Jump to content
rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Fire and Blood (title TBC) - Second Game of Thrones prequel

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Boothjan said:

The Fire and Blood book I got is ace.

 

I'm in.

Okay, as someone who hasn't read the books but suffered through the last few seasons of the original tv show, I gotta ask: is that an actually finished book that is really finished for real with a proper ending and everything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Okay, as someone who hasn't read the books but suffered through the last few seasons of the original tv show, I gotta ask: is that an actually finished book that is really finished for real with a proper ending and everything?

 

It's essentially a history book about some of the first Targaryan monarchs. So a very different style to the main ASOIAF novels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

Okay, as someone who hasn't read the books but suffered through the last few seasons of the original tv show, I gotta ask: is that an actually finished book that is really finished for real with a proper ending and everything?

 

It's more of a history book than a novel. So the history of who killed who is all set and decided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Delargey said:

 

It's more of a history book than a novel. So the history of who killed who is all set and decided.

 

"Now let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Delargey said:

 

It's more of a history book than a novel. So the history of who killed who is all set and decided.

Oh god. Oh god. So the tv show writers have to think up all the characterization and dialogue themselves?! Jesus.

 

Edit: to clarify that I'm not just being negative for the sake of it - the tv show writers having only a few big events to go on and being forced to actually write decent dialogue and convincing characterization entirely by themselves, was exactly what went wrong will the main show. I hope this is not shit, but for now we have zero evidence pointing to the contrary. We shall see.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Oh god. Oh god. So the tv show writers have to think up all the characterization and dialogue themselves?! Jesus.

 

Edit: to clarify that I'm not just being negative for the sake of it - the tv show writers having only a few big events to go on and being forced to actually write decent dialogue and convincing characterization entirely by themselves, was exactly what went wrong will the main show. I hope this is not shit, but for now we have zero evidence pointing to the contrary. We shall see.

 

The characters are very loosely drawn, you get a sense of them but not the depth of A Song of Ice and Fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.