rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nimmel

Obi-Wan Series - Ewan McGregor stars

8 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Obi-wan wasn't disillusioned like Luke became though. He was hiding out on Tatooine watching over Luke and learning even more mad Force shit from Qui-gon.

That's a good point, I would love to see Force ghost Qui Gon teaching Kenobi or offering sage advice here and there throughout the series. He ultimately has to teach him how to become one with the Force at the very least.

1 hour ago, Jg15 said:

That's a good point, I would love to see Force ghost Qui Gon teaching Kenobi or offering sage advice here and there throughout the series. He ultimately has to teach him how to become one with the Force at the very least.

He was supposed to appear to Yoda in ROTS. It was in the script but never filmed. It ended up just being insinuated that he had appeared to Yoda just before Bail Organa, rather rudely, interrupted Yoda's meditation.

Christ the force ghost stuff was so bad in the prequels.

George Lucas kept wanking on about how they he was going to reveal some great secret about force ghosts and how they work as if it was always some great mystery. Personally I always just assumed if you're a powerful enough good guy space wizard it was just something that happens. I was quite content with that for decades. But apparently not.

Then episode 3 plops out and you get this rushed garbled explanation that Liam Neeson learned to turn into a spook somehow, maybe he stumbled upon an FAQ in the Jedi library one day, and he's been ghost Skyping Yoda about all this entirely off screen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1

2 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

He was supposed to appear to Yoda in ROTS. It was in the script but never filmed. It ended up just being insinuated that he had appeared to Yoda just before Bail Organa, rather rudely, interrupted Yoda's meditation.

In the scene where Anakin murders Sand People in Episode 2 don't we hear the ghost of Qui Gon shout "Anakin, NO!"  as Yoda grimaces at the death being caused by Anakin?

Bit hypocritical given this cut dialogue from episode 1.

I went up and down the Dune Sea with a lightsaber, hoping I’d be approached by somebody – I’m ashamed to say that – and I did it for maybe a week, hoping some Sand Person would come out of a cantina and have a go at me about something, you know? So that I could dismember him.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

In the scene where Anakin murders Sand People in Episode 2 don't we hear the ghost of Qui Gon shout "Anakin, NO!"  as Yoda grimaces at the death being caused by Anakin?

You hear him say "Anakin, Anakin!" Then there's a separate "No!" Then Rear Windu enters and asks Yoda what's wrong.