IGNORED

Analogue Pocket - FPGA GB/GBC/GBA + More

Alexlotl

11 hours ago, Major Britten said:

Ordered as soon as the site went live, must of taken 10 seconds to add everything I wanted to cart and hit check out, then was stuck in a queue for 3 minutes and got an order number of 974XX. 

Mine is in the range 10XXXX

Same experience as you. Got all items in my basket within 10 seconds then in a queue for 4 minutes

For those new, in general accessories "just work" with these things.  As mentioned the SMS for GG on the MegaSG (even though the GG itself is an adapter) and the Super GameBoy both both as well as they did on hardware.

Even a Mega CD on the SG.  Any SMS convertor you care to pick up on the Mega SG. J-Carts, Multitaps...

The only problem I really know of is the original powerbase convertor on the Mega Drive. And that's because its shape fouls the HDMI cable, same as the issues MLiG had.

I've been wanting one of these forever but with all the delays and the potential to have to wait till 2023 with my money sitting in Analogue's account, I decided to give this a miss.

Just too far away for a paid preorder and you don't know what the market will be like by then. Might as well put that money towards a Steam Deck.

👀

That was also my view but being able to refund at any time softened the blow.

I'm currently in two minds about cancelling after seeing a video of someone setting the console down and crashing the game. Tapping the cart in the slot seems to do it as well:

No other reviews I've seen mention this but it'll be really frustrating if Analogue have prioritised form over function again and let a loose cart slot compromise another one of their consoles. Going to see how prevalent this issue is before making a decision though. People on Discord are already talking about 3D printing braces for the cart slot, which is a ridiculous state of affairs.

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I thank you for my minor bumping up the queue.

Equally I didn't buy a Steam Deck just to help you out, you're welcome.

honestly, yeah, figured i might as well not clog it up for people who don't mind waiting. it took me forever to finally get the super nt and mega sg so eh lets see what next year brings.

55 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

That was also my view but being able to refund at any time softened the blow.

I'm currently in two minds about cancelling after seeing a video of someone setting the console down and crashing the game. Tapping the cart in the slot seems to do it as well

To be fair one of my DMGs is susceptible to this too.

11 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

I hope it's an isolated issue. Kevtris popped up to say he's had no problem with it but I'm going to pester a friend who should be receiving his this week.

Well he would say that as he works for the company. Admitting to a big issue would result in possible legal ramifications. Its the same with the jailbreak as they can't announce things officially in case it leads to liability/refunds.

2 hours ago, AceGrace said:

Mine is in the range 10XXXX

Same experience as you. Got all items in my basket within 10 seconds then in a queue for 4 minutes

Well apparently the order number range was 85XXX around last week, according to a member on era. So I’m probably going to just miss out on the 1st batch, assuming that they got around 10,000 units. But to be perfectly honest I don’t mind the wait, Ive got plenty of stuff to play and by the time I get mine the jailbreak should be out, Analogue OS will be finished and the dock will also likely be updated with everything thats missing at the moment :)

36 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Well he would say that as he works for the company. Admitting to a big issue would result in possible legal ramifications. Its the same with the jailbreak as they can't announce things officially in case it leads to liability/refunds.

He also didn't have to say anything at all, as he does for the "unofficial" firmware.

There's some weird passive-aggressiveness going on here!

Yes, each device has had a jailbreak - as made by Kevtris and distributed by Smokemonster - but that in no way 100% guarentees that it'll be there for the Pocket. I'm sure it will be though, but if there's been chat about the jailbreak coming, I don't see why the link to it can't be shared?

I can totally see the Jailbreak being a selling point, as you could then run everything off an SD card. Even for collectors of physical carts, they might want this or anyone for any reason! 

7 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

There's some weird passive-aggressiveness going on here!

Yes, each device has had a jailbreak - as made by Kevtris and distributed by Smokemonster - but that in no way 100% guarentees that it'll be there for the Pocket. I'm sure it will be though, but if there's been chat about the jailbreak coming, I don't see why the link to it can't be shared?

I can totally see the Jailbreak being a selling point, as you could then run everything off an SD card. Even for collectors of physical carts, they might want this or anyone for any reason! 

Agreed! From Lorf's original post on the topic I just thought something had been heard over the grapevine that I'd missed. Usually I wouldn't doubt the release of unofficial firmware but with Analogue OS being a new platform and so many options not being available at launch, it wouldn't surprise me if it was either delayed or simply didn't appear. I have a lot of original carts that I'd like to use (particularly if the sleep feature remains incompatible with Everdrives) but SD loading would an ideal compromise if it becomes available.

2 minutes ago, strider said:

Nick's been testing it and he had to give the cart a really hard blow in order to achieve the same effect.

Really appreciate this. Pre-order uncancelled! :lol: