The Day Shall Come - Chris Morris & Jesse Armstrong

Oh yeah the film looks great and based on their previous work I'm sure it will be.  I just meant the trailer itself isn't very good, cutting from gag to gag to gag for its whole duration.

I had no idea they were even making this, it comes out 11th October!

Saw this at SXSW. I enjoyed it but did not love it unfortunately.  It does not feel a long way from just being a sort of Four Lions set in the USA and with more perspective from law enforcement.  That's probably about all I can remember about it.

• 1 month later...

There's a lot in this interview, the whole thing is worth watching.

But the bit I'm going to focus on is that a couple of people on Cookdandbombd have posted that his comments about satire ("You do a nice dissection of the way things are in the orthodox elite, and lo and behold you get slapped on the back by the orthodox elite, who say 'jolly good, can you do us another one?'") could be a reference to Armando Iannucci's OBE. :sherlock:

10 hours ago, papalazarou said:

watched this last night and while its good, as Gommy mentions above, feels more like re-tread in parts like four lions which is a far better movie.  which is a pitty as there are moments in this where it could be as good but then fall flat.

I thought it was an absolute turkey - one or two decent lines but it felt to me like no ones heart was in it. Unlike Four Lions this is mostly told from the POV of the cops/CIA etc and making these people look foolish is hitting a pretty easy target. Maybe it's aimed more at an American audience where this would be seen as brave - challenging the authority of the intelligence community etc. It also made no sense in places, like

why was there a convey of police cars following the lads after the arms deal fell apart? If they didn't stop at the Ice Cream place where they just going to follow them for the rest of their lives with their lights on??

The Prince song at the end was good. But even at 85 minutes this felt dragged out. 

2 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I did not know that. Not sure why I got negged for asking a question. :bye:

I also posted the video in the US politics thread, where someone else reacted very similarly to you, and also got negged for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2019 at 11:59, Silent Runner said:

I thought it was an absolute turkey - one or two decent lines but it felt to me like no ones heart was in it. Unlike Four Lions this is mostly told from the POV of the cops/CIA etc and making these people look foolish is hitting a pretty easy target. Maybe it's aimed more at an American audience where this would be seen as brave - challenging the authority of the intelligence community etc. It also made no sense in places, like

Hide contents

why was there a convey of police cars following the lads after the arms deal fell apart? If they didn't stop at the Ice Cream place where they just going to follow them for the rest of their lives with their lights on??

The Prince song at the end was good. But even at 85 minutes this felt dragged out. 

Yep, I'm a huge fan of Morris but even I have to admit this film is utter shite, very disappointing. Bring back Jam!

• 8 months later...