SM47

The only upside to it being on Switch is that it means they most likely have addressed some of the tiny UI text (especially item labels), which bodes well for a Deck-optimised version down the road.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/08/2021 at 01:01, jonamok said:

The only upside to it being on Switch is that it means they most likely have addressed some of the tiny UI text (especially item labels), which bodes well for a Deck-optimised version down the road.

There have been significant UI changes on the PS4, I think.

On 30/08/2021 at 22:01, three1ne said:

I'm looking forward to playing this when I get time. I'm assuming this runs like a piece of shit on the Switch and it's a nobrainer to go PC with mouse and keyboard? 

It doesn't require an especially beefy pc but I would have worries about text and small details in the environment on the switch screen (especially the lite).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Today!

Is this on GamePass or not? Some websites seem to say yes but it's not showing for me when I search for it.

Really wanna play it but will be annoyed if I buy it for £34 now and then it shows up as free tomorrow.

Wait what?! Oh fuck, no no no that's actually unfair if so.

I've just spent €35 rewards points towards the game. Been playing it all night but as someone who bought THREE YEARS of gamepass I obviously would have put the towards something else if I'd known.

Is it confirmed it comes to Game Pass? If so, can I get a refund??

Fuck I LOVE the game I've burst out laughing multiple times at the dialogue but this will sour it if I've spent money when I didn't need to :(

31 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Wait what?! Oh fuck, no no no that's actually unfair if so.

I've just spent €35 rewards points towards the game. Been playing it all night but as someone who bought THREE YEARS of gamepass I obviously would have put the towards something else if I'd known.

Is it confirmed it comes to Game Pass? If so, can I get a refund??

Fuck I LOVE the game I've burst out laughing multiple times at the dialogue but this will sour it if I've spent money when I didn't need to :(

Ignoring your plight for a second, what’s it like with a controller? Or are you playing on PC? I’m guessing not as you could have got it cheaper than that there. 

40 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Ignoring your plight for a second, what’s it like with a controller? Or are you playing on PC? I’m guessing not as you could have got it cheaper than that there. 

It's fine I think? I really have nothing to compare it to, to be honest. 

I was gonna get it for the Switch but realised I could get a chunk off on the Xbox.

But all jokes aside - fucking hell. This game is something, isn't it?? I have been playing Metroid Dread thinking it's the nicest thing I have played all year and then Disco Elysium comes along and changes that within the first 10 minutes. Mental.

Also, that soundtrack what the fuck?! Is that British Sea Power? I remember one song from them - Carrion - from an obscure Jools Holland episide and it's always stuck with me. That same band made this wonderful, incredible soundtrack?? Amazing.

I am almost tempted to write off my anger if it comes to Game Pass cause this game is so, so, SO fucking good. 

7 hours ago, Simmy said:

It's fine I think? I really have nothing to compare it to, to be honest. 

I was gonna get it for the Switch but realised I could get a chunk off on the Xbox.

But all jokes aside - fucking hell. This game is something, isn't it?? I have been playing Metroid Dread thinking it's the nicest thing I have played all year and then Disco Elysium comes along and changes that within the first 10 minutes. Mental.

Also, that soundtrack what the fuck?! Is that British Sea Power? I remember one song from them - Carrion - from an obscure Jools Holland episide and it's always stuck with me. That same band made this wonderful, incredible soundtrack?? Amazing.

I am almost tempted to write off my anger if it comes to Game Pass cause this game is so, so, SO fucking good. 

I didn’t realise BSP made music for this, they’re truly one of the most underrated bands this country has ever produced. Is it instrumental or do they sing? 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

I didn’t realise BSP made music for this, they’re truly one of the most underrated bands this country has ever produced. Is it instrumental or do they sing? 

No it doesn't.

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut – October 12 – Optimized for Xbox Series X|S

Intimidate, sweettalk, resort to violence, write poetry, sing karaoke, dance like a beast, or solve the meaning of life. Disco Elysium is the most faithful representation of desktop role playing ever attempted in video games.

Love the art style. Very Bill Sienkiewicz.

It's not on GamePass and @Simmy I presume you bought 3 years of Gold and converted for £1. So it's pretty fair. 

sienkiewicz2.jpg

FWIW, it has never ever happened that a game that launches on game pass day one, is available earlier in the store in exchange for dat money before it appears in the game pass section.

So the above scenario, where you buy the game and it shows up on game pass hours or days later, will (should) never happen. If you see a game day one in the store and it doesn't say "install with game pass" then it's not launching on game pass day one. 

Okay brb off to buy Disco Elysium y'all

Xbox or Switch, that's the question. Portability is obviously a massive factor for a long form, slow burning RPG like this but I've been burned before (Pillars of Eternity...) with poor ports with no recourse for refunding. I've also got a bunch of Reward Points I can use on Xbox. First world problems are a bitch.

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Whether it's on Game Pass or not, by the end you'll want to throw money at the devs.

Been there. I've bought all the Yakuza on Xbox despite them being on GP and despite having bought all of them on PlayStation also. I just love those games so much.

High hopes and expectations for DE! Everything I've heard makes it sound like *exactly* my kind if game.

DE has been purchased and is downloading :omg:

8 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Is the switch version fully voice acted? Just wondering as it will make it easier for me to play with vision issues

It should be if it's The Final Cut. The PS version had an occasional glitch where it wouldn't play voiced conversations, but I assume those have all been fixed by now. Worth to note: the observational markers can trigger texts which are not voiced. All conversations are though.

3 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

No it doesn't.

Love the art style. Very Bill Sienkiewicz.

It's not on GamePass and @Simmy I presume you bought 3 years of Gold and converted for £1. So it's pretty fair. 

Oh it's totally fair - sorry maybe wrote it wrong - I would have felt absolutely cheated if it was purchasable at full price only to appear on Game Pass moments later (as was being hinted at) but all fine.