rllmuk
Monkeyboy

Unintentionally hilarious moments in film

Every scene in Bulletproof Monk doesn't work, but this one sticks in my memory as being particularly amazing

My main memory of seeing Attack of the Clones opening weekend is the entire Leicester Square Odeon pissing themselves laughing at this sequence

The same thing happened here (although I'm sure in the original she just sits up and says "Yes", which is what set everyone off - they seem to have ADR'd over that for whatever release this is ripped from)

• Upvote 1

On 21/09/2019 at 23:04, Fierce Poodle said:

I mean, pretty much this entire movie qualifies, but particularly Dustin Hoffman’s line at 1:38.

:lol:  That is amazing.

My wife and I started watching The Fugitive last night. I loved it when I was younger and she’d never seen it. All was fine until we got to this bit:

D21D3583-C16A-4693-A6F2-B1011B84F02A.gif.4d9eb7ac6c10718d98302d13ab92f27d.gif

And out of nowhere we laughed so hard we couldn’t breathe for about five minutes and had to turn it off. 

• Upvote 3

On 21/09/2019 at 23:04, Fierce Poodle said:

I mean, pretty much this entire movie qualifies, but particularly Dustin Hoffman’s line at 1:38.

Sorry to quote myself, but this seems particularly prescient at this time.

@Nick R Amazing, I’ll have a look! I listened to an episode of the Rewatchables podcast the other day, which made me want to see it again. That’s also recommended :)

23 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Sorry to quote myself, but this seems particularly prescient at this time.

All we need to do is find the bloody monkey then and all this goes away.:omg:

I've only seen Attack Of The Clones once back when it was released, but still my over-riding memory of it is the utter ridiculousness of the first scene here. I mean there are lots of reasons it's shockingly piss-poor, but it's the very start that made me burst out laughing. "Here your highness - have a whole raw space pear, and a set of cutlery - tuck in!"

• Upvote 2

Another one. GoldenEye. I'm sure this is meant to look really cool, but what was Pierce Brosnan thinking when he opened that sliding door? Always makes me laugh.

• Upvote 3

It looks like that's his fiftieth attempt and every previous time the door stuck.

On 21/09/2019 at 12:11, Garibaldi said:

Had to bump this when I realised no-one had mentioned the best one. 

Never seen this thread before. Popped in to see if this was here, I burst out laughing at this in the cinema everyone turned to look at me and my GF at the time had to try and calm me down. One of the funniest this in a movie. 

I don't know why they edited this with the little cut to the face reveal. Every single time I expect her to yell "THIS ISN'T MY BABY!"