rllmuk
Swainy

Masters of the Universe: Revelation coming to Netflix

37 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

15 dollars each apparently so I'm hoping for £12.99 but expecting it to be more likely £20. Sadly.

I'm talking about the OG prices, still looking for a laser Skeletor

12 minutes ago, yakumo said:

I'm talking about the OG prices, still looking for a laser Skeletor

Ah. I'm happy with new versions provided they are reasonably priced. 

I listen to the Fat man Beyond podcast. He comes across as a genuinely nice guy so I am going to fight in his corner in the Smith-bashing fight!

His artistic pedigree is quite average though, below par even, I'll grant you that.

Bought a vintage Castle Grayskull off eBay today. Needs some parts replacing. Could get expensive. 

On 23/02/2020 at 12:58, Stoppy2000 said:

15 dollars each apparently so I'm hoping for £12.99 but expecting it to be more likely £20. Sadly.

They had reissues of the original He Man figures in Forbidden Planet, had the original mini comics in them and everything! 

I thought about picking up a couple for my son..

Then I saw the price... £25 each??? Fuck that...

(and they didn't have Man-E-Faces)

1 minute ago, gone fishin' said:

They had reissues of the original He Man figures in Forbidden Planet, had the original mini comics in them and everything! 

I thought about picking up a couple for my son..

Then I saw the price... £25 each??? Fuck that...

(and they didn't have Man-E-Faces)

Those reissues don't actually have the mini comics in - they just have a piece of card with some art on. The origins line coming later this year will hopefully be more affordable. Also if you like the mini comics there is an awesome collection of every single issue in one nice hardback book. It includes notes and interviews. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Those reissues don't actually have the mini comics in - they just have a piece of card with some art on. The origins line coming later this year will hopefully be more affordable. Also if you like the mini comics there is an awesome collection of every single issue in one nice hardback book. It includes notes and interviews. 

the mini comics are fake? Wow close call, I nearly bought Stratos last month in there :rolleyes:

image0787801.png

7 minutes ago, dino_jr said:

the mini comics are fake? Wow close call, I nearly bought Stratos last month in there :rolleyes:

image0787801.png

I believe so. I have the Skeletor in that range and it's just a piece of card with some artwork on it. I think it's a rights issue. Hopefully the new figures come with brand new mini comics. 

4 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I own the physical versions of all these books - they are all well worth the money. The newspaper strips one is the weakest but also still amazing to see these stories being reprinted. 

Exact same feelings, newspaper can be avoided.

25 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Exact same feelings, newspaper can be avoided.

It's a limitation of a serial newspaper strip. The story is constantly repeated in every day's instalment. Still some good stuff. The mini comics are gold though. Some very early Bruce Timm work in them as well and some nice trivia and interviews. 

Foolishly I have set to work hand drawing some MOTU top trumps for my son... 8 out of 30 done so far. Any suggestions for the categories? 

Screenshot_20200523-105610~2.png

3 minutes ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:
  • Muscles
  • Pose-ability
  • Laughing
  • Homo-eroticsm

Not sure I could accurately split them into these categories.. :lol:

2 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

There are some official ones:

1418146605_images(13).jpeg.6d221ff17024142ff70ecdda5f66bbb8.jpeg

Could just copy those. 

Came across those myself - seems they are also fan made. Don't really like the heroic/evil categories... Not many shades of grey in He-Man! 

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 20:45, Stoppy2000 said:

Bought a vintage Castle Grayskull off eBay today. Needs some parts replacing. Could get expensive. 

That's only after you get planning permission as well.

16 minutes ago, Steven said:

That's only after you get planning permission as well.

Coincidentally this still hasn't arrived. I was cutting them some slack due to the covid situation but surely it should be here by now?!

• Upvote 1

I kind of like the idea of a He Man series more closely following the very early original concept for the character, where He Man was a wandering barbarian type, in a world of robot dinosaurs. Apparently that was the concept for the original toy line, before they made the cartoon and introduced Prince Adam and Cringer and everyone. 

9 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Foolishly I have set to work hand drawing some MOTU top trumps for my son... 8 out of 30 done so far. Any suggestions for the categories? 

Screenshot_20200523-105610~2.png

You could try to shoehorn them into the official Marvel or Transformers categories?

9 minutes ago, drmick said:

You could try to shoehorn them into the official Marvel or Transformers categories?

Think I'm going with Strength, Cunning, Weapons and the gloriously vague Top Trumps Rating. 

3 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

I kind of like the idea of a He Man series more closely following the very early original concept for the character, where He Man was a wandering barbarian type, in a world of robot dinosaurs. Apparently that was the concept for the original toy line, before they made the cartoon and introduced Prince Adam and Cringer and everyone. 

If you have Netflix and any interest in he-man, watch the he-man episode of "the toys that made us". It's fascinating. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

If you have Netflix and any interest in he-man, watch the he-man episode of "the toys that made us". It's fascinating. 

There is also a documentary on Netflix called The Power of Grayskull. Worth a watch. 

• Upvote 1