Masters of the Universe: Revelation coming to Netflix

Swainy

13 minutes ago, Garibaldi said:

Two episodes in and enjoying it thusfar. I like that the focus isn’t on the big two as the original cartoon always seemed like their show, and it’s more interesting to get into some of the lesser characters.

Barring a pretty skilled writer, which despite his best intentions Kevin Smith is not (at least, not anymore), is there really much more to be said about He-Man and Skeletor? I think it would’ve been a case of people clamouring for that and saying ‘well, this is a bit pants’ if given exactly what they expected. 

Well if they explored the actual family relationship between Adam and Skeletor which was implied in some of the lore then that could potentially be interesting.

Although I think it's always fun just seeing Skeletor have his schemes foiled by He-Man...

They could have done a substantially similar journey with Adam rather than Teela - finding yourself and your place, if they wanted. 

However, I am pretty sure there is an infinite number of good/interesting stories with more or less any set of characters in the right hands. I never really get this line of argument. 

I binged it in one sitting and it was.... OK. I agree with a lot of the points regarding how Teela acted throughout.. just didn't sit right. Also I've no issue with the focus of the show being more on her and the supporting cast for a while..... However... They do need to bring he-man back as the primary character in my eyes. Its going to get old very quickly if they don't. 

4 hours ago, RK1D said:

I binged it in one sitting and it was.... OK. I agree with a lot of the points regarding how Teela acted throughout.. just didn't sit right. Also I've no issue with the focus of the show being more on her and the supporting cast for a while..... However... They do need to bring he-man back as the primary character in my eyes. Its going to get old very quickly if they don't. 

It's only half way through the story... I think it'll all be ok by the end...

34 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

It’ll be more surprising if…

there isn’t a reset at the end of it.

1 hour ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Yeah I know... It was great to be back in eternia though and the fan service in terms of additional characters and vehicles the used was great. 

At the end of the day though masters of the universe (for me personally) was all about he-man and I'd love to see the focus or the show back on him. I'll stick with it obviously. 

1 hour ago, davidcotton said:

It’ll be more surprising if…

there isn’t a reset at the end of it.

I think some things will be reset.. I don't think they'll do a Superman time travel reset though. 

I’m definitely about 3 years too young to care about this, born in 86. I enjoy it for what it is, but it’s not a religion. Some of the reaction online has been surreal.

TMNT and Jurassic Park toys were sold to me, this was always lobbed in with Scooby Doo or the Flintstones. 

7 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Also this arrived today...

FB_IMG_1627322927859.jpg

Do you know if you can get me a Faker?, only one I really want and can't find him anyway without stupid prices.

4 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Do you know if you can get me a Faker?, only one I really want and can't find him anyway without stupid prices.

Best bet is to keep your eye on Amazon - do you have a Smyths near to you? 

Bizarrely I do have another Faker on the way but who knows when he'll arrive. If he ever does then I would probably part with him.

2 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Best bet is to keep your eye on Amazon - do you have a Smyths near to you? 

Bizarrely I do have another Faker on the way but who knows when he'll arrive. If he ever does then I would probably part with him.

I check Amazon but it was never in stock, and Smyths won't be getting any more in. If you do part with the extra Faker please let me know:)

It’s hilarious seeing people decry this as damaging the sanctity of He-Man and the lore. What fucking lore? He-Man was throwaway nonsense and that’s why it was fucking amazing. Let’s not pretend it was some high-brow show. It was a big burly man in pants with a sword he wasn’t allowed to use running about doing daft shit and it was glorious, but it was as deep as a puddle. 

I also don't understand why the version of he-man these people seemingly want would be as crap story wise as the original show. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't just a marketing tool for a new toy line like the original was but apparently that's all a bit much for some people. They just want to see he-man destroy some shit, yeah!

I find it all strangely similar to the desire to see Luke Skywalker single handedly smash everything in the latest trilogy. Why would you want that, it would be fucking boring. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

It’s hilarious seeing people decry this as damaging the sanctity of He-Man and the lore. What fucking lore? He-Man was throwaway nonsense and that’s why it was fucking amazing. Let’s not pretend it was some high-brow show. It was a big burly man in pants with a sword he wasn’t allowed to use running about doing daft shit and it was glorious, but it was as deep as a puddle. 

Hold your horses there... the cartoon itself wasn't exactly a lore-fest but the brand as a whole has quite a lot... I haven't read these books for nothing! 

FB_IMG_1627649264589.jpg

2 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

Just picked up the first issue of the prequel comic and it's rather good and has the start of some of the "new lore"image.thumb.jpg.21a9d5a2c1404395377e9500444ef052.jpg

I've got this ordered - stupidly I ordered it with issue 2 as well so it won't get posted until both are released. Lesson learnt. 

On 30/07/2021 at 12:10, b00dles said:

I also don't understand why the version of he-man these people seemingly want would be as crap story wise as the original show. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't just a marketing tool for a new toy line like the original was but apparently that's all a bit much for some people. They just want to see he-man destroy some shit, yeah!

I find it all strangely similar to the desire to see Luke Skywalker single handedly smash everything in the latest trilogy. Why would you want that, it would be fucking boring. 

FrighteningGenerousGibbon-size_restricted.gif

• 3 weeks later...