rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mdn2

Games Collections - Post Your Own!

Current generation I have 12 games for the PS4, 3 for the Switch and 1 for the Xbox. Xbox I've mainly gone digital, but am still physical for the other two. I just trade in most games once done to keep my expenditure down.

I do have around 300 games in total across most of the formats released over the last quarter century.

The cupboard of doom before I moved a couple months ago.

100CE44F-78B0-45EF-B1DA-E09224F5FCE4.png

• Upvote 2

Here's most of my Switch Collection.  Not pictured - Zelda Collector's edition, Toki, Astral Chain, The Witcher 3 and The Ninja Saviors.

Monopoly is a bit redundant with the Hasbro Game Collection.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

• Upvote 8

Used to be a collector but realised I was spending cash on collecting, not playing so sold it all.

Now I have 1 PC with all digital games, both store purchased on Steam or emulated. The only physical games I now own are a 3 copies of the best games I’ve worked on as I’m proud of them, my original Japanese import copy of Ridge Racer Type 4 as it’s my fondest racer & a signed copy of Metal Gear Solid 3.

Although I’ve been thinking about physical games this past week as I’m interested in a Switch and don’t trust Nintendo’s Store lasting longer than I can throw a GBA. So I might go physical games for my Switch.

But games collecting has ended for me. Done it once before and found it hollow, it’s about playing and I found when I tipped the scales of 25 consoles & 400 + games, I just couldn’t decide what to play. Perfect emulation has made it redundant although I still admire a massive collection. :wub:

• Upvote 9

I primarily collect curios on any platform with more complete collections of GC, WiiU and 3DS. By curios I mean those eccentric games like Opoona, Mr Moskeeto, Incredible Crisis, Chibi Robo, Chulip, Seaman 2, moon; stuff like that. The WiiU is a funny one - I may end up ridding myself of the Switch ports that havent been compromised but I think I'll always have those quintessential WiiU games like Nintendo Land, Starfox Zero and Game & Wario. The ports are a weird one, really: theyve usually lost some minor features like touch or second screen stuff and then gained a few extra levels or chars in the Switch versions.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, LowCostMonkey said:

This was most of mine back in 2016 just before I moved house. It's all mostly in boxes in the loft now (including the consoles). My regularly accessed library is mostly digital these days.

collection 2.jpg

Could you give us a description from left to right of the bottom shelf?

Decent collection ...I get stressed looking at the wires and can only imagine what's hidden behind the cabinet......:o

I basically will only keep his of my FFVI game (sadly missing the world map). I am similar to @Wools in that I felt I was missing the point a bit. Generally speaking now if something I want to collect/keep had to be stored in the loft or somewhere I give serious thought to getting rid. So far, I've never regretted anything I've got rid of. Saying that my wife does try to put things of mine up there SHE thinks should go :angry:

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Decent collection ...I get stressed looking at the wires and can only imagine what's hidden behind the cabinet......:o

I basically will only keep his of my FFVI game (sadly missing the world map). I am similar to @Wools in that I felt I was missing the point a bit. Generally speaking now if something I want to collect/keep had to be stored in the loft or somewhere I give serious thought to getting rid. So far, I've never regretted anything I've got rid of. Saying that my wife does try to put things of mine up there SHE thinks should go :angry:

A shit load of dust. ;)

• Upvote 1

Mine is super-condensed as I tend to keep the "essentials" and trade in other stuff, so I still have physical 360 and PS2 games (for example), but only about a dozen or so of them. I'll try and get a pic or two up later.

EDIT: maybe after my shelves have been tidied a bit as there are a few things randomly out of order :blush: 

1 hour ago, bum said:

I'll guess it for you:

Jaguar, CDI, 3DO, NES, and a WonderMega M2

• Upvote 1

I can’t post photos at the moment, but I’m quite proud of my Super Famicom / NTSC Super NES collection. Very reluctant ever to party with it, as it replaced my childhood collection if PAL games (but better), and it’d be far more difficult to re-collect in future, having bought the vast majority of the games before the later price boom. Same with my NTSC GameCube collection – and with the GC, there’s little to no chance of any of those games being made available on a virtual console style service. It’s a shame that many of those excellent GC games aren’t the modest purchase they used to be, putting the games out of reach for many Nintendo fans.

Sadly, I recently sold all of my Mega Drive games collection apart from Herzog Zwei, Streets of Rage 2 and Strider, which I’m holding onto just case I get another working (Japanese or modded) MD. :seanr: My GBA and DS collection also vanished apart from three select games.

• Upvote 1

Trying this again as my last post made everything look slightly chaotic - thanks for prompting me to tidy up, I guess :P

I87kyl6.jpg

Sadly I can't do much about the shelf brackets other than have games in front of them poking out awkwardly. Also some of my Blu-Rays creep into the lower-right; apologies.

I did have the PS2 games split into two groups - ones I have a personal fondness for (Viewtiful Joe, Persona) and ones that are old hand-me-downs - but again, I thought I'd tidy up.

Yes, those are preowned stickers on GBA Mario World and DKC, but it's either that or have half of the print peel off with the sticker.

My handhelds are elsewhere in the room but it's literally just a PSP, DS, GB and Vita.

• Upvote 2

Here's mine. PS4:

72760304_10157413115490803_5519597591760

Retro / Anything Else

72977132_10157413122990803_5261860968014

74698823_10157413116120803_7162635879146

I stopped collecting for anything pre-dreamcast, the games I have there came with the hardware (Mega Games 2, Sonic 2) and Streets of Rage is a classic so kept that.

Road Avenger came with the Mega CD, and I still have Terminator and Eternal Champions, as those are my favourite games on the system.

I emulate anything older on a hacked PS classic or play on the MD Mini.

These systems are setup upstairs:

74276087_10157413138990803_2015469753618

And this is the lounge setup.

72900237_10157413139280803_7731787172637

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Glad to see that we're Made in Wario buddies!

Ha, I bought Mawaru from the forum's @Superfamifreak as the moonspeak doesn't really harm the game. I had to buy Mega Microgame$ again after getting rid of it, so I looked for a boxed copy in good condition.

DIY would be in there but I think I donated a few DS games to other peeps. :) 

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

I'll guess it for you:

Jaguar, CDI, 3DO, NES, and a WonderMega M2

I think the bottom right is a Master System 2, you can just about make out the white text in the lower right corner

On 19/10/2019 at 10:45, bum said:

Having to check the picture to remind myself, every single console in that picture is all packed away  now :(

Bottom left to right is Jaguar, PS2, 3DO, NES & Master System. Row above that is N64, SNES, Megadrive, Xbox. Row above that is GameCube, Amiga CD32, Dreamcast and PS3. Row above that is Saturn, Xbox 360, PlayStation, Wii & Wii U

There were certainly a lot of wires and I actually added even more. On the right hand side is a SCART to HDMI converter. That fed into an HDMI switcher. That in turn fed into an HDMI splitter where one HDMI fed into the back of the TV and the other went into a Capture Card in the back of my PC. Probably only a 3rd of the consoles were actually plugged in, the cables for the others were in drawers in case I wanted to play them.

I'd also wired the whole house up with Ethernet Ports and that "office" had a huge number. There was a little server room with 48 port switch, server and NAS. I er, went a little over the top.

Dust was certainly an issue and over the years I became some sort of ninja master with a feather duster.

I've since moved to smaller digs so it's all packed up now.  Well, I've got Pro, 1X and Switch under the TV but most of the games in those library are digital downloads.

• Upvote 1

Sold my collection at the end of the ps3/360 generation and I’ve been all digital ever since. I must have 100 digital games on both Xbox one and PS4. 

I can see PlayStation collecting really taking off again, there’s lots of strong rumours the PS5 will be backwards compatible with discs from all the previous systems. If this is the case, games that aren’t available digitally could be very valuable. 

• Upvote 1

On 18/10/2019 at 09:37, mdn2 said:

So there's some discussion in the Switch Witcher 3 thread about game collection sizes. @bum was commenting that his Switch physical collection is at 110 games. :blink: Whereas mine is at 72 physical games and 152 digital. 

Ridiculous waste of money, but given that I primarily game on the Switch these days, a lot of them will be played to completion. 

So what's yours? Still have a physical collection, or are you all digital these days?

DSC_0064.JPG

Why is Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night before The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+? Makes me sick to the stomach.

Also, L.A. Noire should come before Labyrinth of Refrain, and Overcooked should come directly after Octopath Traveler™. The S’s just need to go back to the drawing board.

Other than that, nice collection.

• Upvote 3