rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
gospvg

Gamescom 2019 - Inside Xbox, Stadia & GEOFF

2 minutes ago, Comrade said:

Apparently Sony has just announced they’ve bought Insomniac games.

Can we have a spiderverse game please?

10 minutes ago, Scruff said:

1st of Oct Bungie are releasing what they're calling 'New Light' which is F2P, and consists of all the strikes, Gambit, PvP the D2 Red War campaign, Mars and Mercury (which were the first two DLC planets) and maybe some selected other activities.

All platforms.

Ah, so it’s different to the new Shadowkeep stuff? Is it expected to be like a demo to lure people into the paid version then?

Not really a demo but yes, it is trying to hook in new player. There is months upon months of content there for free though. Shadowkeep is the new expansion which is paid for, for everyone.

6 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Ah, so it’s different to the new Shadowkeep stuff? Is it expected to be like a demo to lure people into the paid version then?

It's the entire base game and the first two DLCs

12 minutes ago, PK said:

It's the entire base game and the first two DLCs

Same question really though then - something to lure people into the current version (new gear, activities, level cap increase maybe?)?

Death Stranding looks like Kojimas Shenmue moment - an expensive vanity project but whereas Shenmue has an actual game in it albeit slow paced, Death Stranding has you plodding around fields talking to celebrities.

Death Stranding looks utter shite. 

Although i think there is a reason kojima has only shown this utter shite. 

The core gameplay will be nothing like what we have seen, wee guy likes to suprise people. 

12 minutes ago, Orbital2060 said:

So whats the deal with Stadia and D2 then, if you still have to buy Shadowkeep?

Its a hundred bucks for a unique tag, the controller .. and the free part of D2?

The paid Stadia Founders thing gets you three months or so of Stadia Pro, or whatever it's called, which includes Shadowkeep.

The thing about Kojima is, writing wise, he's a rip off merchant and a hack. Now don't get me wrong, I love the majority of his games, but it's just weird how he's apparently some MASSIVE visionary because he, say, ripped off blade runner but added a rip off of Sting from Dune, or ripped off Lethal Weapon but IN SPACE, or ripped off escape from New York but with NONSENSICAL SHITE.

I mean, rip offs are everywhere, but it's just odd how his are seen as original and trailblazing. It's when he actually puts a bit of his own stuff in that we end up with a disjointed clusterfuck stuck way too far up its own arse. See also Death Stranding. And what's his deal with the Russians, did they kill his dog or something? Fucking leave them alone. He'd make the Russians the baddies in an adaptation of The Animals of Farthing Wood if he could.

Still, either way, this looks a bit like MGSV but with a ladder so you can actually climb higher than three feet, so day one for me.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogster said:

The paid Stadia Founders thing gets you three months or so of Stadia Pro, or whatever it's called, which includes Shadowkeep.

Ok cheers

Thats what I thought as well after E3

But I think Bungie missed a chance to restart the Destiny franchise at this point. I know many players are deeply invested in Destiny but the game has had such a rocky development and to bring lapsed and new players in I think they should have purged their game and started from scratch. Maybe given veteran players some nice legacy items to boost their new career, and make them stand out next to the noobs. Because I really want to get into it, but I hesitate when I see the light levels some players are at now.

26 minutes ago, Orbital2060 said:

Ok cheers

Thats what I thought as well after E3

But I think Bungie missed a chance to restart the Destiny franchise at this point. I know many players are deeply invested in Destiny but the game has had such a rocky development and to bring lapsed and new players in I think they should have purged their game and started from scratch. Maybe given veteran players some nice legacy items to boost their new career, and make them stand out next to the noobs. Because I really want to get into it, but I hesitate when I see the light levels some players are at now.

So all players old and new can play together, Bungie are raising the light level to 750 for everyone.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/amp/destiny-2-shadowkeep-will-bump-all-players-to-power-level-750/

2 hours ago, RJ Badman said:

The thing about Kojima is, writing wise, he's a rip off merchant and a hack. Now don't get me wrong, I love the majority of his games, but it's just weird how he's apparently some MASSIVE visionary because he, say, ripped off blade runner but added a rip off of Sting from Dune, or ripped off Lethal Weapon but IN SPACE, or ripped off escape from New York but with NONSENSICAL SHITE.

I mean, rip offs are everywhere, but it's just odd how his are seen as original and trailblazing. It's when he actually puts a bit of his own stuff in that we end up with a disjointed clusterfuck stuck way too far up its own arse. See also Death Stranding. And what's his deal with the Russians, did they kill his dog or something? Fucking leave them alone. He'd make the Russians the baddies in an adaptation of The Animals of Farthing Wood if he could.

Still, either way, this looks a bit like MGSV but with a ladder so you can actually climb higher than three feet, so day one for me.

You reminded me of this:

"I think that if you're ripping off Tom Clancy, it's...Tom Clancy is Tom Clancy, he deserves all the money and fame. The guy has worked hard. Writing is hard work. So to shoot out a bunch of these kinds of things, that we've been talking about, and then claim yourself as a writer when...And you know, there's good work being done in games. I think Portal is really well written, very beautifully written, but Kojima's stuff is...Fine, be a game creator, and know what you're not very good at, and learn to work with people who are. Stanley Kubrick, famously, the one thing he could not do was write. He could do everything else, but he didn't know how to write, so he worked with good writers, and worked with them in a very sort of relentless partnership. He knew his limits. I don't think Kojima's a writer. The fact that he would even be considered one shows how low the standards are in the game industry. Nothing in MGS2 is above a fanfic level. He wouldn't last a morning in a network TV writers' room, and those aren't exactly turning out the Dark Tower series or The Wire."

http://www.eatchain.com/garbage/METALGEAR%3F%3F%3F/Metal Gear Solid 2 Agness Kaku Intereview/Page 3/Hardcore Gaming 101 Agness Kaku Interview.htm

I'm not sure I agree with the idea that Kubrick wasn't a writer. He was at least a co-writer on all his films, and was the sole credited screenwriter on Clockwork Orange and Barry Lyndon.

Way to go Ubisoft. "Anno 1800 free to everyone for the next week". But it isn't. I have spent almost 24 hours downloading it, it is a trial version which doesn't give you access to the campaign, only the sandbox and multiplayer.

Bloody tools.

If they'd said "Anno 1800 sandbox and multiplayer modes free to everyone for the next week". I'd probably have thought it was cool and possibly decided to download anyway.

I wonder if they were being deliberately miss-leading or it was a genuine miss-communication.