rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Gizamaluke

Blair Witch - Xbox One and PC

Hearing it is suffering from performance issues on both PC and Xbox which sucks. Seeing as it is free on Gamepass might just give it a go anyway

30 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Layers of Fear ran like shit on console too as I recall. 

True and I enjoyed the hell out of that regardless.

1 hour ago, Jg15 said:

Hearing it is suffering from performance issues on both PC and Xbox which sucks. Seeing as it is free on Gamepass might just give it a go anyway

Downloaded it on PC and I can't even enter the settings...getting under 60fps on a 3800x and 2070 OC super.

They've just pushed the first patch on Steam; not sure how long it'll take to hit Gamepass. It's running fine on my modest setup after upping the sensitivity and expanding the FOV but there appear to be a lot of issues out there.

I'm on chapter 4, I'm liking it although did spend a little too long getting lost near the beginning. Had a weird glitch where the dog just disappeared whilst I was looking at him which was kinda funny.

Just finished it a first time, I thought it was a great experience. Plenty of stuff to look out for another time. Reminded me a lot of the Silent Hill games, but without being derivative.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

I'm on chapter 4, I'm liking it although did spend a little too long getting lost near the beginning. Had a weird glitch where the dog just disappeared whilst I was looking at him which was kinda funny.

It's in the bush in front of the truck.

Mine is stuck and won't leave the vines.

Apparently it's a known glitch, and mine is in the save loop of doom so i think this is my play through of the game done as i don't think i can start this again from the beginning and go through all that again. 

Why choose a breed of dog that’s the same colour as the woods. Christ, I would’ve lent them my Labrador for nowt and they could’ve scanned his yellow colours in to make the dog easier to see.

Apart from that annoying problem this is great and actually scary in places. 

Pretty atmospheric stuff but I'd love it to get a performance update. Seems to be the norm for these pastoral walking sims, the stuttering makes me feel a bit queasy in first person. 

Sound design is excellent, though. Really intense moments with headphones. 

It's ok. Some really nice ideas but nothing seems fully developed. Has a weird echo of Hellblade at times with the voices etc. The camcorder puzzle mechanics are too infrequent and there's just a lack of polish overall. Pretty short too but not sure if I can be bothered trying to get a different ending or find more collectables. Played many worse but it's a bit meh.

21 hours ago, earlymodernsteve said:

It's ok. Some really nice ideas but nothing seems fully developed. Has a weird echo of Hellblade at times with the voices etc. The camcorder puzzle mechanics are too infrequent and there's just a lack of polish overall. Pretty short too but not sure if I can be bothered trying to get a different ending or find more collectables. Played many worse but it's a bit meh.

I would say this is the most polished game of theirs that I have played

Enjoying this so far even if it is a bit janky. Absolutely shat myself on a few occasions. 

Whats with the performance in that opening section? You only play it for 5 mins tops bu it nearly caused me to uninstall. Thankfully its not too bad and im 2 hours in.

Also, its the first game that causes my XB1X to sound like a jet engine. What the fuck is going on?

Played half hour of this last night for the first time as I noticed it had been patched so thought that they might have solved performance issues. Guess what, terrible choppy slowdown at the start of the game, but it did get better as I got into it (or maybe I got used to it).

Massively atmospheric, would be perfect for Halloween although I haven't encountered any "monsters" as such yet. I do like how there appear to be several routes to take in the forest. Bullet is cool too, defintely keeping him by my side.

Played a few hours of this and while it's really atmospheric it can be a little dull in places (sawmill section is one bit that almost had me switching off). 

Found a few bugs as well but think I'm quite near the end so may see it through.