Jump to content
rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nimmel

Obi-Wan Series - Ewan McGregor stars

Recommended Posts

They just need to use the Star Wars threads on here, steal every shit joke and bad pun, and there's the script

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2019 at 04:56, Nimmel said:

Bugger all information yet apart from it starts shooting next year.

 

 

Edit: Updated with better quality video.

 

So based on that timeline diagram

 

Age of Republic = Shite

Age of Rebellion = Good

Age of Resistance = Shite

 

Maybe that means the next Age, the Age of Repetition, will be good. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2019 at 01:55, wev said:

They just need to use the Star Wars threads on here, steal every shit joke and bad pun, and there's the script

 

Given the salt in some of the threads surely one of the cases would be "Who killed the Last Jedi (who walked into the locked room)?"

 

The solution will subvert your expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 minutes ago, drmick said:

It does seem that the period between ROTJ and TROS is a bit of a blank slate for the potential for decent story telling.

 

Fixed.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several hours of McGregor doing that Alec Guiness impression.

 

I do hope it's set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens with Obi-Wan as a ghost that only people who know the Force can see. Could make some great stories out of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it's about Ewan McGregor's awful posh English person impression settling on Tatooine and giving lessons in etiquette to Sand People, with Bake Off style editing and a competitive element.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

I hope it's about Ewan McGregor's awful posh English person impression settling on Tatooine and giving lessons in etiquette to Sand People, with Bake Off style editing and a competitive element.

 

Never really understood the frothing over his performance. Always seemed to be focused on trying (and failing) to sound like Alec Guiness. If everything else wasn't so weak in the prequels, I don't think it would get half the praise heaped upon it as it does. I suppose it's the least wooden performance of the lot, bar Sidious and Dooku. 

 

Sequels have the opposite problem of everyone around Daisy Ridley being on form and her coming off like an extra from an episode of The Bill.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, leave Ewan alone, I liked his younger Kenobi too.

 

I quite liked James Arnold Taylor's impression of Ewan McGregor's impression of Alec Guiness in the Clone Wars as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, James Lyon said:

I do hope it's set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens with Obi-Wan as a ghost that only people who know the Force can see. Could make some great stories out of that.

The Sith Sense.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, womblingfree said:

I hope it's about Ewan McGregor's awful posh English person impression settling on Tatooine and giving lessons in etiquette to Sand People, with Bake Off style editing and a competitive element.

 

I hope it's just him spying on Luke from a far like some kind of space pedo.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

I hope it shows what he's been doing with the Sand People that makes them shit their strides at the sight of him.

 

I guess you missed all the parts in all the movies where they mention a mysterious power called 'The Force'. It's sort of like magic, and it is utilised by a bunch of dudes called 'The Jedi'.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tourist said:

 

I guess you missed all the parts in all the movies where they mention a mysterious power called 'The Force'. It's sort of like magic, and it is utilised by a bunch of dudes called 'The Jedi'.

 

Mcbain.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never took that to be him using the force, more like he knew some animal cry that would scare them away. In fact he probably withdrew from the force like Luke does later - oh shit, am I just seeing this now? I feel like a right Elmo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

I never took that to be him using the force, more like he knew some animal cry that would scare them away. In fact he probably withdrew from the force like Luke does later - oh shit, am I just seeing this now? I feel like a right Elmo!

 

Obi-wan wasn't disillusioned like Luke became though. He was hiding out on Tatooine watching over Luke and learning even more mad Force shit from Qui-gon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.