rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Maniac Cop (Nicolas Winding Refn + HBO)

Nicolas Winding Refn is doing another TV show, for HBO and Canal+. Maniac Cop, with John Hyams. Both will be directing the series. They were originally developing it as a movie, but as they developed it, they wanted to explore the world in greater depth.

Set in Los Angeles, Maniac Cop is told through a kaleidoscope of characters, from cop to common criminal. A killer in uniform has uncaged mayhem upon the streets. Paranoia leads to social disorder as a city wrestles with the mystery of the exterminator in blue – is he mere mortal, or a supernatural force?

Refn calls it an unadulterated, action-packed horror odyssey.

• Upvote 5

So, 40mins of unnecessary pauses with characters not saying anything, 10 minutes worth of neon LA landscapes and 3-4 minutes of actual plot development each episode then.

Fuck yeah! Bring it on. Too Old To Die Young was the best thing I've seen all year so cannot wait to see this one. The title too 'Maniac Cop' hell yeah!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, MpM said:

So, 40mins of unnecessary pauses with characters not saying anything, 10 minutes worth of neon LA landscapes and 3-4 minutes of actual plot development each episode then.

Yeah, it's gonna be great!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Exidor said:

Episode 1 script already leaked.

Reveal hidden contents

Slow pan over a shiny patrol car parked under some neon lights. A figure sits in the driver's seat. His knuckles tighten on the wheel. (90 mins)

5 hours ago, MpM said:

I think I just creamed my pants.

Can’t wait. The single, solitary misstep of Too Old To Die Young was its rubbish title, so this should be perfection.

Although it’s a pity they aren’t going to make a sequel, they could have called it Two Old 2 Die Younger Part 2 - Rebirth.

3 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Can’t wait. The single, solitary misstep of Too Old To Die Young was its rubbish title, so this should be perfection.

Whenever the title appeared in slick neon font on the screen along with the Cliff Martinez score I got serious vibes, it was excellent! :)