Jump to content
IGNORED

Yakuza (7): Like a Dragon - Gotta Dispatch 'Em All!


Harsin
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, kensei said:

This is my first Yakuza and it's a weird, weird game. However it's weirdest choice appears to be a completely momentum sapping sewer crawl. It's like they wanted to make Persona, but shit.

 

I rushed through that, once you are out you don't have to go back thankfully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Persona but shit is more like P2: Eternal Punishment :P 

 

I agree that the sewer thing is a bizarre diversion though. I didn't mind it that much for grinding battles and finding loot... until I took a wrong exit and ran into the giant Roomba boss way earlier than I was supposed to. :blush: Even so, the later optional activities are generally more fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, I think it would have been fine if it wasn't in a sewer. It's just not a very scenic place to batter bad guys - the last dungeon's long enough, but just looks way better to work through.

 

Should have set it at the docks or something so you could look at boats and stare off into the sunset or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it wasn't helped by the fact I'd just changed classes and that impact my skills and gear so the battles took a bit longer than normal.

 

But it just seemed to never end. The dungeons bits are an okay change of pace but you already get a lot of battles just wandering amount the map. The early shorter ones were much better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hrmph got to the tough battle in chapter 12. 
 

Failed a few times so might bail and level more at the fight club. But wondering whether that’ll be enough - I could do with different jobs/skills. But then levelling those will take an age!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StephenM said:

Hrmph got to the tough battle in chapter 12. 
 

Failed a few times so might bail and level more at the fight club. But wondering whether that’ll be enough - I could do with different jobs/skills. But then levelling those will take an age!

 

 

Just done the exact same. And landed with the wrong set of skills because I was experimenting. It's infuriating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, StephenM said:

Failed a few times so might bail and level more at the fight club. But wondering whether that’ll be enough - I could do with different jobs/skills.


This. Go into the arena and rinse it for rewards. Grind out enough to do all 30 floors, and go back and work on the bonus objectives if possible.

 

Also if you can get hold of a sacrifice stone, it will save a character from a fatal KO, as will the “Peerless Resolve” skill in Ichi’s Hero class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you used the sewer to level up a bit? There are two Invested Vagabonds a little past the save point that can rack you some serious XP, the second around 70,000 a pop. If you go down the stairs a little after him, he resets.

 

Getting to number one in the management game also allows you access to a handy skill for Kasuga and funds to buy and upgrade gear at the workshop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Steven said:

Have you used the sewer to level up a bit? There are two Invested Vagabonds a little past the save point that can rack you some serious XP, the second around 70,000 a pop. If you go down the stairs a little after him, he resets.

Ah those sewers that I run through for 20hrs fighting the same vagabonds for the job xp until I felt ready for the true final dungeon.

 

Good if slightly repetitive times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, carlospie said:

Any tips for chapter 9. A boss fight with a 'familiar' person shall we say. (After the bulldozer fight)

 

Im level 25 and they are 27 but they batter me. Iv done all the sidequests I can up to now. I was loving the game up until this part. 

 

I can't remember which fight this. Usual tips are that your character level and job level are cumulative, so if you've been messing around with different jobs equip your highest grade jobs. Other than that, make sure you have as many Pound Mates as possible and get Ichiban to summon one each turn. Dodge to minimise damage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Steven said:

I go into a strange trance-like state when grinding so I don't mind it too much. Weakest aspect of a truly special title, though.

Get the podcasts on!

 

Agree it was annoying to have to grind though. Just seems like an absolute relic of gaming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do have to say that, after finishing the chapter I was struggling with, I’m back in super hard. 
 

For the first time ever, I actually get why the grind - and eventual payoff - is rewarding. Probably helped by having a place to grind that didn’t involve going back hours. 
 

But bashing them up was delightful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, StephenM said:

I do have to say that, after finishing the chapter I was struggling with, I’m back in super hard. 
 

For the first time ever, I actually get why the grind - and eventual payoff - is rewarding. Probably helped by having a place to grind that didn’t involve going back hours. 
 

But bashing them up was delightful. 

I don't think I had to grind that fight if it's the same one my middle aged mind is recalling. 

 

But lovely to read that. 

 

It's such in my GOTY list to be sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just done the bit I think everyone has been talking about in CH 12. I've been pissing about for hours (70 or so) doing all the quests, mini-games , etc so it was clearly a step up but I did it first go (if that was indeed the bit).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I finished this a few weeks back and planned to move on to something else, but it keeps nagging me to keep going.

 

So, I've been mopping up all the achievements and part time hero stuff.  I didn't consider getting the Platinum because I didn't think I'd ever complete the Karting stuff (I really don't enjoy the Karting game), but I sat down with a big mug of coffee on Saturday morning and somehow fluked a win in the final GP (actually got the same points as another racer after the third race, but thankfully the game counted that as a win), then after much cursing and shouting, managed to beat the last racer challenge thanks to the trick of changing the camera angle during the race.

 

That meant I had to go for the True Final dungeon.  Read up a bit and realised I still needed to beef up (everyone was around level 72 when I beat the main game), so I spent sunday in those stupid sewers getting everyone up to 99 / 99, then spent last night making sure everyone had enough levels in other jobs to have a full set of fire / ice / electric attacks available at all times, and buying up every heal and revive item I could carry.  I'm now ready to give it a go...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

I finished this a few weeks back and planned to move on to something else, but it keeps nagging me to keep going.

 

So, I've been mopping up all the achievements and part time hero stuff.  I didn't consider getting the Platinum because I didn't think I'd ever complete the Karting stuff (I really don't enjoy the Karting game), but I sat down with a big mug of coffee on Saturday morning and somehow fluked a win in the final GP (actually got the same points as another racer after the third race, but thankfully the game counted that as a win), then after much cursing and shouting, managed to beat the last racer challenge thanks to the trick of changing the camera angle during the race.

 

That meant I had to go for the True Final dungeon.  Read up a bit and realised I still needed to beef up (everyone was around level 72 when I beat the main game), so I spent sunday in those stupid sewers getting everyone up to 99 / 99, then spent last night making sure everyone had enough levels in other jobs to have a full set of fire / ice / electric attacks available at all times, and buying up every heal and revive item I could carry.  I'm now ready to give it a go...

Good luck if I can manage it then you certainly can.  Those sewers though takes some time doesn't it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just as a heads up, the Legendary Edition is £30 down from £75 on Xbox Live right now - about £1.50 more than the base game. I know you all have at least the core game already, but go harass your Xbox owning friends.

 

You may need a Game Pass / Gold sub to get that price, but hey. Having an Xbox and no Game Pass is a strange thing indeed.

 

(Course, if you have game pass you have access to the game already, and now this post's getting complicated. Short story long - it'll leave game pass at some point and you can get the super edition comparatively cheap right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.