rllmuk
anewman

Apple Arcade

Like, we were looking for a 4 player local multiplayer game. There is one, a side on speedball 2 x rocket league type game. 

There is Pac-Man battle royale but get this, because this is peak Apple not wanting to actually do games: you cannot do local multiplayer, you need another Apple device for each player. Fine, get my iPhone X out, another £1000 Device. Does it connect? Does it FUCK because both the iPad and iPhone are mine and have the same Gamecenter ID. Jesus Christ. 

• Upvote 5
  • Empathy 1

22 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

MRcQim7.jpg

This is what I’ve got so far. 

Any glaring omissions? And anything here that a pad is pretty vital for?

Get Neo Cab. Apparently you definitely need a pad for Sayonara.

• Upvote 1

I haven’t played anything on this for a months or so. When I look at my downloaded games or the arcade store I get completely overwhelmed with too much choice that I just can’t be bothered and browse the internet instead. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bobbi Champagne Jr said:

I enjoy Mini Motorways, it's really relaxing until it all goes to shit :lol:

I stopped playing because it was broken. Often you'd need cars and there literally weren't any. They "fixed" it once which helped with car pathfinding, but unless they've fixed the lack of cars recently I can't see it being playable :(

If you jump and then immediately use the power up, it will be much more effective. Roll your thumb from the jump button to the power up button rather than leaving a gap.

The same works for the helicopter too, if you jump and immediately use it you will go much further, as you don't lose any of the vertical acceleration when you use the item.

Yeah, I know that. But it still wasnt high enough. After two hours of trying I managed to fluke it somehow - then higher up I fell off and triggered the first checkpoint again on the way down so had to do it again! So annoying.

Forgive the unclipped nature of this, I have run out of storage and cannot be bothered to fix it right now.

The trick is using the power up immediately after jumping - in your video you've got a good 0.5sec in between the jump and the usage, which means you lose a lot of the boost.

Quite disappointed with Mini Motorways, not just because it's the sequel of a much better game, but as a city building enthusiast I could feel what could have been a good game in it.

The main problems are: traffic lights are useless, you don't get enough motorways, and there's not even a limited ability to move buildings or at-least change the entrance/exit of the warehouses/malls whatever they are. Meaning that the game time is very limited and to 'win' you need to partition colours off into isolated groups, meaning that it's not really a city building game anymore but a puzzle.

I won’t play anything on my Mac Mini, my MacBook Pro is for work only and I don’t have an Apple TV. I’ve got an iPad and an iPhone but also take my Switch everywhere. Is Apple Arcade basically pointless for me?

16 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

I won’t play anything on my Mac Mini, my MacBook Pro is for work only and I don’t have an Apple TV. I’ve got an iPad and an iPhone but also take my Switch everywhere. Is Apple Arcade basically pointless for me?

Well there are games you can’t play on Switch on your phone/iPad but not anywhere near the quality and you need a controller for some games really. It’s free for a month so give it a try.

• Upvote 1