Apple Arcade

My free month just ended and I've decided to keep subbing. Really nice curation of games and I'd only managed to play a few during my trial. Just noticed the conversation above about controllers and although I have myriad options I've been connecting my 8Bit Do SN30 Pro exclusively. Works a charm.

Will deffo give that Skate game above a go now.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jonny5 said:

Is this still being updated with new games?  Seems to have gone rather quiet in here.

Often of quite good quality - a monsters expedition, for example, was very good.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/10/2020 at 14:28, footle said:

Often of quite good quality - a monsters expedition, for example, was very good.

I do think it’s a good service and it’s a shame it does not seem to have gotten much traction. They’re offering 3 months with every new iPhone now and there’s that big hitter that’s day and date release with PS5 (can’t remember the name) so they’re clearly hoping people start using it. 

I would say it’s had 5-6 really good games and 20+ good ones. With a bunch of other stuff that may be your thing. For a fiver a month I’m happy to carry on subbing. 

I think for a lot of gamers they just don’t like playing games on their phone any more. Though saying that I’ve been enjoying playing some on my Mac as well like beyond a steel sky and tangle towers. They’re great on the bigger screen in full res. 

Yep I have given up playing games on my phone. I used to have a few installed like Mini Metro, Clash Royale & Lost Cities but all have been deleted now. Just play on the iPad now.

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

Yep I have given up playing games on my phone. I used to have a few installed like Mini Metro, Clash Royale & Lost Cities but all have been deleted now. Just play on the iPad now.

i suppose apple don’t mind if where you play as long as you subscribe. No wonder they don’t want Xbox live on there!