rllmuk
spork

Football Manager 2020! Rllmuk at the wheel!

There's a new FM game coming out! Hurray! Here is an interactive trailer that is a bit like playing Football Manager.

The "headline" features are apparently:

As managers around the globe suit up in preparation for the release of Football Manager 2020, we’re proud to show off a series of blogs highlighting some of the biggest features to expect from the latest edition of the award-winning football management series. 

Club Vision

Develop a culture, work with the board to achieve ongoing objectives and plot a course for your club to progress in seasons to come.

Development Centre

An all-encompassing hub that allows you to nurture your young stars through the youth ranks until they’re ready for first-team action.

Playing Time Pathway

Build in current and future playing time across a player’s contract, defining a clear pathway from Fringe Player to Star Player and everything in between.

Backroom Staff

New roles, advice and interaction makes your staff more important than ever and brings the game closer to the structure of a real-life backroom team.

Graphic Improvements

Redesigned player and manager models, improved lighting and overhauled pitch visuals combine to create the best-looking match experience to date.

I feel like they are stretching a bit for headline features there, but they have also improved the visual manager creation thing as well as regen faces which probably means it goes from looking like a PS1 game to hopefully PS2 standards.

The beta (which is effectively the full game, just released a bit early to anyone who has pre-ordered) is apparently going to drop anytime now, possibly today according to people on the official forums. 

I've been day one with FM/CM games since forever regardless of what they've added to the game but I'm currently struggling to round up much enthusiasm for this one. Anyone else?

• Upvote 1

Never seen the appeal, but it's a prime candidate for a streaming service if they included ultra high fidelity, physically accurate replay packages after each match.  I'd be very interested in seeing that happen someday.

38 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Never seen the appeal, but it's a prime candidate for a streaming service if they included ultra high fidelity, physically accurate replay packages after each match.  I'd be very interested in seeing that happen someday.

It's going to be on Google Stadia I think? I don't think it's going to be any different though except I'd hope you can run all the leagues and everything set to max and it'll still be super speedy. I might be interested if that's the case.

Oh man, CM 97-98... so many fond memories of throwing my entire summer holiday into that. It was kinda easy and I got a bit bored about 8 seasons in so replaced all my players with lower league youngsters and guys I signed from what must have been a regen team in Africa (including what must have been George Weah's regen who went on to score about 50 every season) and still wiped the floor with everyone.

New Star Soccer manager on switch is what the cool kids play now.

Isn't this the unlikely poster child for Google Stadia as you can use their huge processing power and max out all the leagues being run in the background, and lag/framerate not really a factor ?

This is a funny old direction. A lot of talk about the club, setting things up with them, and less focus on the manager. In this game called Football Manager.

It sounds more like Football Director - and sticking specifically at one club.

The media pieces are manager centric, except it's really only window dressing.

The trailer has quite the juxtaposition Mexican waving from the real life footage and footie pundits across to the 3d engine that is still looking quite basic.

I wonder if the free updates / DLC will allow you to set the meals for players and perhaps Don an apron to serve it up to them with a Chris Sutton voiceover talking you through the meatball delivery.

10 hours ago, Hamus said:

This is a funny old direction. A lot of talk about the club, setting things up with them, and less focus on the manager. In this game called Football Manager.

It sounds more like Football Director - and sticking specifically at one club.

As someone who often plays with a single club for a decade or more, being able to talk to the board about a longer term vision sounds very appealing to me. 

• Upvote 2

On 31/10/2019 at 08:45, Fry Crayola said:

As someone who often plays with a single club for a decade or more, being able to talk to the board about a longer term vision sounds very appealing to me. 

I can see that, it seems much like an empty result. A bit of a headline feature that sounds fun, and the result? Some early promises or ideas that you'll most likely forget. Or be held to and get fired for. It isn't the real ins and outs.

What we remember in football is the history Be it moment to moment with a last minute winner. A tournament victory. A league season that ends up in an injury time playoff win. Or defeat.

You do all that at one club for multiple seasons. You'll remember it. So where's the rich, deep history tracking for your achievements. That's what sticks in the end.

13 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

It's at like 30 or so on mine, 2080Ti

i too have a 2080ti, and its waaaaay higher!?...im wondering if i should use RTSS to lock it to 60 instead of it trying to run at 144...

5 hours ago, 5R7 said:

i too have a 2080ti, and its waaaaay higher!?...im wondering if i should use RTSS to lock it to 60 instead of it trying to run at 144...

Yeah...I'd run at 60 lol 

Its not a game that needs any more.

I played my first match on this last night and had the high GPU usage thing during the match. RTX 2070 and it was pushing 98% usage and struggling to get to 60 fps!