:

1 hour ago, Camel said:

I could never get on with Pac-Mania. Any fans of that here?

Pac-Man :wub:

Yes.  Mostly because my form tutor/art teacher Ms Lewis let us play it on the school’s Acorn Archimedes on lunch breaks. 

Still love the music from it. 

Pac-Man. :wub:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bradigor said:

A 40th Anniversary collection would be welcome. Or anything that allows me to have CE on Switch.

I though CE *was* on the Switch?

Just now, deKay said:

No, I thought the download included both versions. Does it not?

Not as far as I am aware. Happy to be told otherwise though. 

7 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

Online playable pac man vs , and while youre at it Battle Royale please

This.

Or Pac Man 99!

Wait, how would that even work...

7 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

I think you might be confusing DX with CE2. DX is an absolute masterpiece, CE2 was a massive let-down which was mostly style over substance.

I do hope they use this as reason to put DX on Switch. I'm surprised it's not there already, it would be perfect.

30 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

Or Pac Man 99!

HHHHHNNNNGGG!

10 hours ago, Qazimod said:

This.

Or Pac Man 99!

Wait, how would that even work...

Every time you eat a ghost it appears in everyone else's maze.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, EUkdazs said:

Every time you eat a ghost it appears in everyone else's maze.

Holy shit.

And then it vanishes from everyone else's maze when it returns to the centre, or when the power pill effect wears off.

But you never know how many players are going to decide to eat a ghost at any moment.

Crowdsourcing!

Having been a willing participant in Pac-Man fever the first time round as a little boy I can’t say that the idea of polishing off my yellow vinyl, fishing out puck monster, completing my sticker collection and putting batteries back in the pac-man money box is really doing it for me.

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

Pac-Land is the best.

A shame there’s no arcade archive version. Given the Smash stage I figured it might get a release. Anyway to play it on PS4/Switch?

It's always going to present difficulties on modern controllers because of the bits where you have to tap the joystick. The PC Engine version got round this by using the buttons for left and right but my brain just won't let me get used to that no matter how much I've tried :(

• Upvote 1