IGNORED

Analogue Pocket - FPGA GB/GBC/GBA + More

Alexlotl

3 hours ago, FatOldGeek said:

This email to let people know what group they're in feels to be taking some time to arrive...

I feel like a modern day version of that TV advert with the kid watching out for the postman, but I'm waiting for the ping of a new email on my phone.

I’m curious to see if they split the groups up by order number or order total. Given the long wait time for groups B and C, if I were analogue, I’d fulfil larger orders with all the extras to secure that income. I’d bet, just due to time to put stuff in the basket, the first 10,000 orders are just for the pocket, anyone who added the extra stuff will have delayed their position slightly. So analogue will have a choice of fulfilling all the console only orders and have all the additional stock sat in the warehouse for another year, or get it shifted now and secure that income before people cancel. 

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Alshie said:

Sod that, email them on ukinvoicequery@fedex.com with this template - obviously change relevant bits to make it apply to your situation.

I've done it five or six times - including this week - and it always works, they tell you they've credited the invoice with the £12-odd, so you just pay the rest.

fed.png

4 minutes ago, ianinthefuture said:

Sod that, email them on ukinvoicequery@fedex.com with this template - obviously change relevant bits to make it apply to your situation.

I've done it five or six times - including this week - and it always works, they tell you they've credited the invoice with the £12-odd, so you just pay the rest.

fed.png

To be fair, reading that makes me wish I had claimed the back now 😂

The point about them factoring it in to costs is valid, maybe I’ve just got used to it. 

Oh well, paid now!

2 hours ago, erhgiez said:

I’m curious to see if they split the groups up by order number or order total. Given the long wait time for groups B and C, if I were analogue, I’d fulfil larger orders with all the extras to secure that income. I’d bet, just due to time to put stuff in the basket, the first 10,000 orders are just for the pocket, anyone who added the extra stuff will have delayed their position slightly. So analogue will have a choice of fulfilling all the console only orders and have all the additional stock sat in the warehouse for another year, or get it shifted now and secure that income before people cancel. 

Thoughts?

What you’re saying makes perfect business sense (to me anyway), but they did say they’d be fulfilling orders in a first come first served basis. I guess it depends on whether the benefit to them would outweigh the bad feeling it would generate. Personally I’d still happily wait but gamers are a notoriously angry entitled bunch. 

D67F02F2-6907-43D3-A615-D7123ED83B0E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tomdominer said:

I impulse purchased one of these after getting excited about the potential for portable snes sometime in the future.

How do I tell which "batch" my order is in? Just from the order number?

They’re sending everyone an email on Monday according to their Twitter account. 

1 hour ago, Tomdominer said:

I impulse purchased one of these after getting excited about the potential for portable snes sometime in the future.

How do I tell which "batch" my order is in? Just from the order number?

Until Monday...

I logged in at 08:00 (4:00pm) added to basket and had to wait about 4 minutes in the queue. Probably took more time than I should have double checking my address etc...)  My order time was 08:15 (4:15 our time), so not sure whether I'll be A or B. I did order the machine along with the doc, case etc...

image.png.d7e43bfb2572fc71807691b07c1dc547.png

Damn. A bit annoying as I was there at 4pm to the second, then lost the better part of 10 minutes thanks to their website refusing to let me add anything to the cart, but never mind.

(mine's an order number in the early 106,000s, for anyone wondering)

38 minutes ago, erhgiez said:

Group B, with order 101XXX

It seems that even as low as 91XXX is group B, so maybe they had only 5000 units or so for A. 

Yeah I’m in the 9’s and just got the Q4 2022 confirmation. 

Pretty gutted, but probably for the best that something so posh looking and obviously for me doesn’t turn up so close to Christmas. Only got a Series S last month too. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, watusi said:

Group B for me, I'm ok with that. Random impulse buy and by the time it arrives I will have forgotten what it cost!

I fear the import duty will give you something of a stark reminder ;)

12 hours ago, erhgiez said:

Group B, with order 101XXX

It seems that even as low as 91XXX is group B, so maybe they had only 5000 units or so for A. 

I think it's fairly clear Group A was cancelled orders from the first batch so that makes sense.

25 minutes ago, FatOldGeek said:

That’s what I’ve been thinking too. Which hopefully means they won’t mess about and will ship them pretty soon into the new year. 

I would hope so, my assumption is they're just waiting to see if any are needed to replace dead on arrival machines.