rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Fire and Blood (title TBC) - Second Game of Thrones prequel

7 hours ago, Boothjan said:

The Fire and Blood book I got is ace.

I'm in.

Okay, as someone who hasn't read the books but suffered through the last few seasons of the original tv show, I gotta ask: is that an actually finished book that is really finished for real with a proper ending and everything?

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Okay, as someone who hasn't read the books but suffered through the last few seasons of the original tv show, I gotta ask: is that an actually finished book that is really finished for real with a proper ending and everything?

It's essentially a history book about some of the first Targaryan monarchs. So a very different style to the main ASOIAF novels.

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

It's more of a history book than a novel. So the history of who killed who is all set and decided.

Just now, Delargey said:

It's more of a history book than a novel. So the history of who killed who is all set and decided.

"Now let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..." 

12 minutes ago, Delargey said:

Oh god. Oh god. So the tv show writers have to think up all the characterization and dialogue themselves?! Jesus.

Edit: to clarify that I'm not just being negative for the sake of it - the tv show writers having only a few big events to go on and being forced to actually write decent dialogue and convincing characterization entirely by themselves, was exactly what went wrong will the main show. I hope this is not shit, but for now we have zero evidence pointing to the contrary. We shall see.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Oh god. Oh god. So the tv show writers have to think up all the characterization and dialogue themselves?! Jesus.

Edit: to clarify that I'm not just being negative for the sake of it - the tv show writers having only a few big events to go on and being forced to actually write decent dialogue and convincing characterization entirely by themselves, was exactly what went wrong will the main show. I hope this is not shit, but for now we have zero evidence pointing to the contrary. We shall see.

The characters are very loosely drawn, you get a sense of them but not the depth of A Song of Ice and Fire.