Apple TV +

I’ve been watching the morning show, and have caught up to date with it. After going in with very low expectations from the reviews, I’ve actually found it to be very compelling viewing. As mentioned above, Billy Crudup is great in it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just saw an advert for a Spike Jonze Beasties doc on this service which prompted me to activate my free one year sub...anyone seen it?

9 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I just saw an advert for a Spike Jonze Beasties doc on this service which prompted me to activate my free one year sub...anyone seen it?

I have. Definitely worth a watch, but it spends a lot of time on the early years, then races through the last 20 at supersonic speed at the end. Felt like it needed to be at least 3 times as long to cover everything properly. 

The actual app for this is mind boggingly terrible. It's ordered awfully and you have little control of whatever you are watching. It reminds me of the crap iplayer app.

Also, shows take an age to download compared to all the other services I use.  Are there any movies on it?

That said, Servant was utterly brilliant. 

Does For All Mankind get any better? I got about 40 minutes into the first episode and fell asleep it was so boring. I'm not a fan of Momoa's "acting" so didn't bother with See.

I downloaded the first episode of the Cris Evans show, but only knew of its existence because of a telly ad.

I loved that Beasties doc! Well worth the free sub. 

The app does seem very hard to navigate, I wasn’t really sure how to look at just Apple+ stuff. Speed seemed fine though.

12 hours ago, sandman said:

Does For All Mankind get any better? I got about 40 minutes into the first episode and fell asleep it was so boring. I'm not a fan of Momoa's "acting" so didn't bother with See.

It does, but it’s never amazing.

I have a year of this with my phone but my tv isn’t getting the app until ‘later this year’. I assume I can sign up at the latest point (around 80 days after I activate) on my phone and then use whatever is left of my free year at the point I get the app?

Also, is it shit?

I’ll answer my own question, we watched the first two episodes tonight and loved it. Got strong ‘The Killing’ vibes from it.

Yeah we're enjoying it too. Still have the latest episode to watch. I like how they're uploading episodes once a week.

I especially like how everyone in it owns an iPhone except for one dodgy looking geezer who's on Android. :lol:

Did the free trial to watch The Beastie Boys story, but ended up getting a sub as both The Morning Show and The Servant are excellent. Had pretty low expectations for both but have been very pleasantly surprised. Will try Defending Jacob next. Getting much more use out of this than I am with Disney+.

Just wish it had a PS4 app. Would love to watch these with my wife, but only have access through my iPad.

• 2 months later...

Mythic Quest is actually decent, and there are two episodes which actually elevate the series to being greater than the sum of its parts, so worth watching the entire (short) series.

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, ckny said:

I've just had an email to say they've extended my free sub until February (I think it was due to expire in December).

I haven’t had an email but after checking my subscription, it seems I am also subscribed until February now(mine was also supposed to end in December too).

Not quite sure how but I just got an email giving me a year free of Apple TV.

Couple of questions what is the must watch shows? Is it just shows or do they have films?

How can I watch it on the TV, just checked on the Samsung App store and no TV app, there is also no PS4 app. Can I use chromecast?

18 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Couple of questions what is the must watch shows? Is it just shows or do they have films?

For TV I would say:

The Morning Show
Ted Lasso
For All Mankind

Tehran

Today the new film by Sofia Coppola. On the Rocks came out which stars Bill Murray and Rashida Jones.

Plus, Wolfwalkers comes out in December and that looks amazing.

2 minutes ago, monsly said:

PS4 and PS5 app coming soon apparently - looking like around the PS5 launch. Did you get any Apple products recently? I got a year when I bought my new phone last month.

Nope nothing need to figure out how I’m going to watch it. Hopefully you can cast from iPad.

Annoyingly Chromecast is not supported. Only option is to log in on the PC and cast from Chrome Browser.

Shame I did not pick up a fire TV stick in the recent amazon prime day deals.

53 minutes ago, gospvg said:

How can I watch it on the TV, just checked on the Samsung App store and no TV app, there is also no PS4 app. Can I use chromecast?

The Beastie Boys doc is good...other than that you’ll see why they are giving it away free.

12 minutes ago, ZOK said:

The Beastie Boys doc is good...other than that you’ll see why they are giving it away free.

lol very true there is hardly anything on it, will add a few shows to watch and a couple of films. I've got it for a year so hopefully more shows/films will get added.

2 hours ago, gospvg said:

Couple of questions what is the must watch shows? Is it just shows or do they have films?

Defending Jacob is really good. Morning Show was ok. Wife enjoyed Servant.

Greyhound and The Banker are decent films.