Yakuza (7): Like a Dragon - Gotta Dispatch 'Em All!

4 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Two hours without being able to save is wild. At least quick resume is a thing these days.

I'm still on Chapter 7 with 50 hours on the clock because of all the sidequests and minigames. There's too much to do, actually.

Be careful with quick resume. It hasn't been perfect for me on this. Usually the quick save will save you but that won't be a thing for the final dungeon. 

Heed my warning Yakuza fans. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

This is probably going to end up as one of my all-time favourite games. It's just that good and I love it so much. Easily the best Yakuza for me. That summon yiu get in Chapter 12 is just... Mind blown.

Oh there's another amazing summon to come. You'll know it. 

But yes even with my issue with the final dungeon and progress loss. It's probably up there with Yakuza Zero for me. 

2 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Be careful with quick resume. It hasn't been perfect for me on this. Usually the quick save will save you but that won't be a thing for the final dungeon. 

Heed my warning Yakuza fans. 

I'm on PS5 so I've not often turned the game off, just been using Rest Mode. I usually only play for 1 hour or so each night so I'll probably need to book a day off work for the final dungeon.

48 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Surely the devs can easily patch that out so you can save in the dungeon?

It's a bit of a series trademark. It's also very easy to get stuck in a long series of cutscenes with no way to save till you've watched them all (I wouldn't say Yakuza games have a lot of cutscenes, but they come in massive lumps, so when they get started you just need to accept you're going to be there for a while).

At least in this one you can pause the cutscenes. In Yakuza 3 and 4 you can't even do that.

That's really off-putting for me - especially when you know that's coming right at the end. I don't have that sort of time these days and don't want to reach the end with that as my 'reward'.

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

It's a bit of a series trademark. It's also very easy to get stuck in a long series of cutscenes with no way to save till you've watched them all (I wouldn't say Yakuza games have a lot of cutscenes, but they come in massive lumps, so when they get started you just need to accept you're going to be there for a while).

At least in this one you can pause the cutscenes. In Yakuza 3 and 4 you can't even do that.

I've enjoyed Kojima games this sounds like a cakewalk :lol:

Will be starting this soon once the PS5 update has been released

6 hours ago, Steven said:

That's really off-putting for me - especially when you know that's coming right at the end. I don't have that sort of time these days and don't want to reach the end with that as my 'reward'.

Right I had to do it tonight. I couldn't let it lie. So I skipped all the cutscenes and it took me 50mins to get back to the literal last scene of the game pre credits where it crashed. 

I also skipped two battles out of em all but I am op as hell at level 68. 

Great game now to mop up those last few trophies. 

16 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Right I had to do it tonight. I couldn't let it lie. So I skipped all the cutscenes and it took me 50mins to get back to the literal last scene of the game pre credits where it crashed. 

I also skipped two battles out of em all but I am op as hell at level 68. 

Great game now to mop up those last few trophies. 

If you’re going for all the trophies you’ll need to be level 99 and prob level 99 for near all jobs...

37 minutes ago, lordscotland said:

If you’re going for all the trophies you’ll need to be level 99 and prob level 99 for near all jobs...

Yup I forsee a lot of vagrant farming in my future. 

31 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Yup I forsee a lot of vagrant farming in my future. 

Level 99 is ‘easy’ it’s the jobs that take time. You can equip two of the items that increase job experience at the same time for most jobs. It was the only way it was vaguely doable for me without destroying my brain. 
it’s also useful to have all the best weapons at their max ex ex 

4 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Cassidy started out in business as a vagrant farmer

He was infamous for 15 minutes and he appeared on Panorama

Then he somehow found himself as part of the starship enterprise allowance scheme. 

Always happy for a Carter USM reference. Failing that some Cud or Kingmaker will work. 

On 24/02/2021 at 11:33, cassidy said:

Oh there's another amazing summon to come. You'll know it. 

Omg :wub: OMFG :wub:

Currently climbing the millennium tower and had to quit - life of a dad - so I hope Quick Resume doesn't fail me now! :lol: Everyone is level 69 or 70 hope that's enough. All summons ready to go with 20 million in my pocket. Every recovery item at full stock in my inventory. Let's gooooo

I think I was a tad overpowered and had many summons lol

But what an ending, what drama, what a game. The voice actor and whoever did the facial capture animation for Ichiban deserves all of the awards. In all its absurdity and over the topness, the characters still feel totally convincing and you're completely gripped by these rollercoaster events. It might sound mean to say, and I don't really mean it as a diss, but this is what Kojima always tries and fails to achieve. Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio are the best studio around no contest.

I demand more Ichiban!

I’m up to Chapter 8 and could really do with some of whatever these big chapter 12 events are! Starting to feel the fatigue creeping in. 

Still love it, though. Might have a break and come back to it. 

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

Does the upgrade bring more than just improved frame-rate/resolution (and I guess loading)?

I think it is just that which is enough for me. I did read some mentions of DLC included but what DLC I'm not sure?

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

Does the upgrade bring more than just improved frame-rate/resolution (and I guess loading)?

On Xbox Series X those are the only advantages but they are very welcome - rock solid 60FPS and incredibly quick loading times. Since they had a few extra months to work on the PS5 version they might have added a little something extra, like a few more costumes or something along those lines, but nothing's been confirmed yet afaik.

Well Ive been vagabond farming for a few days now. 

So just live in the Kamarucho dungeon now. 

Got Ichiban to job level 99 on 2 jobs and the rest of my squad are the same and thought surely that must be enough for the true final dungeon. 

Haha how wrong I was, didn't get past the first two enemies. 

So it looks like I'm running the dungeon over and over for a long while yet. I've got down to fighting the 4 vagabonds and back to the save point to respawn them to about 8 mins. And I level about 4 job levels per run. 

But I'm just gonna keep plugging at it over the next few weeks, cos you know quick resume means get bored just play something else for a bit. 

Final achievement you shall be mine one day. 

Anyone started this on PS5? It's out today.

I'll be starting after I have finished Control+ which is awesome on the PS5!

2 minutes ago, StephenM said:

I knew I wouldn’t finish before the ps5 update came out and now want nothing more than save transfer!

I remain a very predictable person. 

Stupidly you cannot transfer the save from PS4 to 5, no idea why!

Will be upgrading my PS4 copy later tonight if I get five minutes to myself.

Edit: Glad I waited for the upgrade - 4k looks a bit nicer but, like DS, as soon as you switch to 60fps, you can't go back. First Yakuza title and I'm really digging the tone of it.

I'm still not sold on the new battle system at all, just seems to really grind the pace to a halt sometimes. The fact that I've never been a fan of turn-based combat anyway doesn't help but I've been a fan of every game in the series so far so I'm going to persevere.

PlayStation only.

To celebrate the release of Yakuza: Like a Dragon on PS5, Sega is handing out the Legends Costume Set for free.

Previously available only through pre-ordering Yakuza: Like a Dragon, the set is now available to download for free across all platforms and versions of the game. You have until April 2 to grab the pack.

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

To celebrate the release of Yakuza: Like a Dragon on PS5, Sega is handing out the Legends Costume Set for free.

Previously available only through pre-ordering Yakuza: Like a Dragon, the set is now available to download for free across all platforms and versions of the game. You have until April 2 to grab the pack.

Thanks for drawing attention to that, although it seems that the offer does not apply to Xbox. No listing for said DLC anywhere.