rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

Disintegration

Edge likely wasn't enthusiastic for no reason, so this could be one of those instances where the developer decides to release the worst footage they could find which makes the game look way worse than it is. For some reason that keeps happening in the games industry.

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

Edge likely wasn't enthusiastic for no reason, so this could be one of those instances where the developer decides to release the worst footage they could find which makes the game look way worse than it is. Fir some reason that keeps happening

Im struggling to think of many instances that this happens.

The story cinematic stuff in that trailer looks so much like Destiny. Right down to a wise-cracking cyborg and hover bikes! 

The actual game, it could go in lots of ways from the gameplay section. So who knows really! I'm not actually going to express some sort of judgement this early, that would be silly. 

• Upvote 1

It's not a great trailer - the pre-rendered stuff at the start looks really slick, but the in-game stuff is badly edited. I would hazard a guess that they paid a third party to do the first bit, and cobbled the second bit together themselves, and the developers are probably too close to the game to really get a sense of how to best show it off. I can believe that the game is more fun to play than that video makes it look, although it also looks like it's really early on in development.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Well there was some really recent one, but I forgot the game!

The new EA Star Wars game. All the trailers made it look terrible, but the word of mouth is extremely positive. 

• Upvote 1

I'm really interested in the game, but that's mainly because of the Edge article, which gives a better view of what the game is about than this trailer. You need more than a couple of short flashes of gameplay to get a sense of how it plays and what the flow of the game is.

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Didn't the Edge preview say it wasn't a GAAS type shooter? Maybe I'm mistaken but the game play footage looks like that genre personified.

The opposite. There are no GAAS elements. MP is not progression based and the SP isn't anything like Destiny, more like Halo.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It looks like a cross between Destiny and Titanfall and not very single player focussed. A disappointing trailer.

Yrah, that's my main disappointment. I was hoping for gripping single player Halo-like scenes and got mesyy multiplayer Destiny-style scenes. Maybe the actual game is completely different but going purely by this first impression, it's not for me. 

8 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

The new EA Star Wars game. All the trailers made it look terrible, but the word of mouth is extremely positive. 

That's the one! 

5 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

I'm really interested in the game, but that's mainly because of the Edge article, which gives a better view of what the game is about than this trailer. You need more than a couple of short flashes of gameplay to get a sense of how it plays and what the flow of the game is.

The opposite. There are no GAAS elements. MP is not progression based and the SP isn't anything like Destiny, more like Halo.

Yeah hopefully the trailer is not entirely indicative of what the game is like, but the HP bars, the numbers, the erratic jerky animation.. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yrah, that's my main disappointment. I was hoping for gripping single player Halo-like scenes and got mesyy multiplayer Destiny-style scenes. Maybe the actual game is completely different but going purely by this first impression, it's not for me. 

That's the one! 

I don't think they are multiplayer scenes. According to the preview in Edge it's an FPS mixed with an RTS, those other robots are AI controlled, you get to order them about, order flanking manouvers etc.

From the Edge preview

The result sees you, as Shoal, piloting a gravcycle...... .... while simultaneously commanding a squad of up to four AI-Controlled ground troops.

Apart from a personal dislike of MMO-type games and GaaS (it's just not for me), it's the numbers that turned me right off the Destinies, even after lots of people swore to me up and down that the campaign was like playing a Bungie Halo campaign honest. For me it wasn't even remotely like that because in Halo the tactical combat feels balanced and polished to perfection - and the more you play, the more you instinctively know which enemy does what and (crucially) how much damage it can take from every kind of weapon. In the Destenies, if your numbers are too low you're up against tiresome bullet sponges or if your numbers are too high you're bored playing what feels like easy mode without any need for tactics. No need to defend Destiny, I know lots of people like it! And maybe I'm wrong for all kinds of reasons, but this was my honest to god experience going through the vanilla D2 20hr campaign in its entirety. 

I much prefer Halo or Fear-like balanced and tactical combat and seeing this reveal trailer with it's hp bars and numbers, even if it's hella short and hella early, turned me right off. Even if I wasn't expecting a carbon copy of Halo, I was expecting/hoping for combat in a similar vein. Hoping that that was what they were going to redefine.

• Upvote 6

The Edge stuff about Halo and what not had me thinking Disintegration was a standard FPS rather than what seems to be a game where you point at an enemy for your minions to go after while you float above them like a gattling gun wielding Lakitu.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

The Edge stuff about Halo and what not had me thinking Disintegration was a standard FPS rather than what seems to be a game where you point at an enemy for your minions to go after while you float above them like a gattling gun wielding Lakitu.

Your enemies will be Laikitu survive.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 2