rllmuk
chris on the moon

Biscuits to impress my colleagues

Hello. I've never bought biscuits for the office (10-15 people) but I feel the need to try. Does anyone have any suggestions? I live in England.

Someone has been bringing in marks and Spencer's toffee shortbread biscuits, which are delightful and everyone loves. So there's a suggestion if any of you are having a similar issue.

I've not eaten them in ages, but Marks and Sparks cookies are generally top drawer - the ones where you get 8 or 10 in a tray in a loose plasticky pack. Doesn't matter which ones you pick - they're all good. If they've still got the rhubarb ones that would be my choice, personally - if not some nice stem ginger ones. You'd probably best get a pack of choccy ones because that's the default for most folk.

I don't know if Morrison's still do their salted caramel shortbread biccies in boxes - those were pretty good. I don't usually like anything to mess with shortbread (done well it's nigh on perfect), but a few shards of salty caramel work quite nicely.

Take in a pack of jaffa cakes, milk chocolate hobnobs and a chocolate digestives (McVities, no Waitrose or M&S fancy stuff needed) and they'll be happy.

As long as you don't act like one of the knobbers from this awful advert you'll be fine:

spacer.png

Stroopwafels are a fantastic shout. They punch well above their weight. You'd think they're nothing special to look at them, but they'll convert anyone who scoffs one in an instant. Proper fucking nom.

M&S biscuits are definitely higher quality than other places.

Their shortbread is the best I've tasted:

image.png.5f0b5cd17af97dde4835ca1a929e5dd8.png

Their chocolate covered Viennese are the best I've tasted:

image.thumb.png.8fdfdc7be9b0782a4add931cd7829b9b.png

Also Borders make good biscuits:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/290392552

I agree with the stroopwafel suggestion. Not as good as fresh ones in The Netherlands of course, but if you warm these up, they're damn good:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/294873582

I also like these Amaretti biscuits:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/257206594