rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
RastanSaga

Super famicom exclusives.

Please could anyone share some super famicom exclusives worth getting..

I'm good at finding famicom exclusives...but not so good on what was exclusive on super famicom..

Thank you.

There are still some great games that can be picked up relatively cheaply (Super Tennis springs to mind) and although not an exclusive, thanks to Nintendo publishing the game, Sim City it feels very different to the other versions.

A big problem you do have is that the exclusive games tend to be very expensive. Unless you're wanting to collect them (and pay a lot), I'd recommend picking up a few bootleg multicarts to at least see which games you really like.

I've got this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-in-1-Super-Nintendo-SNES-Multi-cart-PAL-Mario-World-Street-Fighter-VideoGame/392249500888?hash=item5b53e464d8:g:0YQAAOSwgotcNg9n

It's got a nice selection of Capcom and Konami games, as well as a few other exclusives. There are a few that don't work as they've put the wrong region rom on there (annoyingly Demon's Crest doesn't work after about 5 minutes with a "wrong region" error), but as I said it's a good way of testing the games out first. If you like them then you could always save up for the real versions (better save for a while, some of the games cost hundreds!!)

1 hour ago, gone fishin' said:

There are still some great games that can be picked up relatively cheaply (Super Tennis springs to mind) and although not an exclusive, thanks to Nintendo publishing the game, Sim City it feels very different to the other versions.

These games are not Super famicom exclusives

I think they meant (i cant write this without looking like an idiot), games exclusive to the Super Famicom and not the SNES?

1 hour ago, ulala said:

These games are not Super famicom exclusives

I think they meant (i cant write this without looking like an idiot), games exclusive to the Super Famicom and not the SNES?

Ah yes, Super Famicom! 

Probably the best exclusives required understanding of Japanese, thankfully there's a fairly healthy patched English translation carts on eBay  like Secret of Mana 2.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Secret-of-Mana-2-II-for-SNES-Super-Nintendo-English-Translation-PAL-UK-SELLER/323882820213?hash=item4b68eba275:g:enkAAOSwYw1dP3FL

There's also repro carts for the BS Stellaview exclusive games like The Legend of Zelda NES remake. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zelda-bs-remix-homebrew-Super-Nintendo-snes-pal-uk-Retro-Video-Game/193007373645?hash=item2cf022cd4d:g:jVUAAOSwItRdNawC

There's carts for sale from these guys (never used them, so can't vouch) but it gives you an idea of what translation and fan carts are available

https://www.gamereproductions.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=2

(I like the sound of Bastard! Dark God of Destruction myself)

• Upvote 1

Great SFC fighting games:

Gundam Wing: Endless Duel (developed by the consistently excellent Natsume and using the same engine as (non-SFC exclusive but excellent) Power Rangers: The Fighting)

Makeruna Makendo 2 (fighting game sequel to scrolly basher Kendo Rage)

• Upvote 1

Magical Pop n’ is a good one I remember playing back in the day. Platformer that plays well and doesn’t require the need to understand the language. 

[Edit] Ok this is expensive and will be hundreds from what I can see. I saw a seller wanting over $7K for a brand new copy of it on Amazon. Shame as it’s a good game but yeah not cheap. 

4 hours ago, SeanR said:

Ganbare Goeman was a JPN exclusive?

I think only in the sense it was Legend of the Mystical Ninja in the West, although there are a couple of sequels that Japan got too.

For stuff you can play without being able to read the two sequels to Mickey's Magical Adventure come to mind, also Gokujo Parodius and SD F1 Grand Prix.

14 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Majyuuou is worth checking out.

This looks really nice. Will be giving this a spin. Is it in English as per this vid, or is this person playing a translated version?

2 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

For stuff you can play without being able to read the two sequels to Mickey's Magical Adventure come to mind

I think the first of those sequels had a US release.

11 minutes ago, Camel said:

This looks really nice. Will be giving this a spin. Is it in English as per this vid, or is this person playing a translated version?

From memory I think the text should be Japanese.

• Upvote 1

What about the later Bomberman games. From what I just read now Super Bomberman 1, 2 and 3 got pal releases (I didn’t realise 3 came out here but also noticed it didn’t get a US release) but 4 and I’m assuming 5 were Japanese only. I had a look for a cart and it was very cheap. 

3 hours ago, nakamura said:

Lots of good games mentioned here but expensive too as will be the case. 

SDF1 Grand Prix is a fantastic Mario Kart game fused with a formula 1 game! Genuinely brilliant.

I had to Google that F1 game, it's looks brilliant, I'd never heard of it. Looks really fast too.

Retro gamer should do a article on jap exclusives that are worth playing!

15 hours ago, bplus said:

I had to Google that F1 game, it's looks brilliant, I'd never heard of it. Looks really fast too.

Retro gamer should do a article on jap exclusives that are worth playing!

I've thought about it. Watch this space. 

10 hours ago, Wishworm said:

Steve's thread on the Assembler forums is a really good list of SFC exclusives

https://assemblergames.com/threads/steves-obscure-super-famicom-games-thread.11119/

Thanks for sharing this. Started reading through it last night and what's great about it is the depth at which he describes the games. It's really easy to try out an obscure game and ten minutes in wonder what all the fuss is about. eg, Violinist of Hameln; I've given that a bash before and didn't think much of it, but now I can see how much comes later, I think it needs a revisit.

btw, halfway through that thread he stops updating and announces his own site: http://www.rvgfanatic.com/

• Upvote 1

On 13/08/2019 at 10:54, Camel said:

Great SFC fighting games:

Gundam Wing: Endless Duel (developed by the consistently excellent Natsume and using the same engine as (non-SFC exclusive but excellent) Power Rangers: The Fighting)

Didn't know it existed, did some googling and after reading this and watching youtube i want it!

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/snes/gundam_wing_endless_duel