IGNORED

Spitting Image again

JohnC

4 hours ago, sid said:

obvs

but we paid for it by submitting to their advertising and buying the subsequent goods.

it’s a British show , should be free for brits. By all means sell it to the yanks.

No, you just didn't pay anything for it. Are you paying for the stuff you watch on Youtube too, since they have ads?

• 9 months later...

I doubt I will be giving Britbox my money to watch the second series.

20210724_234318.jpg.8e6dd6929c71322b728f1a0170f39e0e.jpg

Note that the photo of Rashford on the left does not feature a big nose or large lips. The 'angry black man' look, used for the promo shot on the right, is another common racist trope that seems to have somehow found its way in.

15 minutes ago, BossSaru said:

I doubt I will be giving Britbox my money to watch the second series.

20210724_234318.jpg.8e6dd6929c71322b728f1a0170f39e0e.jpg

Note that the photo of Rashford on the left does not feature a big nose or large lips. The 'angry black man' look, used for the promo shot on the right, is another common racist trope that seems to have somehow found its way in.

Holy fucking shit!

They even did US videogame 'angry' look.

Aside from the swarthy look, which is totally inaccurate, look at the fingers, set in a Californian tech-guru, preachy cunt pose. An utter fucking disgrace.

• 1 month later...

Don't ask me why but I just watched the first episode of series 2 on Britbox. It's just a s shite as the first, but that's no surprise. Some limp gags about NI rise, Meghan and Prince Harry, mild chuckle seeing James Corden getting his head smashed against a door. Song with Kamala Harris and Prince Charles dreaming about a total attack of the heart. And there you go, just as limp and moderate, probably more US-centric as the last series too. Maybe they've given up on the UK now.

• 2 months later...