IGNORED

Obi-Wan Series - Friday 27th May

Nimmel

23 hours ago, FishyFish said:

It's probably because "reasons".

Don't forget that (spoilers for TPM, Rebels, ROTS, and TBOBF just in case someone has never watched them)...

Hide contents

Anakin Skywalker had his arms and legs burnt off by lava and survived.

Incorrect. Obi-wan took Anakin's three remaining limbs off with one particularly brutal lightsaber swipe. Then Anakin burnt up.

5 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Incorrect. Obi-wan took Anakin's three remaining limbs off with one particularly brutal lightsaber swipe. Then Anakin burnt up.

The point remains, m'lud.

45 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

The point remains, m'lud.

@Jg15is right though - this is set before Rebels in the timeline, so no mystery as to why the Grand Inquisitor is intact in this.

2 minutes ago, Jammy said:

@Jg15is right though - this is set before Rebels in the timeline, so no mystery as to why the Grand Inquisitor is intact in this.

Yes, but the original question was about...

Spoiler

how can he be killed by Kanan in Rebels if he's just been killed in this? Hence the likelihood that he will survive the lightsabre stabbage here.

On 28/08/2019 at 08:13, Hanzo the Razor said:

I hope it shows what he's been doing with the Sand People that makes them shit their strides at the sight of him.

Accidentally clicked front page and saw this - I can actually answer it. In the original book of the film, it says he’s doing the call of a Krayt Dragon, and that’s what scares them off (in the film there’s that weird noise just before he appears).

3 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

Yes, but the original question was about...

Hide contents

how can he be killed by Kanan in Rebels if he's just been killed in this? Hence the likelihood that he will survive the lightsabre stabbage here.

Ahhhh, apologies Fishy, I missed that bit :)

Maybe he’s a clone or some bullshit.

The thing that genuinely boggles me is the idea of that scene being looked at in dailies, or the screening room, and people saying "Yep, that's fine. That's fine to place in front of one of the most rabid and unforgiving fandoms in the world".

This isn't nitpicking either, or dramatically elevating minor duff moments into The Worst Evah stuff. It's objectively inept.

48 minutes ago, probotector said:

ngl, I was watching I’m the chase and assumed they made it that bad on purpose.

The alien that falls over must have done it like that on purpose…?

All probably forgot the stun setting on their blasters. 

1 hour ago, yakumo said:

Also seeing that clone made me sad.

That was a lovely (sad) moment. Was it Temuera? I was hoping he would get roped into helping Ben but now he’s left the planet I guess he probably won’t.

The worst thing about part 2 was when

Spoiler

Ben broke into Leia’s cell and DIDN’T say “I’m Ben Kenobi, I’m here to rescue you!” Come on scriptwriters, it was right there!

1 minute ago, Darren said:

That was a lovely (sad) moment. Was it Temuera? I was hoping he would get roped into helping Ben but now he’s left the planet I guess he probably won’t.

The worst thing about part 2 was when

Hide contents

Ben broke into Leia’s cell and DIDN’T say “I’m Ben Kenobi, I’m here to rescue you!” Come on scriptwriters, it was right there!

Yeah it was him.

As for the moment, I think its become such a meme that they're tying to avoid it. This is sad broken Obi after all.

Well, I’ve watched the first two eps, and I’ve really enjoyed it. The forest chase was embarrassing, but other than that there’s been nothing that broke me out of the moment.

Was that Taika Waititi or a low rent version in ep 2? Either way, I quite liked that character.

17 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Well, I’ve watched the first two eps, and I’ve really enjoyed it. The forest chase was embarrassing, but other than that there’s been nothing that broke me out of the moment.

Was that Taika Waititi or a low rent version in ep 2? Either way, I quite liked that character.

Spoiler

Do you mean Temura Morrison (Boba Fett/clones etc)?

If so, yes it was him.

Spoiler

I was glad that he was already just going by Ben when this started as I feared we'd get some dumb Solo style explanation for why he chose that name.

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Waititi wasn’t in it. I’m not sure which character you refer to. Was it

Hide contents

the fake Jedi? That was Kumail Nanjiani.

Cool, thanks for that.

Spoiler

I liked that he did actually turn out to be not all bad. I had assumed at first that it was a totally cynical sting, that once he’d got people’s money he was actually sending them straight into the hands of the imps.

Though why on earth he decided to go toe to toe with an inquisitor I can’t fathom. I did like his “That wasn’t magnets” quip mind :lol:

40 minutes ago, Harsin said:
  Hide contents

I was glad that he was already just going by Ben when this started as I feared we'd get some dumb Solo style explanation for why he chose that name.

Spoiler

I don’t think there’s an explanation for it but there’s a Clone Wars arc where he’s undercover and chooses the name Ben, for what we assume is the first time.

On holiday with a couple of mates who hadnt seen it, so I've just seen episode 1 and 2 again. I think the little lassie playing Leia is really quite good.

6 hours ago, Jammy said:

Accidentally clicked front page and saw this - I can actually answer it. In the original book of the film, it says he’s doing the call of a Krayt Dragon, and that’s what scares them off (in the film there’s that weird noise just before he appears).

I thought everybody knew that. They even changed the sound of the call for the special editions.

5 minutes ago, probotector said:

Why though? Order 66 means he probably killed a fair few Jedi?

The clones didn’t have free will did they, they were hard wired to obey order 66 regardless of whether they were decent sorts or not. And the scene showed that they were discarded by the empire once they’d served their purpose.