rllmuk
mdn2

Ring Fit Adventure - Super Cardio Bros

For some reason I thought this was further off, but it's this Friday?

Hmm.  I like the idea, but I'd prefer to hear more impressions before committing.

It was possible to pick this up for £50 from thegamecollectionoutlet on ebay using the code POPULAR20.

It sold out as I was checking out so I didn’t manage to get one. Worth checking back in case they add any more stock. And the code works on other stuff. Eg. Luigi’s Mansion 3 for £36. Sega Megadrive Mini for £60.

There's been a bit of enthusiasm for it in the general Switch topic.

I've got one of those ebay cheap versions, not sure if I'll save it for the wife's xmas present or jump straight in. I already have a gym routine really so it'd be a curiosity for me more than a fitness thing.

Eurogamer Recommended:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-17-ring-fit-adventure-review-pure-nintendo-magic

There's an end-of-pier charm to it all, the showmanship of the arcade matched with Nintendo's time-proven ability to take something - here the humble pilates ring - and imbue it with a sense of play and wonder. Ring Fit Adventure is that and then some, boasting all the inventiveness of last year's curio Labo and matching it with a video game that compels you to come back for more. This might not have the show-stopping pull of a Mario or Zelda, but I can guarantee that it's the purest Nintendo experience you'll play this year.

• Upvote 3

Back in stock / on sale again at £52 from the game collections ebay shop using the discount code POPULAR20.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ring-Fit-Adventure-Switch-PRE-ORDER-RELEASED-18-10-2019-NEW-AND-SEALED/401923715501?epid=20034686761&hash=item5d948531ad:g:oRoAAOSwaTtdi2~g

I'm too embarrassed to use / order such a thing and so of course one wasn't sent out to me last night and isn't currently tracking to be delivered tomorrow ;).  

• Upvote 6

I’ve just watched a couple of reviews on IGN and Gameexplain and both very positive so pre ordered with the eBay code, we still get some use out of Wii fit board so this could be the final nail in the Wii U and it’s stay under the telly! 

Anyone know if there is just some workout stuff in the Wii fit yoga/Pilates style?

22 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Back in stock / on sale again at £52 from the game collections ebay shop using the discount code POPULAR20.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ring-Fit-Adventure-Switch-PRE-ORDER-RELEASED-18-10-2019-NEW-AND-SEALED/401923715501?epid=20034686761&hash=item5d948531ad:g:oRoAAOSwaTtdi2~g

I'm too embarrassed to use / order such a thing and so of course one wasn't sent out to me last night and isn't currently tracking to be delivered tomorrow ;).  

Thanks for this post, just ordered!

3 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Anyone know if there is just some workout stuff in the Wii fit yoga/Pilates style?

The Eurogamer review talked about minigames that sounded pretty much like that, no idea how much depth there is to 'em.

4 hours ago, womble9 said:

Just ordered for £51.96 with the code and was accepted on ebay, then PayPal sent me a text asking if I had made a payment of £64.95. Very odd. 

It’s here! Nintendo’s packaging game continues to be peerless, the game box is even presented at a tasteful incline when you open the lid. Interested to see fine print explaining exactly what you need to play it on a Switch Lite.

The impressions i've read here & seen on Youtube seem to be mostly positive, so I think i'll jump in sometime soon.  I also get the distinct impression that if this does well, a sequel or upgraded version using the same device won't be far off.