rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Eagle Lord

Carnival Row (Amazon Prime TV Show) Orlando Bloom & Cara Delevingne OUT NOW!

Storyline

Orlando Bloom and Cara Delevingne star in "Carnival Row," a Victorian fantasy world filled with mythological immigrant creatures whose rich homelands were invaded by the empires of man. This growing immigrant population struggles to coexist with humans in the grimiest section of the city -- forbidden to live, love, or fly with freedom. But even in darkness, hope lives, as a human detective, Rycroft Philostrate, and a refugee faerie named Vignette Stonemoss rekindle a dangerous affair despite an increasingly intolerant society. Vignette harbors a secret that endangers Philo's standing during his most important case yet: a string of gruesome murders threatening the uneasy peace of the Row. As Philo investigates, he reveals a monster no one could imagine.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489974/

I've just done all eight episodes today and although at the beginning I found it somewhat predictable and frustrating in places it an enjoyable watch with some great fantasy creatures. 

And surprisingly Cara is pretty decent in it, which is shocking in itself.

Be interested in hearing others thoughts on it. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, sandman said:

2 episodes in and it's excellent so far.

Ive never got the hate for Bloom so didn't have a problem with him. Also, Jared fucking Harris.

Just when I thought I was out...

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, sandman said:

2 episodes in and it's excellent so far.

Ive never got the hate for Bloom so didn't have a problem with him. Also, Jared fucking Harris.

He's actually pretty good in this. I'm 2 eps in too, enjoying it so far, the writing isn't *quite* there but it's a good watch.

9 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Right. So this is Bright but in 19 century London, yeah? 

Yeah, pretty much. They do a slightly better job at the world building though.

It reminded me of Year of The Rabbit too, which probably isn't a good thing but I'm a sucker for this type of stuff.

2 hours ago, Delargey said:

It reminded me of Year of The Rabbit too, which probably isn't a good thing but I'm a sucker for this type of stuff.

He's got the taste!

• Upvote 1

Is anyone finding this show to be too dark? I don't mean in terms of tone, I mean more in the sense that each episode has maybe two scenes where I can see what's happening and the rest may as well be a fucking radio play. It's actually really putting me off watching through it.

Same here. I thought there was a problem with my TV. I tried adjusting the brightness, but could still see little detail. I quit watching before the end of the first episode.

There is a fair bit of parlour chat in this which isn't generally to my taste. But I thought that dedicating episode 3 to back story was a reasonably good idea rather than drip feeding it throughout the series as is tradition.