NFL 2020!

The best thing about the Texans is, they're constantly throwing the ball and Watson is having a great year amongst the terrible results. I paired him up with Will Fuller in Fantasy and they scored me 80 points last night, which pretty much looks like it's going to seal me my first ever regular season title in the work league I've been in since 2013 :)

Too much can go wrong throwing in the middle with LBs/S reading, lurks, zone dogs etc for someone who hasn't made a read ike that in years (and wasn't great at it when he did in college). Out routes are terrible, requiring arm strength and good ball placement or there is a good possibility of a pick 6. Perversely, the low precentage deep passes are their best bet, much more likely to be single coverage with the D cheating up on QB runs and there is a decent chance of a dpi flag. Just look at the other QB in this game, similar scenario but much more experienced at the QB role and its still not smooth. Decisions that are simple and automatic for a proper starter are delayed and doubted as it is not natural and the chance is missed.  The Saints D is also good, its not like they were playing the Jets :lol: :(

There was no way they were going to look like a traditonal, functional O. For what they had that was about the most that could be expected.

• 2 weeks later...

See, any other season I look at last night as a Browns fan and say 'awesome job guys, that was an amazing effort!' but this season... we needed that win. Playoffs still look very possible but the Ravens have been poor of late and we really should have beaten them. Great game, though!

41 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

See, any other season I look at last night as a Browns fan and say 'awesome job guys, that was an amazing effort!' but this season... we needed that win. Playoffs still look very possible but the Ravens have been poor of late and we really should have beaten them. Great game, though!

Your next two games should be automatic wins, so that'll help.

This is true. Plus, looking on the positive side, it means us and the Titans are still going to be in a playoff race with each other to a degree, which will hopefully ensure Henry and Chubb keep racking up the big yards for my fantasy team in my league's playoffs!

Idiot of the week must go to Juju Smith-Schuster. Doing a stupid dance for TikTok in the centre circle every week is stupid enough. Doing it against a Bengals team at their home, pissing them off and resparking the decades old rivalrly is hilarious. Their defence had fun lighting him up and causing the upset.

4 hours ago, Orion said:

Idiot of the week must go to Juju Smith-Schuster.

Someone hasn’t heard about Dwayne Haskins’ latest brainless stunt. 

Edit: I suppose I should explain just in case. After he played an absolute blinder in WFT’s loss on Sunday, be was caught partying, maskless, with a bunch of strippers in a club. 

Bad enough in a pandemic but bear in mind he has a history being and idiot and his coach is recovering from cancer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is it too early to expect the Bills to win the super bowl?

They are 7-1 right now (3rd favourite)

The chiefs are a great team but it’s quite an achievement to be able to genuinely say that I think the Bills match them in almost every way right now.

Diggs is the top receiver in the league and that’s due to Allen becoming something far beyond what anyone would have expected.

What a quality team.

Need better run defence in general but the offence is finally capable of making up any short falls from the defence.

So we (the Browns) have been unable to practice all week due to our facilities being shut down, our head coach and a number of other coaches have tested positive for Covid and now a number of players have too... and yet the NFL have said our playoff game against the Steelers this weekend will go ahead as planned.

Absolute madness. Earlier in the season a similar outbreak for the Ravens led to their game (also with the Steelers) being delayed for almost a week. Not entirely sure why the NFL are playing hardball here in completely similar circumstances.

Two reasons I would think. 

1. As it’s the playoffs they can’t really delay it as it would mean the winner would have much less recovery time for the next round, which I admit didn’t seem to matter in the regular season. 

2. (The probable real reason) Its the Sunday night prime time game and if they postpone it the money men are going to be royally pissed off and we just can’t have that can we. 

Surely...

3. A couple of days delay likely won't help much, the Playoffs is already a tightly run schedule and there is absolutely no way they are even remotely considering pushing back the Super Bowl.