Jump to content

House of the Dragon - Game of Thrones prequel


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Boothjan said:

The Fire and Blood book I got is ace.

 

I'm in.

Okay, as someone who hasn't read the books but suffered through the last few seasons of the original tv show, I gotta ask: is that an actually finished book that is really finished for real with a proper ending and everything?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Okay, as someone who hasn't read the books but suffered through the last few seasons of the original tv show, I gotta ask: is that an actually finished book that is really finished for real with a proper ending and everything?

 

It's essentially a history book about some of the first Targaryan monarchs. So a very different style to the main ASOIAF novels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

Okay, as someone who hasn't read the books but suffered through the last few seasons of the original tv show, I gotta ask: is that an actually finished book that is really finished for real with a proper ending and everything?

 

It's more of a history book than a novel. So the history of who killed who is all set and decided.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Delargey said:

 

It's more of a history book than a novel. So the history of who killed who is all set and decided.

Oh god. Oh god. So the tv show writers have to think up all the characterization and dialogue themselves?! Jesus.

 

Edit: to clarify that I'm not just being negative for the sake of it - the tv show writers having only a few big events to go on and being forced to actually write decent dialogue and convincing characterization entirely by themselves, was exactly what went wrong will the main show. I hope this is not shit, but for now we have zero evidence pointing to the contrary. We shall see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Oh god. Oh god. So the tv show writers have to think up all the characterization and dialogue themselves?! Jesus.

 

Edit: to clarify that I'm not just being negative for the sake of it - the tv show writers having only a few big events to go on and being forced to actually write decent dialogue and convincing characterization entirely by themselves, was exactly what went wrong will the main show. I hope this is not shit, but for now we have zero evidence pointing to the contrary. We shall see.

 

The characters are very loosely drawn, you get a sense of them but not the depth of A Song of Ice and Fire. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
7 hours ago, JohnC said:

Starring Paddy Considine as King Viserys Targaryen.

 

I can live with that.

 

I really couldn't see him as all that terrifying but for some reason I was confusing him with Paddy McGuinness. :facepalm:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.