rllmuk
PeteBrant

Most bad ass scenes in film

Suprised no one mentioned the bar fight from Kingsman: the Secret Service

A lot of people quoted the "manners maketh man" line after this, but its not that what makes this scene cool or badass.  In fact I'd argue that line is the least badass bit of the scene, which works so well for a few reasons.  First is the sudden switch of Harry from being quite polite and leaving them alone to deciding to lock them in, signalling that shits about to go down.  Then there's that we havent seen Harry in action - we've seen a Kingsman in action so we know they're good, but how good he is, is an unknown.  Then there's the fact that its Colin freakin' Firth suddenly beating the shit out of these thugs and as soon as you see him kick ass, you're totally sold that he's actually that good.

Of course there's also the church scene, which is much better as an action scene (its one of my favourite action scenes in ages, but in terms of being badass, its this one.

• Upvote 3

"I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far and no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!"

From 4:10.  But this entire sequence shows Picard's unyielding hatred and determination to beat the Borg.  

Everyone commits everything in these scenes.

• Upvote 9

This is a cracking scene, especially that moment Riggs burst in. So many great scenes, I love the opening drug/christmas tree sale, the helicopter shoot/chase and so much more. Oddly though, was always disappointed with the final fight. Still, fantastic movie.

• Upvote 1

Good shout on Ronin, so much badassery. 

l don't know her, but l was ready to blow her brains out. But you, l don't particularly like you. Just imagine what l'll do to you if you try anything. Now give me my money.

You think you can stitch me up on your own ? lf you don't mind, l'm gonna pass out.

The entire final race is one of the most glorious things ever created for cinema, but the bit where he kicks the Mach 6 back into life to win the race is something that makes me want to jump up and down on the settee screaming GO SPEED GO! like an utter, unabashed twat.

I absolutely fucking love this film and I'll make no apologies for that fact. Fuck all y'all. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

The entire final race is one of the most glorious things ever created for cinema, but the bit where he kicks the Mach 6 back into life to win the race is something that makes me want to jump up and down on the settee screaming GO SPEED GO! like an utter, unabashed twat.

I absolutely fucking love this film and I'll make no apologies for that fact. Fuck all y'all. 

I posted that on page 1... :quote:

... but I don't object to it appearing again! :wub:

• Upvote 1

On 27/08/2019 at 23:27, Couch Corpse said:

"Your arrogance offends me"

Great shout. I remember watching that thr first time and when he says "you dont remember me?" I was all, no way hes gonna take them all on....but he bloody does. It was great.

• Upvote 1

On 17/08/2019 at 05:25, Fitzcarraldo said:

Watching this again right now. The entire intro of the movie is just superb. As is the rest of the film.