rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
gospvg

Gamescom 2019 - Inside Xbox, Stadia & GEOFF

image.thumb.png.23474d5d7a281467524131b685ea5fac.png

Play Anno 1800 for free until 25th August!

Even the small print doesn't mention that that campaign isn't included and explicitly calls the 'free' Anno a demo. "may not contain the same content as the full/final game". The use of 'may' implies to me that they gave this to a third party and weren't even sure what would be a part of it.

So realistically:

"Play a cut down demo version of Anno 1800, put together by a third party, with no campaign, for free"

crowd cheers and woops

Can you imagine the backlash if Microsoft said that about the new Halo game, or Sony about the new Last of us, and then it turned out the campaign was excluded. 

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to wonder if this is due to Epic store exclusivity. I wonder if they are trying to avoid some kind of technical contractual clause by releasing this version as a totally different thing to the full game.

• Upvote 1

Last post, I promise...

It really is a fucking demo. Even the sandbox mode is restricted, not even allowing custom games or anything outside of the 'normal' difficulty. What else is going to be gimped? Absolutely stupid.

It was a pointless thing for Gamescom to advertise anyway. The entirety of Ubisoft's software will be free for all of September via Uplay+, including Anno 1800. 

10 hours ago, Radish said:

It was a pointless thing for Gamescom to advertise anyway. The entirety of Ubisoft's software will be free for all of September via Uplay+, including Anno 1800. 

Yes, so I've decided to skip this trial version and wait for uplay+. I can't even find a silver lining in already having downloaded the game, because it will be a completely separate download.