rllmuk
robdood

Inktober 2019

I've never joined in with this before, but am doing so this year to help motivate the mrs & stepdaughter... Prompts:

2019promptlist.png

Seeing last year's thread, @Sidewaysbob smashed it pretty hard!  Hope you're into it again this year, man!

• Upvote 2

I've decided to set myself a 15 min timelimit each day, here's my day 1, 'Ring':

At nearly 40 years of age, I still hate drawing hands.  :(

• Upvote 4

I'm having to do today's at lunchtime, as i've got important son school things tonight.

The urge to just knock something out rather then just prep it for the ink later is strong. Must resist :blink:

#inktober2019 day 3 - Bait. Today we have our first female superhero Power Girl, first published in  DCs all Star comics in1978 and I think we can all see that 70s influence. Created by Gerry Conway, Ric Estrada and Wally Wood, Power Girl is the cousin of

#inktober2019 day 3 - Bait. Today we have our first female superhero Power Girl, first published in  DCs all Star comics in1978 and I think we can all see that 70s influence.
Created by Gerry Conway, Ric Estrada and Wally Wood, Power Girl is the cousin of superman from an alternative universe, and got stranded on earth 1. Rather unsurprisingly, there is an awful lot of power girl fan fiction out there. Mostly aimed at adolescent boys I'm guessing.

• Upvote 4

Almost ran out of time to do mine tonight, been busy! 

This one was a bit weird as I basically did a bit of life drawing / portraiting which I've never done before.  I'm not entirely happy with it but it is what it is! Slightly over my 15 mins.. 

IMG_20191003_230526.thumb.jpg.6aece5a74023e1616dec747a3aeb5360.jpg

• Upvote 3

#inktober2019 day 4 - freeze. Today its the turn of our first super villain Mr Freeze.

#inktober2019 day 4 - freeze. Today its the turn of our first villain, Dr Victor Fries aka Mr Freeze. First published by DC in Batman #121 as Mr Zero he was later renamed Mr Freeze and given a back story. A scientist trying to save his wife by cryogenically freezing her but an accident in the lab turns the good doctor into a reluctant villain, striving to save himself and his wife.

Famously, the character was played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 1997 film Batman and Robin. Thankfully Arnold did not feel the need to return in any Batman sequel.

• Upvote 6

I've missed a few days, I may catch up, I may not.

Mines a very quick and very rough scribble if a NYC cop catching the guy from The Scream up to no good

• Upvote 2

Last nights was very rough and I couldn't find my nice pens. 

Anyway, today's prompt is "build". So I've gone with a few panels from a Gunpla kit (not that you'd recognise it as such)

• Upvote 2

inktober2019 day 5 - build. Its everyone's favourite military industrialist Tony stark and his Iron Man.

#inktober2019 day 5 - build. Its everyone's favourite military industrialist Tony stark and his Iron Man.

The character was co-created by writer and editor Stan Lee , developed by scripter Larry Lieber, and designed by artists Don Heck and Jack Kirby. The character made his first appearance in Tales of Suspense #39 (cover dated March 1963), and received his own title in Iron Man #1 (May 1968)

Arguably Stark and Iron Man have become the face of Marvel and its film universe. More than captain Americas boy scout moral core, stark is a true representation of America today. Money is power and might is right.

• Upvote 3

Gonna try a dip in and out following the prompt list but probably on weekends, big admiration for you lot doing one a day!

Here’s ‘build’.

9BACF51E-1F2F-4C94-9DBD-54A220EFFB20.thumb.jpeg.d5881049478ec163ff91804129e79f6d.jpeg

And ‘Husky’ cos I’ve never drawn a dog before!

1BC75E56-7ACA-47DD-A855-B0208D8B455E.thumb.jpeg.901899c45ba8d14e6b3565f0783b72a0.jpeg

• Upvote 5

I've pretty much given up on this. Last week was a nightmare and I got too drunk on Saturday to be functional Sunday and this week isn't shaping up much better.

It sounds bizarre to say 'I haven't got time to draw' but I know anything I do in the tiny amount of time I do have would make me want to shove my thumbs in my eyes as penance. Because I'm a mediocre perfectionist.

Day 8 Frail - Mr Glass. 

Yeah I know it's not a comic book character, but he works in a comic book shop and sells comic art. Also it's my rules so I can do what I like :D

#inktober2019 day 8 - Frail: Mr Glass

• Upvote 3